DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    OMG!!!! IF HAVE A MOTOR VEHICLE IN CALIFORNIA PLEASE READ
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OMG!!!! IF HAVE A MOTOR VEHICLE IN CALIFORNIA PLEASE READ
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted
All motorcycle's and high performance cars new and old if you have a modified exhaust you can get a ticket for $1000 and one point on your license . This is not a fix it ticket , law says you will pay the fine, WOW.....

here's a link ....

https://speedsociety.com/break...ine-non-correctable/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
California. I am not surprised. The state appears to be mostly a joke to live in. I wonder if there is a time cutoff in that law? In that..if say a vehicle is over 20 years old it is exempt? What about big trucks? There are thousands of 'em out here that put straight pipes on them, I hear them from 0530 until about 1900 going by the house.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
This is NOT a emissions issue , any vehicle making above 95-decibel will be ticketed....any year, make or model.....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good. Lets drive this wooden steak into the heart as quick as possible. Fact is, illegals don't have motorcycles or race cars. No harm no foul. I know it's not easy to pull up steaks and move, but I watch with a certain amount of entertainment, how much the sheeple will remain steadfast before they have had enough.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
Quit whinin about it and take your state back.

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
LOL !!!! I don't live there.....haha

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
Smart move. Its a shame really. Hopefully theres a civil war soon. No free man shall be denied the opportunity to drive out to california and race for pink slips at sunset and vine, not to mention racing all the way to dead mans curve on a sat night. Im typing this as a free man, that has been robbed of the chance to go out to drag city and check out all the tough lookin stockers with chrome reverse wheels. George Washington wouldnt put up with this why should we? USA

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Why should a street driven vehicle be louder than 95 decibels?

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
That's about what the muffler rule was in NHRA

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You can blame the import crowd. Those souped up lawnmowers can sound as loud as a fuel car at times.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by diceman1530:
That's about what the muffler rule was in NHRA

No this is a law for street driven vehicles I believe....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Burkleo:
You can blame the import crowd. Those souped up lawnmowers can sound as loud as a fuel car at times.

I thought this would effect motorcycles and aftermarket performance pipes on autos of all types. These style items are illegal if removing the cat , but these are still being install ( anarchy rules ). Wonder how the testing of DB levels will be done when to are being written up? Are they going to be carrying DB meters? The lawyers are going to have a field day with this.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
For years ( when I was young) u couldn’t get away with noise. Then it was ok for a while.... Now they are enforcing it. Even the Motor Cops put loud ex on thier bikes saying the public could not hear them.. really... Wrong What?- the siren don’t work??

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Charlie Allen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:

Nailed it !! I agree, and I live in California. For those who want to be loud, support you local dragstrip.........they won't care and you can play racecar driver.

"Mourning the loss of Auto Club Dragway in Fontana"............RIP

Posts: 532 | Location: Sunny SoCal | Registered: March 07, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are they going to be carrying DB meters?

I've got the phone app!

quote:

Because free men have freedom of choice. Creeping tyranny is an insidious cancer, especially for those that can't see.

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Barry you were never young. Smile

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1009 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Larry
we have pictures proving Barry was young a LONG time ago
Ask him to post em - pretty entertaining

Posts: 84 | Location: Benicia Ca | Registered: November 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Gillette:
Larry
we have pictures proving Barry was young a LONG time ago
Ask him to post em - pretty entertaining

This coming from the guy that was sitting in the same po po car saying ; so was that fun or what? LMAO No officer we were not racing I swear!

Larry....Once upon a time.. Oh never mind... I cant remember..

Hush Moe! I know its coming...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
Are they going to be carrying DB meters?

I've got the phone app!

quote:

Because free men have freedom of choice. Creeping tyranny is an insidious cancer, especially for those that can't see.

It's pretty seldom that I find myself agreeing with CA. But, shouldn't there be SOME limit as to how loud a vehicle should be? When it is loud enough to wake everyone on the block, is that actually encroaching on other people's freedoms? There are motorcycles that actually hurt my ears when they drive by on the street. We require hearing protection at work for that sound level. I really don't care about the driver's hearing. But should everyone else be subject to it without choice?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6396 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are motorcycles that actually hurt my ears when they drive by on the street. We require hearing protection at work for that sound level.

Yes I know the motorcycles you're talking about. I have a kid on a 2 cycle that comes past my house that's obnoxiously loud. Let's see, hot rodding and accompanying "loud exhaust" took off about 1955 so we've survived that long but low and behold 2019 requires a new law that carries a $1000. fine! I'm sure there are already laws on the books that would cover the motorcycle you speak of.

And your hearing protection at work. I bet you didn't have hearing protection 10 or 15 years ago. Why, because YOU, the employer, didn't care. You require it now because of the darlings that have enacted such laws you must follow. And, it's a CYA for the employer legally (another recent phenomenon). With that said, I've always worn hearing protection when I was in loud environments, of which I was for many years off and on and my hearing for an old man is pretty darn good considering. Yet I use to see young men that had hearing protection available but wouldn't use it because they were bullet proof, although I always suggested it to them because I knew the creeping danger of hearing loss. So maybe you're right, people are too dumb to know whats good for them and we need big brothers laws to protect us.