DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Hoosier 18771 BR1
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoosier 18771 BR1
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by NEMO963:
I didn’t think you did Top, I agree bashing MT was a “ED” thing to do, and my point was you can bash any tire (or product) but that doesn’t help the original poster looking for information...I just assumed the negative Hoosier post was coming from a MT fan so I took the opposite side to prove a point, or be contrary...however you want to look at it.

I guess my nature is when someone asks something I don’t reply if I don’t have first hand experience. If I have a negative experience I say “I used it and this happened to me, this is why, how I got around it, or unless they fixed it I would look at this”. I was being sarcastic and taking the other way which is bad mouth it with no backup, explanation, and often no first hand experience. You can say on this case “well everybody complains they shake” which is false on its face since many don’t...and the pool of racer that use BR-1 on a super gas car is sooo small the chances of anybody that jumps in and says they will is most likely taking out their butt. On top of that there are soooooo many variables on tires what works good in my car maynot on yours (power settings, weight, shock settings, suspension settings, track temp, track condition) that a blanket statement like “have a welder” is silly since mine doesn’t shake. Maybe his did but that’s because he doesn’t have enough power or suspension is not right or whatever. Now answering like “man I would be careful with the BR-1 because if you don’t hit it hard enough you may have some shake, I had that and ended up on a c1500 and had much better luck”...that helps the original poster, keep a welder handy not so much. Just like my comment, my Mt’s didn’t leak and I didn’t need soap, I heard people that did...I blistered mine but running 220mph in a 145 degree race track, so I always say “well if your not running 220 on hot tracks you’ll be in good shape with a 3196, but faster than that may want to look at a different tire”...that’s helpful, not “MT sicks they blister”.

Lots of words but that’s my explanation for why I was a smart a$$, not because that’s the type of person I usually am....also it’s cold here and I want to race my car so I’m grumpy.

Nemo

I'll add this, first I have run GY, Hoosier and MT on my current ride. 4 link 6.60 to 6.80 dragster, MT's are the hands down winner, the others aren't even close, kinda like the Patriots... Sorry I had to get that in there!

When your running well over 200 MPH your in a different world than the bracket world and no matter what part we are talking about, parts just don't last anywhere as long! It's the Laws of Physics! Bracket dragsters can get over 200 runs on a set of tires, at 220, divide that by 4 if your lucky.

And it's cold at my place too! LOL

I'll play devils advocate just like Nemo. Smile

I've also ran GY, Hoosier, and M/T on the same car. And nobody would believe it but GY works the best for me. So is it fair for me to make a blanket statement that GY is the best for everyone no contest?

Nothing personal as I don't doubt that M/T is the best for you and the many others that say they work best on there cars. They obviously make tires that work well for people. But so do the other brands.

So I totally get Nemo and his reaction to how almost every tire topic on the site goes. It's predicable which way the topic will go.

Scott

Posts: 1838 | Location: Illinois | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
goodyears were the best for my bracket car also,for now staying with c 1500 hoosier in td.steve what tire is that you have is that a test tire

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Scott & others

To clarify, I have always stated that all the tire companies out there produce good products! However both GY and Hoosier struggle in the TD class. If you don't believe me then just walk the lanes at any event, MT rule, case closed. Now that doesn't mean that the other tires won't work or that no one is using them. In this deal the MT's have the largest sweet spot and are the most user friendly tire.

I also drive a car in TS for a friend. It has Hoosiers on it and works well however as I have experienced with Hoosier on my dragster, in cool conditions the Hoosier have down track issues that occur much sooner and with much more intensity than the MT's. We will be trying the MT's this seasons. In normal summer weather the Hoosier work fine.

As for GY's, I haven't used these on my dragster since the old 2032's were made, an excellent tire on track and even better on cold ones (I nick named these my snow tires) however they were just down right nasty in the burnout, shake was terrible coming out of the burnouts and it took it toll on gear sets! The 34.5 Hoosier also has the same issues. All the MT's I have run are smooth as glass coming out of the BO and believe me, the gear sets and rear gears are liking that! From what I hear, the GY's are also good down track, it's getting off the line without shaking is the issue.

