DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    New Trailer Weather Station from Crew Chief Pro
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Trailer Weather Station from Crew Chief Pro
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software:
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
As I said I had the same problem and it was in CCP. Time did not synch up and I had to choose from the pop up box.

I reset the time I believe in the Altalab program or maybe it was on my laptop. I just don’t recall exactly.

If you have an Altalab, check the DATE right next to the Barometer reading ON THE WEATHER STATION DISPLAY BOX. If the date is more than 5 years off, you will have problems. You must set the date using the MERLIN Software that came with the weather station.

Every 5 to 6 years it is a good idea to return it to Altalab so they can replace the battery, clean, and test the weather readings.

Also, Altalab has an issue in their software where the wind speed, and direction are reversed. We fix it when the information comes over from Altalab automatically, but their software reports the wrong
info.

I bought my Altalab in 2014 and your CCP program and help disc....I won a race the first time out with them....

From new I could not access the Live weather within the Altalab software. It refused to work...I tired everything suggested and since the weather did work in CCP I just ignored it...

I've won 3 NHRA S/C races using both and went deep in others....Its worked well for me that's for sure....

I probably should send my Altalab WS in for service...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
As I said I had the same problem and it was in CCP. Time did not synch up and I had to choose from the pop up box.

I reset the time I believe in the Altalab program or maybe it was on my laptop. I just don’t recall exactly.

If you have an Altalab, check the DATE right next to the Barometer reading ON THE WEATHER STATION DISPLAY BOX. If the date is more than 5 years off, you will have problems. You must set the date using the MERLIN Software that came with the weather station.

Every 5 to 6 years it is a good idea to return it to Altalab so they can replace the battery, clean, and test the weather readings.

Also, Altalab has an issue in their software where the wind speed, and direction are reversed. We fix it when the information comes over from Altalab automatically, but their software reports the wrong
info.

I bought my Altalab in 2014 and your CCP program and help disc....I won a race the first time out with them....

From new I could not access the Live weather within the Altalab software. It refused to work...I tired everything suggested and since the weather did work in CCP I just ignored it...

I've won 3 NHRA S/C races using both and went deep in others....Its worked well for me that's for sure....

I probably should send my Altalab WS in for service...

I remember how excited you were after your victory. After 31 years in business, it is those days that make all the work very rewarding.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
Don,

I bought my weather station and CCP from you in 2013 I believe. I have had very few issues with mine over the years, and when I do have to call you or Joyce, it most often turns out to be some sort of error on my part. I'm not a real "techy" person, but you guys always seem to walk me through my issues. Sometimes while you are buckling into your car to make a run!!! Thank you for your great service, even years after the sale! My racing program wouldn't be where it is without you!

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Don I am always thrilled to win as we all are and should be

I had been struggling for a while and made big changes. From injection on alcohol to a gas carb and a plate stop.

My friend had bought an Altalab Trailer WS and was winning races. I could see this was a big improvement over the Tag handheld unit I had and still have....

He won using the Altalab software and no other prediction programs.

He had his own way of prediction and it sure worked for him......

I ran the T&T the first time out with the Altalab and your CCP and made 4-5 runs and only the last run felt like I was making progress.

Once the actual race got going it just fell my way and everything clicked...

We both won at that Open series race in 2014....

I won again later that year in very tough conditions and your CCP got me very close rd 1 when many people were off a mile !!

In 2016 I won another one and my car was dialed !! I was #1 in the Quick 8 program and the actual race.....All I had to do was drive it right and did...

Your CCP works very well. I spent hours back a few months ago fixing the mess I had for run records. While I'm racing I often make mistakes entering runs or just don't add them.

Thanks for a good product and support....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SCDIV1,

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:

Secondly, you need to watch the weather counter on the Predict TAB to make sure it continues to count, especially if you have a Performaire system.

Yeah, I had this issue last time out.. I had to swag weather data because it had stopped and I did not catch it.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No problems ever with my Altalab weather station and Ifamily software.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have 2 Atlab systems in my trailer, both purchased same time and even sent in together to be checked out, but they both have different readings.

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The Altalab people are great but in all fairness my unit spent about as much time in their shop as it did in my trailer. They apparently finally diagnosed it correctly and replaced the radio section and it seems to work fine now.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
3 years so far no issues, just spot on weather data combined with deadly accurate throttle stop timer settings from Ifamily software.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinChicken:
I have 2 Atlab systems in my trailer, both purchased same time and even sent in together to be checked out, but they both have different readings.

If you bought them from me, then call. There is an adjustment procedure in the Merlin software that allows changing some weather values.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post