DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Faster than 6.00 and you are out!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Faster than 6.00 and you are out!
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Top Sportsman/Top Dragster Index Enforcement Policy
Beginning in 2019, the minimum class index for Top Sportsman and Top Dragster will move from 6.00 to 6.10. The maximum dial in will not change. The revision will bring the class ET breaks in better alignment with chassis requirements and the current rules package for vehicles running in the Top Sportsman/Top Dragster category.

- Qualifying runs quicker than 6.100 (3.700 eighth-mile) will be placed on the bottom of the qualifying list in reverse order following the slowest posted qualifying time.

- Runs between 6.000 and 6.100 during eliminations will be treated as a “break-out” run. Double-breakout rules and “first or worst” rules apply.

- Runs quicker than 6.000 (3.660 eighth-mile) in qualifying or eliminations will be an automatic disqualification from the event and the driver will receive 0 points from the event, which will be charged as 1 of the driver’s 8 eligible divisional or 5 eligible national scored events for the current season.

TS: 6.10 to 7.99 (1/4 Mile), 3.70 to 5.29(1/8th Mile)
TD: 6.10 to 7.70 (1/4 Mile), 3.70 to 4.99 (1/8th Mile)

Posts: 2105 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
A guy comes home from a drag race. His co-workers ask him "how did you do"?

He says,I ran 5.999 and they disqualified me from the event.lol

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:

He should say "I was disqualified because I couldn't stay within the rules of the class".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
quote:

He should say "I was disqualified because I couldn't stay within the rules of the class".
Shake head

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
This will be a tough year for some of the T/D races . We will see how much this tightens up the field too.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
If you run quicker that 6.000, you have to have the car and driver meet different and far more stringent rules and regulations. This has always been the case.

NHRA is simply creating a reasonable gap to ensure that the racers are legal to the rules!

If a 6.00 racers can't easily slow his car down a tenth, I'd be surprised!

A breakout is a breakout, regardless of whether its 6.0 or 6.1 seconds!

Posts: 414 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Hell I have gone 6.05 and I am going to turn the boost up this year and still run 6.10 lol

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If you are so dead set on running in the 5's, build your car to comply with TAD rules, enter TAD, and run in the 5's. Otherwise, run T/D and follow the rules. FYI, T/D is a bracket race for quick cars, not a wanna-be TAD class!
( And I thought Stock and Super Stock racers had a hard time accepting the fact that they were bracket racing!!!! )

It's not what you've got, it's what you give, it's not the life you choose, it's the life you live.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Napa, California | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike MacBrair:
If you are so dead set on running in the 5's, build your car to comply with TAD rules, enter TAD, and run in the 5's. Otherwise, run T/D and follow the rules. FYI, T/D is a bracket race for quick cars, not a wanna-be TAD class!
( And I thought Stock and Super Stock racers had a hard time accepting the fact that they were bracket racing!!!! )

PREACH ON BROTHA'!!!!!

Posts: 63 | Location: youngstown, oh | Registered: February 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Just think of it like Junior Dragster. Except it's 6.00 in the 1/4 instead of 7.90 in the 1/8. I suppose you could do like the Junior Dragsters have done and create a "Outlaw 330" group for Top Dragster and Top Sportsman. Yes, I'm just messing. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Even though i am not a fan of NHRA... I am sure this involves insurance policies and their costs plus lawsuit potential more than anything

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
Just think of it like Junior Dragster. Except it's 6.00 in the 1/4 instead of 7.90 in the 1/8. I suppose you could do like the Junior Dragsters have done and create a "Outlaw 330" group for Top Dragster and Top Sportsman. Yes, I'm just messing. Take care. Tom Worthington

Everybody has some rule to follow. Not the worst idea though. Go with 1/8th mile and let er rip. Why do they have a limit on the 1/8th mile?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You can always go play in someone else’s sandbox. Smile

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Let's say that it is in eliminations and Car A redlights.

Car B runs 5.999.

What is the worst infraction? Who is out?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I'm not running NHRA T/D, but I think at least now there is a clear rule unlike in the past.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let's say that it is in eliminations and Car A redlights.

Car B runs 5.999.

What is the worst infraction? Who is out?

Both will be out...…..

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I find it interesting that it's 3.70 in the 1/8th. 3.70 is way quicker than a 6.10, unless someone is setup very soft early.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Rumor reasoning was people were going for #1 and going under 6.00, and cars aren't certified for that so it was for safety. now if they are going for #1 @6.10 car is still certified for it. Could be a crock of crap but you never know.

Posts: 64 | Location: Ocoee | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
I find it interesting that it's 3.70 in the 1/8th. 3.70 is way quicker than a 6.10, unless someone is setup very soft early.

What is the danger that we are trying to avoid with the 1/8th mile limits?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post