So the bottom line is simple, this is the USA, no one has a gun to your head to force you to run any tire, pick your poison and lets race!

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Didn't Lynn Ellison test the BR1 on his super gas car?

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
goodyears were the best for my bracket car also,for now staying with c 1500 hoosier in td.steve what tire is that you have is that a test tire

Rusty, not being a smart ars, but any tire would work OK with that 1.03 sixty foot.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Scott & others

To clarify, I have always stated that all the tire companies out there produce good products! However both GY and Hoosier struggle in the TD class. If you don't believe me then just walk the lanes at any event, MT rule, case closed. Now that doesn't mean that the other tires won't work or that no one is using them. In this deal the MT's have the largest sweet spot and are the most user friendly tire.

I also drive a car in TS for a friend. It has Hoosiers on it and works well however as I have experienced with Hoosier on my dragster, in cool conditions the Hoosier have down track issues that occur much sooner and with much more intensity than the MT's. We will be trying the MT's this seasons. In normal summer weather the Hoosier work fine.

As for GY's, I haven't used these on my dragster since the old 2032's were made, an excellent tire on track and even better on cold ones (I nick named these my snow tires) however they were just down right nasty in the burnout, shake was terrible coming out of the burnouts and it took it toll on gear sets! The 34.5 Hoosier also has the same issues. All the MT's I have run are smooth as glass coming out of the BO and believe me, the gear sets and rear gears are liking that! From what I hear, the GY's are also good down track, it's getting off the line without shaking is the issue.

So the bottom line is simple, this is the USA, no one has a gun to your head to force you to run any tire, pick your poison and lets race!

I did have a smiley after I said I'd play devils advocate. Meaning I was mostly messing around. But this went the direction I knew it would.

I don't doubt or question that for the TD and TS crowd and the really fast crowd that the M/T's work awesome and better for a lot of people than the other brands. I don't question or doubt that they work great for milder combos or door cars either. I've seen it with my own eyes. The results are plain as day for everyone to see. I even have first hand knowledge of a several that tired like hell to get something besides the M/T to work and as soon as they gave up and went to M/T all the problems went away and wham the car was great. I not here to debate the reasons why and so on.

Yes I agree that this is the USA and we all can do as we choose. For now I choose to be the red headed step child and run something besides M/T. That doesn't mean that I wont stay open minded and may try them again in the future or that I think they are junk. It just means IMO, for now I have found the combo that works best for me. Others results may be and likely can or will be different so I'm not posting to convince them otherwise.

There has been a ton of info shared in these tire threads that many would not know if people like you didn't share. I know I'm appreciative of what you and others share regarding your results. If I ever build a fast car or have issues like described in these threads, because of you guys I have the knowledge to make a more educated decision on something that would have been uncharted territory. So don't stop... like I said my smiley indicated I was just poking the nest.

Scott

Posts: 1838 | Location: Illinois | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 358T:
quote:
Scott & others

I did have a smiley after I said I'd play devils advocate. Meaning I was mostly messing around. But this went the direction I knew it would.

I don't doubt or question that for the TD and TS crowd and the really fast crowd that the M/T's work awesome and better for a lot of people than the other brands. I don't question or doubt that they work great for milder combos or door cars either. I've seen it with my own eyes. The results are plain as day for everyone to see. I even have first hand knowledge of a several that tired like hell to get something besides the M/T to work and as soon as they gave up and went to M/T all the problems went away and wham the car was great. I not here to debate the reasons why and so on.

Yes I agree that this is the USA and we all can do as we choose. For now I choose to be the red headed step child and run something besides M/T. That doesn't mean that I wont stay open minded and may try them again in the future or that I think they are junk. It just means IMO, for now I have found the combo that works best for me. Others results may be and likely can or will be different so I'm not posting to convince them otherwise.

