DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Faster than 6.00 and you are out!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Faster than 6.00 and you are out!
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
Let's say that it is in eliminations and Car A redlights.

Car B runs 5.999.

What is the worst infraction? Who is out?

Both will be out...…..

I thought it was first or worst?

Posts: 1176 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:
Let's say that it is in eliminations and Car A redlights.

Car B runs 5.999.

What is the worst infraction? Who is out?

Both will be out...…..

I thought it was first or worst?

this isnt really a "first or worst" situation as described above. The redlight would result in that racer losing the round while running under 6.0 is disqualification of the event, it would really be two separate issues. Both drivers would be out and then the next round someone would be getting a buy run

Posts: 851 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well unless NHRA is running true start then it would be kinda dumb for someone running that close to disqualification to actually run it out the whole way if you ask me. You already have the round won why risk losing it like that.

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
At least the driver who red lights gets a grade point, the other driver gets charged with being there and zero points.

The rule doesn't specify, but I'd assume that 5.999 guy still gets his grade point at a Divisional, but no championship points.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3216 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
So is the index for TD is now 6.10 or 6.00 ? Kinda odd...why not make it the same as all the other Super classes (x.90)
Or is TD considered a bracket class?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4528 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
It’s a bracket class

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This is not all that unlike the jr dragster class. There are limits on how low you can dial, but it is not index racing. There are consequences for going faster than the lower limit...which is considerably lower than the lowest dial. I agree that the TD deal is probably an insurance mandated thing.
I do wonder why the focus is on time, and not speed. Where are the risks? Acceleration, or speed?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6442 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:Where are the risks? Acceleration, or speed?

The sudden stop....

Posts: 36 | Location: Bradenton | Registered: August 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
The NHRA web site simply states that the driver gets zero points for the event BUT one attendance is deducted from the total he/she is allowed for the season (both Divisional and National).

I take that to mean that it's the same as being charged for being there but not getting any (Championship or Grade) points. I could be wrong but the language leads me to thing that's what they intend. They seem fairly serious about this sub 6.000 second issue, and we are talking about the NHRA, their playground their rules.

Probably need to contact your Division Director for clarification.

Bob

The attendance deduction means that it still counts as an attended event, but you get zero championship points.

When Jeff Lopez was a DQ in Stock last year for removable ballast, not only did it count as an attended event but they also made him count it as a "claimed" event for points. That isn't how this rule reads, and to my knowledge there is no rule that states it that way.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3216 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What TD racer could not see this coming after last years runs into the 5's. Plain and simple the chassis are not certified for under 6.0 and they can't allow it to continue. Surprisingly to me it seems like NHRA must have gotten some suggestions on how to change it.

Posts: 114 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:

When Jeff Lopez was a DQ in Stock last year for removable ballast, not only did it count as an attended event but they also made him count it as a "claimed" event for points. That isn't how this rule reads, and to my knowledge there is no rule that states it that way.

I do not know about the deal with Jeff but they were calling a loose water bottle or anything not bolted down in the car as "Ballast" at one of the races and kicking people out for it. And they were checking on return road.

As for the 6.00 -6.10 Index it is not an index it is still a fast bracket race with minimum dial of 6.0 or 6.10. An Index would be the same dial for everyone like 8.90, 9.90 or 10.90. Like them or not those are the rules and the reason the minimum was raised was because people broke the limit. Now insurance and other things may be why they made that rule but it is the rule and has been there for a long time.

Bottom line is NHRA is getting really strict about enforcing some rules. I think sometime NHRA is their own worst enemy and it is like the try to run off racers, sponsors and fans.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4225 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
About the "Not bolted down ballast" rule.

Years ago we were at a Southern California track (not to be named) running in Comp Eliminator. One of the competitors running a funny car in the class weighed his car with the body lifted and being supported with the usual looking metal body support. The issue was that it took two very large human beings to lift it into place. One of my sons made the decision to complain to the tech guys at the weight station that the car should have been weighed with the body in the same position as it was during the run, less the body frame. Bad decision. They told my son to shut-up or get thrown out. He probably would not have said anything except that it appeared that the frame weighed at least a 100 pounds, and comp is a pounds per cubic inch class.

Sometimes status (who you know) does have it's privileges.

Bob

Posts: 3168 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Years ago we were at a Southern California track (not to be named) running in Comp Eliminator. One of the competitors running a funny car in the class weighed his car with the body lifted and being supported with the usual looking metal body support. The issue was that it took two very large human beings to lift it into place. One of my sons made the decision to complain to the tech guys at the weight station that the car should have been weighed with the body in the same position as it was during the run, less the body frame. Bad decision. They told my son to shut-up or get thrown out. He probably would not have said anything except that it appeared that the frame weighed at least a 100 pounds, and comp is a pounds per cubic inch class.

Bob
ahhh the old lead filled body holder upper stick trick, what a Payne in the ass that had to be to put in...

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1087 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I saw what just happened! Big Grin

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6442 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of victo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I saw what just happened! Big Grin
lmao

2012 West Coast Pro Gas E/Gas Champion

Posts: 523 | Location: Novato | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Jerry Kathe
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bob

They were rolling across the scales with body props?

Hell in Div III you had to disconnect the tow strap!

Jerry Kathe

Posts: 138 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Or the 75 pound helmet that was kept in the back of the pickup and set in the seat at the scales......Or the motor cover that had sheet lead in the sides!. That took two guys as well, but it could all be done in return road area before the scales.
I have been saying they have the scales in the wrong spot for years. They should have them at the head of the staging lanes, weight before you run.

It's not what you've got, it's what you give, it's not the life you choose, it's the life you live.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Napa, California | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Laughing Hard
Seen some shady things when running Comp. Saw a car go over scales ....light.. back over, light, back over in reverse, light.... Must have been five times.. I yell out; light is light period! 1 or 50 u r light... got some serious looks...
Mike, I remember the helmet deal.. that was funny!

California Screaming!
Raceless in California!

Posts: 4620 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
So do they throw the weight requirements out now that you can only go so fast?

Seems odd to have weight min/max with a dial in involved anyhow?

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
So do they throw the weight requirements out now that you can only go so fast?

Seems odd to have weight min/max with a dial in involved anyhow?

Prob add 50 to u jus to be sure Big Grin
You and the RAD boyz be in Pomona?

California Screaming!
Raceless in California!

Posts: 4620 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post