DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Hoosier 18771 BR1
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoosier 18771 BR1
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of N2Ofrog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by supergas:
N2Ofrog the tire I have now is a 18650 CO7.

Have you tried the C06? That is usually the choice for a door car. A lot of us have had a lot of success using that tire/compound. Only difference could be is we are going fast with our cars and we usually want the car to get up on the tire.

Posts: 929 | Location: Columbia Station, OH | Registered: January 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Haven’t tried the CO6 tire. On the spec sheet the CO7 has a stiffer side wall. The car will spike the driveshaft at the hit and make the reaction time slower.

Posts: 61 | Location: div5 | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of N2Ofrog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Haven’t tried the CO6 tire. On the spec sheet the CO7 has a stiffer side wall. The car will spike the driveshaft at the hit and make the reaction time slower.

Might be worth trying the C06 compound...that is the one Hoosier recommends for door cars. There are a handful of us that use it on our TS cars and it works great for us.

Posts: 929 | Location: Columbia Station, OH | Registered: January 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
Didn't Lynn Ellison test the BR1 on his super gas car?

Yes sir, I indeed did run the BR1 on my Haas Cutlass in SG and Brackets a few years ago. It was AWESOME with that tire.

In honesty of fair reporting, that was literally the only tire I ever ran on that car as it was flawless. Now that was 3 years ago and am not sure if they still have the same BR1 but I think it would still be a good tire.

I know that Luke ran the bubbas on his SG car as we talked a little about that. Both his Corvette and my Cutlass were very light for the class so that may play into why the dragster style tires may work on those cars. I'm pretty sure my Cutlass weighed less than a lot of dragsters out there!!! LOL!

I would listen to Furr on Hoosiers right now as he know his stuff!

Lynn Ellison

Posts: 133 | Location: The Boat! | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Lynn. How light was your car when your tried the BR1 tire and what mph did your car run?

Posts: 61 | Location: div5 | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the late response, about like my lights these days. LOL!

My car was 2150 on the line and would go 175 or so at 9.90. Would go 4.70's bracket racing.

Lynn Ellison

Posts: 133 | Location: The Boat! | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My car is a little heavier at 2350. Have been 172 in the heat of the summer maybe this tire would work on my car.
Thanks everyone for the info!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
quote:
My car is a little heavier at 2350. Have been 172 in the heat of the summer maybe this tire would work on my car.
Thanks everyone for the info!

Curious if you solved your issue?

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Talked to Faron this spring and he suggested to try the 18770 tire.