DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    ICS TITAN copper head gaskets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ICS TITAN copper head gaskets
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of highstrung
posted
Anybody ever use them...the ones with the integral ring

Posts: 32 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Call Joe at Swanson Hydrographics and ask him........................

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I have not used put found this, maybe you have already.....

http://scegaskets.com/wp_super...vs-mls-head-gaskets/

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I asked about them a couple years ago at PRI. I was told they weren't capable of sealing my setup (i.e 1600-1800 hp BBC). I was using cometc mls at the time but switched to copper and orings.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Copper and o-rings for years with blown alky w/48 lbs boost,12.5:1 compression at 3000 or so HP,same thing used on TF cars.

If no power adders I don't see why the integral o-ring wouldn't be good choice.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4190 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of highstrung
posted Hide Post
Decided to go with cometic mls. Measured Ra with profilometer...30. Heard a few sealing problems with ics titans. Thanks!

Posts: 32 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post