Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Updating Our Racing Program
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Updating Our Racing Program
 Login/Join
 
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Getting some things done on the interior of car. Ordering the carpet kit for it today. I got the circuit/relay board mounted it gets installed in the passenger side kick panel area.





1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before! Big Grin
3050 lbs.
Pump Gas 434
Glide/5800 Stall
4.10 Rear Gears
Car Detuned for high 9s/low10s @ 133-34 mph
 
Posts: 1678 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of BP758
posted Hide Post
Looking good Brian!


Raceless in California!
 
Posts: 4267 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
Looking good Brian!


Thanks Barry!

I wasn't happy with the diagonal bars from the main hoop to the driveshaft tunnel. I specifically specified per the rules, diagonal bars go to a crossmember bar connecting the subframe connectors together. That's why it has 4 diagonal bars, besides that I'm happy with the cage.

I've been busy wiring the trunk & some of the interior. I tested one of the fuel pumps & discovered I have to replace the fuel lines. The new lines are ordered & I'll test the other pump when I get them installed.


1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before! Big Grin
3050 lbs.
Pump Gas 434
Glide/5800 Stall
4.10 Rear Gears
Car Detuned for high 9s/low10s @ 133-34 mph
 
Posts: 1678 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of BP758
posted Hide Post
The new lines are not lasting like they used too. I did hard line with compression fittings inside the frame. Double Insulated line then slid ur in the frame. Eliminate some of the bs.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.


Raceless in California!
 
Posts: 4267 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
The new lines are not lasting like they used too. I did hard line with compression fittings inside the frame. Double Insulated line then slid ur in the frame. Eliminate some of the bs.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.


My fuel lines have been lasting around 5 or 6 years, but these lines have been dry/capped for over a year. I only had one spot that was leaking but decided to replace them all with an upgraded line. It was $240 for 30' of -8an braid. I had a return system previously & of course I needed it for the fuel injection. I was thinking about teflon lined hose but didn't want the hassle. I also looked into the Russel 1/2" line rated for 250 psi but the fittings were not rated for the higher pressure.

Merry Christmas to you & your family also!


1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before! Big Grin
3050 lbs.
Pump Gas 434
Glide/5800 Stall
4.10 Rear Gears
Car Detuned for high 9s/low10s @ 133-34 mph
 
Posts: 1678 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Things a going really slow getting this car back together. Below is the reply I got back from ProCharger, I'm at 6 weeks. LOL!

"Thanks for reaching out to ProCharger about your
F-1A-94.

We build all kits to order. We are currently 5-6 weeks out."

I had fun today, had to climb into the rear seat area to put in carpet. It still isn't done, wish I was 30 years younger.


1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before! Big Grin
3050 lbs.
Pump Gas 434
Glide/5800 Stall
4.10 Rear Gears
Car Detuned for high 9s/low10s @ 133-34 mph
 
Posts: 1678 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of BP758
posted Hide Post
Pistons are 8-12 weeks and most parts are further out.
Hey I remember crawling around my Camaro cutting and fitting the 10pt moly cage! Painful! We waited a year for heads and manifold. Currently waiting for A/R plates so we can dyno them 780 motor. Trying times for sure.


Raceless in California!
 
Posts: 4267 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looking good keep plugging away LVMS schedule is out and as usual pretty front heavy starting in a couple weeks

We all feel your pain. I am in the middle or redoing a car, well two myself. 64 is getting a new 8.50 cage as we are cutting the old one out as I don't like anything about it. The truck is getting alot of updates to make it more of a racecar than show pooch. I am hoping o have something I can race this coming year. The parts issues just dont stop but what can you do.



"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero
 
Posts: 868 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I feel y’all’s pain. After ten months I finally have all the parts to do the back half on my car. Problem now is my chassis guy is loaded up and can’t get my car into his shop now. The wait goes on. Maybe race in 23.
 
Posts: 424 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Looking good everyone. Al that thing doesn't look as heavy as you spoke of it to be. Smile


Regan Wilson Super Street 469C
 
Posts: 236 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
Looking good keep plugging away LVMS schedule is out and as usual pretty front heavy starting in a couple weeks

We all feel your pain. I am in the middle or redoing a car, well two myself. 64 is getting a new 8.50 cage as we are cutting the old one out as I don't like anything about it. The truck is getting alot of updates to make it more of a racecar than show pooch. I am hoping o have something I can race this coming year. The parts issues just dont stop but what can you do.


Al, can we get a little info on this truck & what are your plans for it?

I raced this truck for 3 years for the owner. I'm sure you seen it at LVMS.



