DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    GM Tech, Service Stabilitrak
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GM Tech, Service Stabilitrak
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
Along with service traction control, and service TPMS. Not always all of them, but often.

2011 Yukon Denali
Where does one start on this?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
For future reference they make TPMS bypass devices, they come out of the UK. Unfortunately they don't have any for GM products as of yet. They told me to check back.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It's just odd or seems odd that all three notifications come up all of a sudden.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
You need to start by pulling the codes.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I wasn't sure there would be codes to pull that said any more than what the messages say. If there likely are, I will have them scanned.

quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
You need to start by pulling the codes.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
It seems like i get several that have a steering angle sensor issue and it will turn on all 3 lights. If you get a code let me know which one.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
will do

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Along with service traction control, and service TPMS. Not always all of them, but often.

2011 Yukon Denali
when mine did this it ended up being a lifter failure. Assuming yours has the v4-v8 gas saving collapsing lifters too. Mine ended up getting new cam, lifters, heads
, valley plate and a few other things. Luckily mine was under extended warranty, it was very costly to the warranty company

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

2011 Yukon Denali
when mine did this it ended up being a lifter failure. Assuming yours has the v4-v8 gas saving collapsing lifters too. Mine ended up getting new cam, lifters, heads
, valley plate and a few other things. Luckily mine was under extended warranty, it was very costly to the warranty company

Lifter? Well that's the last thing I would have expected with traction control and the tpms!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
any dtc's HMMMM SES lamp on also? Not sure about the corelation between the traction control and TPMS lamp, but Steering angle sensors setting C0710 are common on those to set the SRVC traction and Stabilitrak lamps, assuming no alignment issues.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No SES lights. And it seemed like the TPMS light had a few days or a week head start on the others. Could be unrelated. Vehicle runs well and tracks straight.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
NEED A SCAN THE ABS SYSTEM AND ECM FOR A DTC

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming that parts stores cannot scan the ABS? I was hoping this could be a DIY, but maybe it won't be. Not sure how difficult the steering sensor replacement is.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
AutoZone should be able too scan it

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, YOU HAVE TO PULL THE COLUMN ASSEMBLY OUT. NOT TERRIBLE, BUT DOES REQUIRE PROGRAMMING/ SET UP ONCE REPLACED.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Never straight forward. I have read bad battery, cables, tps, brake switch, steering sensor, or cam and lifters.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Jack up the truck and drive a new one under it..….

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
NEVER SAID WHAT THE CODE WAS MAN!? Big Grin AND TPMS COULD SIMPLY BE A BAD SENSOR. THEY DO HAVE BATTERIES THAT GO .

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Car quest scanned and found no codes

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Fwiiw, tires and sensors 1 yr old

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo