DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Faster than 6.00 and you are out!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Faster than 6.00 and you are out!
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
No sir, but coming for the fling!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike MacBrair:
Or the 75 pound helmet that was kept in the back of the pickup and set in the seat at the scales......Or the motor cover that had sheet lead in the sides!. That took two guys as well, but it could all be done in return road area before the scales.
I have been saying they have the scales in the wrong spot for years. They should have them at the head of the staging lanes, weight before you run.

Saw lead filled water bottles just a couple years ago, crew guy hands driver a nice refreshing water bottle after the pass..... yeah, 20 pound water bottle lol

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My own story-

In 1968 at Lions Drag Strip, I was home on leave from the USAF. Had a '55 Chevy with my Uncle,running C/Gas. Needed weight to make break, so put a tool box with tools in the trunk with tools in the box. Trunk was a lift off with 4 lock pins holding. And of course, not tied down. Won the race and was waiting forever for Uncle to pick me up at the other end. Showed up 10 minutes later. Why? When I launched, the tool box was jettisoned out the back because no one secured the pins. Took them that amount of time to pick up all the tools left on the starting line!Still got the trophy!

That was after earlier same day I got stopped going to the track driving my girl friend's (at the time)'65 Mustang. 78 in a 65 on the I405.About had CHP talked out of the ticket when he asked, "Where we're you headed in such a hury?" Before I could say anything, she blurted out "We're going to Lions Drag Strip. He's driving today and we are late." Needless to say, the CHP wrote me the ticket and laughing the whole time. Who could blame him!

Posts: 94 | Location: The Flatlands of Western Oklahoma! | Registered: August 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
First one to get the boot for hauling azz...

Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET-- Speed-----Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET-- Speed
75 Mike MacBrair 7522 Brian Fitzpatrick
E1 ****WINNER**** 0.042 6.558 188.91 0.282 5.841 241.11
T/D Dial: 6.70 (+/-): -0.142 T/D Dial: 6.10 (+/-): -0.259
Qualified: #23 6.703 211.63 #8 6.221 169.23
Fitzpatrick is way late and breaks out by a bunch more than MasBrair.
Fitzpatrick times will get him a DQ from the event and no points!

Take a look at the ET and Speed for the "Little Toyota"!

Boom ! I guess he wanted the stripe pretty bad ! Both were hauling the mail!

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wow that did'nt take long to blister the index did it, and 241mph also Not worthy

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Holding .25?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
5.84/241, at least he did it with authority

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
A 6-cylinder Toyota....
.990 60'
3.80/192 in the 1/8

my-my

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
Two TD's had their qualifying times DQ'ed for running quicker than 6.10.

Posts: 415 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looks like Brain Fitzpatrick ended up with 25 National points. I thought he would get ZERO!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
Looks like Brain Fitzpatrick ended up with 25 National points. I thought he would get ZERO!

I'll go back and read but I think you are correct Larry.

- Runs quicker than 6.000 (3.660 eighth-mile) in qualifying or eliminations will be an automatic disqualification from the event and the driver will receive 0 points from the event, which will be charged as 1 of the driver’s 8 eligible divisional or 5 eligible national scored events for the current season.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4503 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ok Barry, what's with that. Not that 25 points will do you any good. When they say ZERO it should be ZERO.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
Ok Barry, what's with that. Not that 25 points will do you any good. When they say ZERO it should be ZERO.

You in Phoenix?
He!! I don’t know Larry...If they let me make the rules it would be the same Coast to Coast IE; field size , points structure, rule enforcement etc... ok get ready... here comes MacB!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4503 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Not in phoenix....when they clean the place up I will re-consider going again. Have no desire to park in gravel.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I get it . Guess you saw Dave’s stuff stolen. Makes me sick!

Raceless in California!