DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Can't screw radial tire to rim?????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't screw radial tire to rim?????
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
What's the best way to keep drag radial from shifting on the rim without screws? Scuff up bead area and hi-tack applied to both bead area and bead of tire? What type of hi-tack. Some harden and some stay soft.

Posts: 80 | Location: Mooresville, nc | Registered: October 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
Hitack works, but all my radial guys either don't have problems or they get beadlocks.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Permatex High tach spread it on pretty liberal. You need to let them set a couple of days before running them or they will turn an inch. if you leave the high tack set for a couple of days they wont turn at all, in my experience, but were not hitting real hard either.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I screwed them 20 years ago. I don’t do anything special at all anymore.

Bring them to the local Goodyear shop who mounts them the same way they mount passenger car tires, then I put them on the car and go racing.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I use hair spray, it's worked on bias and radials. Clean the bead and the rim with lacquer thinner or similar.

Posts: 1458 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’ve run radial slicks since 1999 and they have never been screwed, glued nor have I use hair spray. Roll Eyes Been 1.28 60 foot @ 3880 lbs. and 1.17 @ 3144 lbs. both off the footbrake and my slicks never move.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post