New
Find
Notify
Tools

S/C Pomona
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Anyone else see the 193+ mph runs in 8.900 must be on the stop till half track. Eek

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think it is pretty cool for all of those that want to change the index.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
Be a helluva fun ride!

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 157 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Power added?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6366 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
It was Steve Williams in the 3rd rd. 194 and change. I don't believe he uses a power adder.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
Power adder not legal in S/C

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 252 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
John Spar was running almost 200mph in early 90s
With a blower car in S/C

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 252 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Rick Bailey
posted Hide Post
Danny Nelson in Div 3 200 plus

Posts: 223 | Location: Illinois | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
It was Steve Williams in the 3rd rd. 194 and change. I don't believe he uses a power adder.

Ha also ran 185 in S/G. Cars make some steam!

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Yeager:
quote:

Easy now! The 179+ that he actually ran is impressive enough.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Yeager:
quote:

Easy now! The 179+ that he actually ran is impressive enough.

I stand corrected... I thought I heard 185 on the live feed. It appears I cant hear...haha

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
All that time/money to make power that sits at an idle until half track.......bet the dlck measuring went long into the night after qualifying was over...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4447 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Ernie Kendall ran 200+ many times in S/C going back a good 10 years or more.

I ran him and never turned around going 173-174
Heard him coming! Blower and zoomies

Spar went 200 IIRC too going way back.

Troy Coughlin first I can recall running big speeds in S/G at Indy early or mid 90’s.

And he won.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
IMHO those speeds are going to lead to -15 suits and new chassis certifications. I'll just save this here for future reference. Roll Eyes JB

Posts: 1146 | Location: Busy putting up crop circles | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
These speeds just further spotlight the ridiculousness of the Super Comp 8.90 index. It is hideous enough to watch a "normal" throttle stop pass, and this just adds to the spectator's bewilderment.

Posts: 40 | Location: East TN | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We need something between TD and SC.

How about a qualified 32 car 7.50 index?

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
^ Mike, I absolutely agree! This should have been done long ago.

Posts: 40 | Location: East TN | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nobody forced you to build a big motor but now that you have they need to change the rules?

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nobody forced you to build a big motor but now that you have they need to change the rules?

I.P.
You could not be responding to me, I have been running a 160 MPH S/C car for many years.

While we are in the process of going a little faster, maybe middle of the pack at best.

I have suggested this before a number of times.

I may have used the wrong word when I said WE need a new class for the faster cars, I really meant it is just needed in general, not at all for me.

The Super Series were meant for people without big budgets, it obviously has gotten a bit out of control.

I will continue to run S/C while my ideas as well as others will fall on deaf ears in Glendora.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
How many classes do we need? I have said it before: There are 200 channels of sh1t on the tv to choose from today. But if we do that in bracket racing, we just dilute every class to the point where there is no money and no competition. There is too much bracket racing at the national events anyhow. Nobody watches that and we all know it. They might watch ts and td....and might not. Past that the only people watching are those who have a specific interest. Why bracket racers put up with having to be at a race 4 days to get one race in as a filler, I don't know. That's up to them.
SC as it is fills. People enjoy racing it. Some people spend more money than others. So be it.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6366 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post