Find
Notify
Tools

Day to Night RT
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Day to night delay box setting
Do you remove time? = slow down on reaction.
Add reaction time? = get faster on reaction.
Stay exactly the same? No change

And by how much. I am sure lighting of the tree comes into play. Assuming LED Bulbs being used which I think almost all tracks are anymore, maybe I am wrong.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ken MacNicol
posted Hide Post
With the old bulbs I use to subtract, now I add at night

Posts: 38 | Location: Hendersonville, Tenn. | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
Day to night delay box setting
Do you remove time? = slow down on reaction.
Add time? = get faster on reaction.
Stay exactly the same? No change

And by how much. I am sure lighting of the tree comes into play. Assuming LED Bulbs being used which I think almost all tracks are anymore, maybe I am wrong.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So you are faster releasing on LED. Interesting. Ok thanks.

BG

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Most are slower at night and therefore take time out of the box.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Most are slower at night and therefore take time out of the box.

That's what I thought, just had a limited sampling. Some say no change. A gentleman I know is pretty good says he is faster at night, but seems like MOST are slower. I don't box race a lot but at night I am about 0.015 slower than day.
Thanks

BG

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Luke Bogacki has spoken/written about RT variation day to dusk to night. Again, most are slower.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
It depends on how well the tree is lit, but I’ll take out up to 20 numbers when it gets fully dark.

Takes some balls to do it if you were good the round prior.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3158 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Sun position before dark decides if I am faster or slower.

Posts: 521 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
It depends on how well the tree is lit, but I’ll take out up to 20 numbers when it gets fully dark.

Takes some balls to do it if you were good the round prior.

Thank you.

BG

DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Day time to dusk (Sun starting to set but not fully gone) I usually pick up .010 roughly. Then can go back to day time or need to roll it out after sun is fully down. On some occasions, when sun goes fully down I find not needing to take it out at all because by that time we're usually hot lapping and adrenaline is pumping so lights tend to stay better if you stay focused enough.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Hook up a practice tree to your trans brake button and try it in your garage or trailer....

Daylight or lights all on and than in the dark...

See what happens.....I did that years ago....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I'm usually.010 slower at night. At the Million last year with Montgomery's spotlight on the tree I could not seem to pull enough. I thought I crushed it to be .020-.025.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the detailed feedback!

BG

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Allred
posted Hide Post
Are the amber lights at the track all LED now? Just curious..

Mike Allred

Posts: 276 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: March 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Everywhere I have raced in last 5 years I believe so yes. But that is only 6 or so tracks.
I can't remember one that was still incandescent.
I'm sure there are somewhere
I just noticed going off bottom I was slower at night and wanted to ask what others experienced.

BG

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Allred
posted Hide Post
I believe I’m a deer in the headlights bottom bulb racing as well. I have amber interior lights and yellow fog lights trying to adjust to the sudden yellow blast when the tree starts. If I think it helps, it probably helps…. Maybe..

Mike Allred

Posts: 276 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: March 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
Eye condition, age and normal reaction all play a role. My son slows down as the sky darkens, I speed up and I'm 25 years older. So he's rolling out numbers while I putting them in.

Not to high-jack the thread but we have an east/west track and as we rotate the big star in the sky will sit right behind the tree. I have requested and maybe others a temporary blackboard behind the tree but they refuse. There are times when I can't even see the stage bulbs.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post