DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Not your average 23 degree
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not your average 23 degree
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted
Posting this because doing it everyday for the last 13 years, I never thought it was possible. But it's happened.

400cfm 23 degree SBC. Raised Runner All-Pro..

It's far from bracket stuff, it's expensive, it needs weld, but it will make some steam.

Few pics of the master port.

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
What cu in /cr engine are these going onto? Will you be able to do a follow up if/when dynode?

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Nice work, ....that's certainly get'ner done.

Fellow racer and servant of the Lord of Lords
John 14:6
"Creekside Racing Ministry"
MFI system, ProCharger Non-intercooled [6.02 @ 229 or 3.91/660' soft tune and killing power above 6K rpm]
Ron Clevenger

Posts: 1006 | Location: Visalia, Calif. 93292 | Registered: November 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
What cu in /cr engine are these going onto? Will you be able to do a follow up if/when dynode?

Have 4.200 x 4.125 lined up.

This is a master, so I will have plenty!

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron C.:
Nice work, ....that's certainly get'ner done.

Yea, it should!!

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Those the AP227 castings? Start with them bare or did they have some work already? Is that spark plug all the way in? What plug? I ask because mine are recessed, the chamber is not open enough to get the plug in there like yours. I was told that casting is meant to be used on a 4.185 or larger bore, I am only 4.155 and did not have the chamber opened up, wanted to keep the compression. Heck, it was a 4.125 bore for years!

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
Those the AP227 castings? Start with them bare or did they have some work already? Is that spark plug all the way in? What plug? I ask because mine are recessed, the chamber is not open enough to get the plug in there like yours. I was told that casting is meant to be used on a 4.185 or larger bore, I am only 4.155 and did not have the chamber opened up, wanted to keep the compression. Heck, it was a 4.125 bore for years!

RR245 casting. I put the plug where I wanted it and will have the chamber welded below it before they are CNC'd..

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
So does anyone make a raised runner tunnel ram manifold that will fit these heads or will it require a fabricated intake?
Considering these but still want to run my Enderle hat injection.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4017 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Also what shaft rocker system does these use?

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4017 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
Also what shaft rocker system does these use?

That casting may be very similar to mine, and T&D has the correct shaft system for them off the shelf, I use the AP227 casting. It is a raised runner design and spread port exhaust. Call Bob at All Pro and check with him.

I used the same Brodix intake I had on my Brodix 11X heads which were "normal", not raised runner. Had material welded to the top of the intake runners to match the heads. China rails have a spacer on them. I buy a stock Felpro intake gasket and use a Dremel to open the height up to where I need it.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Put them heads in a snall roundy round race and break all records for a while Laughing Hard hey how fast did your daily street toy turn out hp etc

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Put them heads in a snall roundy round race and break all records for a while Laughing Hard hey how fast did your daily street toy turn out hp etc

I will find out here soon. I found a DANA 44 for it and went from 3.23 to 3.92 gears. Also have a complete 3" with a Spintek muffler I'm putting on it, then chassis dyno. Just been busy. I did buy another one however! Driver.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^ NICE !!!! Love the 3rd Gen cars.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Do you know what cc the chamber is?

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Trophy
Picture of SuperPro54
posted Hide Post
Very sharp 3rd Gens

Posts: 109 | Location: Florida - Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
What price range are these going to be Chad ? Looking at changing heads on my 421 to 18 degree but I’d like to stay 23 since I’m on alcohol

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C Hodge:
What price range are these going to be Chad ? Looking at changing heads on my 421 to 18 degree but I’d like to stay 23 since I’m on alcohol

Why do you need to stay with 23 degree on alcohol?

Posts: 477 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Never tried 18 degree on a SBC with alcohol but 18 and 12 degree BBC I have and I don’t want that headache ever again. I’d rather just stay 23 degree so I know there’s no issues

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've ran a 15 degree SBC on alcohol for 10 years with no problems. That's why I asked.

Posts: 477 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by team:
I've ran a 15 degree SBC on alcohol for 10 years with no problems. That's why I asked.

I think that used to be pretty popular with sprint cars too.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post