There has been a ton of info shared in these tire threads that many would not know if people like you didn't share. I know I'm appreciative of what you and others share regarding your results. If I ever build a fast car or have issues like described in these threads, because of you guys I have the knowledge to make a more educated decision on something that would have been uncharted territory. So don't stop... like I said my smiley indicated I was just poking the nest.

Scott

Thanks Scott,,,

Are you watching the Patriots parade on TV today? It's on now.
Big Grin

GO PATS!!!!!!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 358T:
quote:
Scott & others

Scott

Thanks Scott,,,

Big Grin

GO PATS!!!!!!

Well, I'm from around the St. Louis area and before the Rams moved back to LA I was a Rams fan and the Patriots beat the STL Rams in a super bowl before. So, I found myself very conflicted on this super bowl. I didn't pay much attention to the super bowl... I wanted both to lose but that wasn't possible LOL.

Scott

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks Scott,,,

Big Grin

GO PATS!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Well, I'm from around the St. Louis area and before the Rams moved back to LA I was a Rams fan and the Patriots beat the STL Rams in a super bowl before. So, I found myself very conflicted on this super bowl. I didn't pay much attention to the super bowl... I wanted both to lose but that wasn't possible LOL.

Scott[/QUOTE]

You can goggle it, on line now Big Grin

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I am glad we can talk about what tire works on your car with out the nasty name calling and BS.

On my altered the MT 3074 tire worked better than any other tire I had ran. On my dragster almost same weight, same motor, transmission and gear ratio not the same. So now I am making changes in the chassis and if that does not do it then going to start trying different tires.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I am glad we can talk about what tire works on your car with out the nasty name calling and BS.

On my altered the MT 3074 tire worked better than any other tire I had ran. On my dragster almost same weight, same motor, transmission and gear ratio not the same. So now I am making changes in the chassis and if that does not do it then going to start trying different tires.

You just need a blower so you can make more power and hit the tire harder Big Grin

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:

You just need a blower so you can make more power and hit the tire harder Big Grin

Sounds nice but I am not rich, I am good looking. Sometimes I wish I was rich.........

And yes I think if I had a bunch more horsepower my car would work better.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted February 05, 2019 08:58 AM Hide Post
quote:

Rusty, not being a smart ars, but any tire would work OK with that 1.03 sixty foot.

lol you are correct i need to put new numbers up that was a really soft setup for sure.i think 992 is as quick as i have done,not really trying to be fastest out there

1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of N2Ofrog
posted Hide Post
Which compound are you using now on the 33.5?

Posts: 929 | Location: Columbia Station, OH | Registered: January 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
Frog if that question was for me ,td setup c1500 hoosier.bracket set up was 3190,if I go back it will be c 1500 until I have a reason to change

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
Can't recall the gy it may have been a 2775

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rusty,

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Fuzz
posted Hide Post
Rusty, I like the C1500 a lot but currently have on the TD7 and I like it also. I also have the TD7 on my bracket car going 4.60 and like it a lot also. No problem on burnout in bracket car or Procharger car.

Steve Furr

Posts: 231 | Location: Hollywoods cool Skool | Registered: April 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of N2Ofrog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Frog if that question was for me ,td setup c1500 hoosier.bracket set up was 3190,if I go back it will be c 1500 until I have a reason to change

Sorry, meant that for the OP.

Posts: 929 | Location: Columbia Station, OH | Registered: January 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
N2Ofrog the tire I have now is a 18650 CO7.

Posts: 61 | Location: div5 | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rusty, I like the C1500 a lot but currently have on the TD7 and I like it also. I also have the TD7 on my bracket car going 4.60 and like it a lot also. No problem on burnout in bracket car or Procharger car.

Steve Furr

i am a little behind what is the td7

1.036, 6.16@ 224