DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    race operation weight
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

race operation weight
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
What are you towing with and what are the weight ratings of the axles?
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:
One car, no lift, half fuel, full of everything else to go racing.

latest weigh slip by neetchracer, on Flickr

Posts: 1459 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
15' toter with a gooseneck stacker. 14600# steer axle, 23000# drive axle(20K legally) and 21K in trailer axles.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
OK, figured it was a road tractor or a toter.

Posts: 1459 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Please don't take this is critical of anyone. But I look at almost 45000 lbs and thing in the big picture for our team at least, we are needing to get a 1700 lb dragster and a few hundred pounds of people to a drag strip. All the rest is to make us comfortable.
Oh, and I like being comfortable. LOL.
I'm sure most of the heaviest are taking extra cars and I know we take a golf cart....for comfort and extras in case. And a motorhome. We have evolved from me driving my car to the strip, to now my car being less than 5% of our total road weight. Wow!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Progress Big Grin

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I have no time or space to work on my race cars at home so I get to the track early and do everything at the track. I will carry two cars and all the parts and tools to maintain them. After having every combo of tow vehicle, I can say this gooseneck toter deal tows better than anything else I've had.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Right around 11k lbs I think.

Truck - 6200 lbs
Open trailer - 1550 lbs
Hooptie - 2810 lbs
Gear (5 fuel jugs, parts, tools, jack, spare tire, etc) I'm going to guess another 400 lbs or so

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post