DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    OMG!!!! IF HAVE A MOTOR VEHICLE IN CALIFORNIA PLEASE READ
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OMG!!!! IF HAVE A MOTOR VEHICLE IN CALIFORNIA PLEASE READ
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
There are motorcycles that actually hurt my ears when they drive by on the street. We require hearing protection at work for that sound level.

Yes I know the motorcycles you're talking about. I have a kid on a 2 cycle that comes past my house that's obnoxiously loud. Let's see, hot rodding and accompanying "loud exhaust" took off about 1955 so we've survived that long but low and behold 2019 requires a new law that carries a $1000. fine! I'm sure there are already laws on the books that would cover the motorcycle you speak of.

And your hearing protection at work. I bet you didn't have hearing protection 10 or 15 years ago. Why, because YOU, the employer, didn't care. You require it now because of the darlings that have enacted such laws you must follow. And, it's a CYA for the employer legally (another recent phenomenon). With that said, I've always worn hearing protection when I was in loud environments, of which I was for many years off and on and my hearing for an old man is pretty darn good considering. Yet I use to see young men that had hearing protection available but wouldn't use it because they were bullet proof, although I always suggested it to them because I knew the creeping danger of hearing loss. So maybe you're right, people are too dumb to know whats good for them and we need big brothers laws to protect us.

I agree with you on the fine amount, and also that there are probably already laws to cover it. But that wasn't what I quoted from you. You indicated that there should be freedom of choice here. All I said is that there should be limits on that freedom when it affects the freedoms of others.

And yes there are OSHA requirements regarding hearing protection. But frankly, we have greater reasons for preventing people from injuring themselves at our work place.....it's costly! So we provide hearing protection and require our employees to wear it in areas with high noise exposure. Simple.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Does this mean that I have to put the Borlas back on the Roadster? What is this World coming to?

Welcome to California, a State run by lunatics!

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
My post got deleted?

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
Does this mean that I have to put the Borlas back on the Roadster? What is this World coming to?

Welcome to California, a State run by lunatics!

Bob

LOL .....Street vehicles hahaha your funny Bob

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
All I said is that there should be limits on that freedom when it affects the freedoms of others.

Taking a moment to recall, how many time over the last year has your hearing been encroached (freedom abridged so as to need a law to protect you) by a street vehicle? That doesn't include the 60 to 100 times you had the motor running on your dragster.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
All I said is that there should be limits on that freedom when it affects the freedoms of others.

Taking a moment to recall, how many time over the last year has your hearing been encroached (freedom abridged so as to need a law to protect you) by a street vehicle? That doesn't include the 60 to 100 times you had the motor running on your dragster.

I live almost a quarter mile from my nearest neighbor and the nearest road. And it's my choice to subject myself to the noise level, as well as what hearing protection to use. What are you getting at? How many times would this law have affected you over the last year? Should there be no limits on how much noise is acceptable, particularly in residential areas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bucky,

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
just one more reason NOT TO LIVE Liberal ass fornia.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
What are you getting at?

Oh, just wondering, in real world terms, how much you would benefit from a noise abatement law, having had your ears hurt in the past. A law you support that encroaches on some peoples personal liberties vs what degree of benefit you would actually enjoy.

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Don't worry, Bob. I got your back!

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
What are you getting at?

Oh, just wondering, in real world terms, how much you would benefit from a noise abatement law, having had your ears hurt in the past. A law you support that encroaches on some peoples personal liberties vs what degree of benefit you would actually enjoy.

It doesn't matter. I don't just think about me in my current situation.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
At what point to people say enough is enough?

Think about this stuff. Over-reaching government benefits nobody but the governing body itself. Fine money is nice-for whom?

If you limit what people can do, they sit around and do nothing. Yes this is an extreme example, but it's what happens. Tell your kids that they can't go outside, period. Sooner or later, you'll see the mental effects of the isolation. It is the same for everyone.

They tried similar here but couldn't enforce it without the cops investing in Db meters which brings on a whole other set of problems that they couldn't deal with. So now it's just called "excessive noise" and has vague definitions, so vague that it is an easy fight in a courtroom.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm just perplexed that a law that is essentially identical to other noise ordinances across the country an in CA, is the tipping point for anyone. THIS is the thing that gets you? Of all the stupid CA laws, you get your shorts in a wad about one that practically will affect only the loudest and most blatant of offenders. Is the fine excessive? Sure. But at least it is based on a practical and measurable standard. Now when Joe Drinksalot comes home after closing time on his Harley with straight pipes and wakes everyone along his route home, it will cost him. Cry me a river. You Californians have a lot bigger problems in your legislature than this deal. What is special about this one?

You got Lurch and Uncle Fester out there on a Federal level shutting down part of the federal government and any progress that could be made in the legislature because of their hatred of our President, pure and simple. How about being disturbed that you live in a state that would elect these hateful twats?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bucky,

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
At least all the illegal immigrants enjoying their "sanctuary" status will have to drive quite vehicles.

In California you may get killed by an illegal immigrant, or arrested for collecting rain water, but at least you don't have to listen to "modified" exhaust. I'm with Bucky on this one.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
A short list of recent Laws passed in California:

(1) A waitress offers a straw to a customer in a restaurant, gets a $1000 fine and the possibility of going to jail for a second offense.

(2) Same waitress offers to box up leftovers from that lunch using a styrofoam container, she gets a $250 fine for each container in San Diego.

(3) In some cites (DelMar for instance) for smoking a cigarette in your own home, you get fined.

(4) Wear a MAGA hat in public and run the very real risk of getting your butt kicked, followed by possibly being arrested for inciting a riot.

Hint: Try that one at Berkeley University and likely get shot. Freedom of speach ???, not at Berkeley.

(5) Raise the American Flag on your property while living in a HOA Community and get fined for each day it is displayed. ps: You will lose the appeal in Court.

Meanwhile, enjoy seeing the National Flag of Mexico displayed at California Welfare and Public Service Centers, in some case ABOVE the American Flag (but just below the Flag of California). I have pictures of just such a Center in El Cajon, California.

Just a few of the moronic California Laws possibly to be followed by a Tax on the amount of air you breath. God knows they Tax everything else here.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
At least all the illegal immigrants enjoying their "sanctuary" status will have to drive quite vehicles.

You jest I assume. You can't get blood out of a turnip and you can't get $1000 out of an unregistered individual that has no bona fide address. They don't show up for their court date for being in this country illegally do you expect them to show up for a ticket?!! No, as usual, this is aimed at the productive citizen that can pad the govt. coffers.

quote:
What is special about this one?

I think the phrase "the straw that broke the camels back" is what you're looking for. Incrementalism finally reaches a breaking point. The last straw isn't any different that the first, it is the culmination of infringement. Like Mavman said, when is enough enough?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Where are all these people who have had a hearing impairment caused by a vehicle passing by on the street? No, being annoyed does not count as hearing loss.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Almost as bad when a car pulls up next to you and his stereo is louder than ur car. That qualifies too! Have a feeling Newsome will chase off many more here.. Wish I could exit stage left now! I’m over this California Agenda! %^+#£€!?@&$.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Wow, my post got removed and I said a whole bunch less than a number of the above posts!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow, my post got removed and I said a whole bunch less than a number of the above posts!

You're the one we love to hate!!!! Didn't think of that

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
This won't continue on Trump's watch.......

Posts: 33 | Location: next door to you | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post