DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Why's no one at Big Foot @ Galot?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why's no one at Big Foot @ Galot?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
In Californias case it will go up with the implementation of a new gas tax July 1.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
The price of gas in California is about to go up again on the first of July, about another $1.15 cents according to the AAA Club Of California (God I hope they are wrong).

If that is the case regular will go to around $7.49 a gallon. Meanwhile Glorious Leader Biden and Governor Gruesome do NOTHING. They are determined to bankrupt middle and lower income families. These idiots are forcing the demise of gas power everything.

At this rate Drag Racing in California may be over forever.

Bob

Bob,
AAA is wrong. The increase is only 3 cents a gallon. taking it up to 54 cents a gallon for state gas tax.
The sad part is they screwed us on Prop 6 or this would have never happened.
Newscum skims the gas tax off for his special projects, green energy, the train and illegal immigrants. Not for road repair where it is supposed to go.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bob, I believe it's 5.6 cents a gallon on July first.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I thought this was about Galot but its about CA gas tax????

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I don’t know where some of you come up with this stuff.

There was a winner crowned Friday, and Saturday/Sunday were combined and split with 7 cars remaining after battling some rain.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3160 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I thought this was about Galot but its about CA gas tax????

Yeah, Fern, it got derailed. We in California are jealous that we can't race like you guys do.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen/heard any actual car count numbers? Maybe Michael will clue us in later. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Loose Rocker got delt a bad hand. Maple Grove got all the North East Racers, VMP got all the Mid Atlantic racers, gas-diesel prices through the roof, and some of the local tracks had points races. To many races and not enough racers. I went to a T&T at Farmmington Friday and spent the night. Sat was a regular points race, I have no idea what it paid but the place was packed with all classes of racers. I also saw 2 South Carolina racers that had to drive right past Galot on I-95 racing at VMP. Galot was in a tough spot.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Fern and No Prep races are every where now all over NC Va. and SC. Wonder how no prep bracket races would work out Eek

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Loose Rocker got delt a bad hand. Maple Grove got all the North East Racers, VMP got all the Mid Atlantic racers, gas-diesel prices through the roof, and some of the local tracks had points races. To many races and not enough racers. I went to a T&T at Farmmington Friday and spent the night. Sat was a regular points race, I have no idea what it paid but the place was packed with all classes of racers. I also saw 2 South Carolina racers that had to drive right past Galot on I-95 racing at VMP. Galot was in a tough spot.

If the info I heard was correct, there were only 125-150 racers at VMP Triple Threat this weekend as well?

Maybe people just aren't willing to shell out the big money to race for big money. I went local racing last weekend and it was packed as well. Seems like racing isn't really suffering, only the Big Money racing.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
quote:

If the info I heard was correct, there were only 125-150 racers at VMP Triple Threat this weekend as well?

Maybe people just aren't willing to shell out the big money to race for big money. I went local racing last weekend and it was packed as well. Seems like racing isn't really suffering, only the Big Money racing.

I think all of racing is already suffering a lot and it will get worse. Local race here Saturday car count was down but it was really hot and that may have had a little to do with it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
70% chance of rain, 100 degrees in the shade Orlando Speed World was packed to the gills.

Rained a couple times track crew dried it and sent em.

Machine crew

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Gas has been going up here $.20-.30 a gallon a week. It's getting stupid. I was considering running the divisional this upcoming weekend, but even though I'm only 30 min from Bandimere, I'm thinking no.....

There is a race with the Rocky Mountain Superchargers group in Julesburg about three hours north that I might do over the fourth though. No entry fee, they pay $200 a round, guaranteed 3 rounds, and another $1000 to win, $800 to runner up. My buddy danny was at the last one and they only had three cars....It's a two day race, so I'd leave with at least $1200....which easily covers fuel and expenses with room to spare.....They want me to come play, so might just do that

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1468 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That's what you get for complying when you had a choice MB.

The noose... betrayal.

The more you comply, the tighter the noose gets.

Hopefully you're now a little street wise for it.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I didn't comply for ****.....or for anything else....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1468 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Banning manual starting line controllers definitely impacted car count and I suspect that same call will impact the WFC.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I think we will see some adjustments with racing programs like we will see some adjustments with the world economy. The situation today is not sustainable, but business and racing, and others will go on in some form.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1834 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Banning manual starting line controllers definitely impacted car count and I suspect that same call will impact the WFC.

I wonder if they allowed transbrake buttons if the car count would increase?

But that makes it alot easier to hide a delay box.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
My local track (Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, GA) had a really nice turnout the first Sat/Sun in June for Summit Series bracket racing, and has had nice turnouts all season thus far. They are getting a few former Atlanta Dragway racers, but not many.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post