1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before! Big Grin
3050 lbs.
Pump Gas 434
Glide/5800 Stall
4.10 Rear Gears
Car Detuned for high 9s/low10s @ 133-34 mph
 
Posts: 1678 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlueTruck:
Looking good everyone. Al that thing doesn't look as heavy as you spoke of it to be. Smile


That's because most of it is missing in the pic Smile Its a real Dakota all steel, full interior, door panels, with dash, radio, power windows etc etc. Steel doors still have the crash beams in them as well. I swear they are 200lbs a piece. Also has a full exhaust that will be stayong that exits out the bed side. All going back in. But otherwise it is a full moly 6.0 cert deal. Looks like we are going to take the body off and re powder cat the entire chassis as we have added alot of stuff along with moving the 6c bar back. Id imagine shes gonna be between 31-3200 when done...

I know the truck well. Theo is a good guy. Talked to him at Streetcar for awhile as well had plenty of downtime. AS for plans some local bracket racing at LVMS with it but mainly going back to the .90 stuff. Truck had a Hemi and TF in it which I sold and currently has nothing for motorvation as I am still looking for something.


"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero
 
Posts: 868 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Big kids present, the ProCharger showed up today! Big Grin



1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before! Big Grin
3050 lbs.
Pump Gas 434
Glide/5800 Stall
4.10 Rear Gears
Car Detuned for high 9s/low10s @ 133-34 mph
 
Posts: 1678 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
ProCharger sent 2 blower pulleys & RPM belts as requested with the kit. I will start with the 4.75" blower pulley to learn & hopefully run low 9's with that set-up. It will spin the blower rpm to around 61,000 @ 7,000rpm. The other pulley is a 4.25" with around 68,000 blower rpm @ 7,000rpm & hopefully that will get us into the mid - high 8's. The max blower speed is 74,000 rpm, so I still have some rpm/boost to work with.


1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before! Big Grin
3050 lbs.
Pump Gas 434
Glide/5800 Stall
4.10 Rear Gears
Car Detuned for high 9s/low10s @ 133-34 mph
 
Posts: 1678 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR S/Pro
Picture of BP758
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Big kids present, the ProCharger showed up today! Big Grin



Man that Sucks! Laughing Hard
Get that shyt done let’s go race!
Happy New Year to you and yours!


Raceless in California!
 
Posts: 4267 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
Man that Sucks! Laughing Hard
Get that shyt done let’s go race!
Happy New Year to you and yours!


It sucks & blows!

One thing after another slowing this project down. I had a medical issue last week & had an accident at work. I've been off resting since Wed. of last week. I go to work tomorrow.

I was planning on putting in the spare motor & trans this past weekend to mockup the fuel injection wiring but that didn't happen. Life gets in the way of toys, oh well.

Happy New Year to you all!


1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before! Big Grin
3050 lbs.
Pump Gas 434
Glide/5800 Stall
4.10 Rear Gears
Car Detuned for high 9s/low10s @ 133-34 mph
 
Posts: 1678 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlueTruck:
Looking good everyone. Al that thing doesn't look as heavy as you spoke of it to be. Smile


That's because most of it is missing in the pic Smile Its a real Dakota all steel, full interior, door panels, with dash, radio, power windows etc etc. Steel doors still have the crash beams in them as well. I swear they are 200lbs a piece. Also has a full exhaust that will be stayong that exits out the bed side. All going back in. But otherwise it is a full moly 6.0 cert deal. Looks like we are going to take the body off and re powder cat the entire chassis as we have added alot of stuff along with moving the 6c bar back. Id imagine shes gonna be between 31-3200 when done...

I know the truck well. Theo is a good guy. Talked to him at Streetcar for awhile as well had plenty of downtime. AS for plans some local bracket racing at LVMS with it but mainly going back to the .90 stuff. Truck had a Hemi and TF in it which I sold and currently has nothing for motorvation as I am still looking for something.


have you looked into the late model Hemi stuff, with a Procharger and a T400 ? Keeping it mainly Mopar, and serious steam too ?


You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.
 
Posts: 733 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
I have thought about it for awhile now. Take some stroke out and go ProCharger.


Regan Wilson Super Street 469C
 
Posts: 236 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlueTruck:
I have thought about it for awhile now. Take some stroke out and go ProCharger.


I drank the Procharger Koolaid, I hope it works out for my plans. USA


1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before! Big Grin
3050 lbs.
Pump Gas 434
Glide/5800 Stall
4.10 Rear Gears
Car Detuned for high 9s/low10s @ 133-34 mph
 
Posts: 1678 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The Moser Muscle Pak rearend is getting ordered this coming week. I got the quote from the dealer at just a tad over 5K. The picture below is for a coil spring set-up ours will be for the factory leaf spring set-up. We are getting 35 spline axles, spool, 3.89 gears, back brace, 1350 yoke, 5/8" studs, aluminum case/support, Moser brakes & powder coated black.



1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before! Big Grin
3050 lbs.
Pump Gas 434
Glide/5800 Stall
4.10 Rear Gears
Car Detuned for high 9s/low10s @ 133-34 mph
 
Posts: 1678 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Updating Our Racing Program

© DragRaceResults.com 2023