DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 ... 783
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to you all! Not much going on here, but this weekend it’s going be good weather. Perfect time to do some tree trimming and spraying of the the weeds. Also have a team race next weekend, both days. Car all serviced but needs a little cleaning and a drum of fuel! Haha

Sounds as all you are doing good , so you all have a great weekend!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all. We've been riding the weather roller coaster. Normal winter weather, mid 30s, then a drop to zero and a rise to 50s, with a little snow sprinkled in. A bit above average for the next week or so, which will help my utility bills.

I got the engine out of the Cutlass and to the machine shop. New cam and lifters ordered, hopefully won't take a long time. I'm hoping the rotating assembly is all good, and that the cylinders don't need too much cleaning up. Our first points day is April 29, and I'll run the '69 if the '81 isn't ready.

In the meantime, been getting some good hikes in with my sister, before she heads to Texas for work next month, and spending time with my girlfriend. We went to the Clemente Museum here a couple of weeks ago, and if you're ever in Pittsburgh, it's a must see.

I hope you're all doing well. Be careful out there.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern is alive and well, I think. I have been held back on about everything on my race car. No engine yet but have headers, converter, trans, and shift control box. I have yet to get the shift control to work right--I think the problem is that I have it programed wrong but not sure. So-- my plan now is to pull the motor, patch it up, and install the new headers trans and converter and hope it all works. At my age I am a little slower than I used to be. By the way if you know anyone that wants a really good Smart car I have an extra one for sale. Come on back in Floyd. Everyone be safe.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
I have been back in. Weather is getting real good now and Iwas just telling Woody we need to get the Mini truck out in the neighborhood.Gotta get the dust out of the cup holders. Don't want to spoil any scotch.
Y'all have a gooden!

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
B, good luck with the new belt and the points weekend.

That points weekend didn't go as planned! I went out in the 1st round Sat. & fumbled my way to the semi's on Sun. The tune/shock setting had the car reacting really slow. I think my best light was an .020 after trying to figure out what was going on.

The blower belt was slipping & only made 9 lbs. of boost from approximately 5,800 to 7,100. The car ran its personal best in the 1/8th & 1/4 mile, along with its best mph. The good belt is back on for the next races in a week.

Hope everything works out for your '81, but sounds like you have a back-up with the '69.

Hope everyone is good!

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2520 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good evening all, hope everybody is well. Had a great weekend, it was first team race first day at some bad luck couldn’t get out around two. Second day down to five cars And went .001 red while my competition had a problem and barely left the line. No big deal is a great time, great friends great time. It’s been raining here, where is everybody at?

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Guess I been slacking--Happy Valentines day. Hug the one you love. I have been busy as usual. Weather has been like summer here, around 70 but some rain mixed in here and there. Worked on motor home some, trimmed some trees, watched super bowl, went shopping, and started working on my race car. Getting new tires on the Smart car today, got tires on my pickup a week ago. Tire store loves me. VA found 3 skin cancers on me that they will remove in April....Life is good. Everyone stay safe.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all.

Blue Man

That's all I have to say.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well its been in the 70s last few days but looks like cold coming Sat. You get old you get slow, it took me 3 days to get trans out of race car. But that is working only 2--3 hours each day by myself. When I was young the whole deal would maybe take 2--3 hours. I need to get someone today to help me take the hood off so I can lift the motor to get the headers off. But this stuff gives me something to do and keeps me off the couch. Greensboro car show is this weekend so I'll find out whats on for area racing this year and see lots of old friends. Don't talk to much Floyd. Everyone stay safe

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
It's been so cold out here in the mornings my nipples stay hard. Laughing Hard

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You ain’t right Floyd. Got help getting the hood off, he left, and it was down hill from there. Somehow I lost control of my engine crane and about chopped off my big toe. 25-30 stitches to put it back together and 4-5 hours in the emergency room. This puts a screeching halt to a bunch of stuff. More later.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
Guy Price used to say the same thing about some of my jokes.
Maybe it's time for you to slow down a little. Takes longer to heal at our age.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Dang Fern not good! Like Floyd said you need to slow down or get someone to help you out. Your not a spring chicken anymore. You got the knowledge but would not hurt to have some extra muscle power. Hope you get better fast, I have a feeling you find a way to do things around the garage but don’t over do it.

Stop

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone. Kinda / sorta new guy here. I occasionally read through some of the topics that are of interest to me and occasionally ask a question, usually tech related. I bracket raced a bunch locally, from 1988-1996, mostly at Coastal Plains Dragway in Jacksonville, some at Kinston Dragstrip and a few times at Rockingham. I've been hoping to get back into racing for a few years, but life keeps getting in the way. Long story on the life stuff, but there is some light at the end of the tunnel now. A couple of my old hotrods aren't far from being race ready. I have a 70 Barracuda that I raced way back when and a couple 68 Camaro's that came to me from my brother Mike, (RIP). I figured I'd at least introduce myself before I just start chiming in with anything here. Hope y'all are doing well and staying healthy. From reading through a bit, it seems a few are getting a bit hard on themselves, ie: Fern and his recent foot injury. Hope that's healing up well. If I lived close enough to ya, I'd surely be ready to help ya, even if it's something as little as holding a wrench on one end so you can tighten the nut without the bolt spinning. I'm sure I could benefit from simply listening to whatever racing experience & advice you have. Y'all have a great weekend...

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 104 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Not that far away. My good friend Perry Green lives out that way. I have raced at all those tracks you mentioned. Come on back.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
BTR, that was a good post thanks for posting here. Hope one of the car’s makes it to the track soon.

Fern and Chuck look’s like your getting that cold front we had. Stay warm guy’s.

Hoping BKing is doing good in Vegas.

You all have a good Sunday…

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Cold came and went Nick. 59 here as I type this. Going down to VA today for a re examination of my toe. Don’t hurt but it looks awful. Could be worse. Everyone have a good day.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by B KING:

enhanced focus drink before the 3rd round. Suprise... Surprise...I went .000, oops!

2BKING

Ok give it up ! Which drink!!!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
BTR, that was a good post thanks for posting here. Hope one of the car’s makes it to the track soon.

Fern and Chuck look’s like your getting that cold front we had. Stay warm guy’s.

You all have a good Sunday…

Going good so far, tomorrow to go.

I was hitting the tree good today & car was better than I. I had was hitting the tree pretty good. I took my tree enhanced focus drink before the 3rd round. Suprise... Surprise...I went .000, oops!

2BKING

Now, the rest of the story. I usually set-up for a .012 - .015 leaving off the bottom bulb during our points races. What happens is my lights slow as the rounds increase. So, I've been experimenting with some enhanced focus drinks. This time I drank a half bottle of standard strength 5-hour energy.

The result was a .000 way closer than I like to be, probably had nothing to do with the drink. My opponent had a not too shabby light also & I need to work on my enhanced finish line driving drink!!

Sun. I was a 1st round runner up. Frown

While my driving was subpar this weekend. The car/new combo is doing great & getting better every race. That's where the majority of my focus has been.

2BKING You all have a great week!

USA

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2520 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Looks like 78 today and 85 tomorrow. 45 Sat! Stay tuned