Find
Notify
Tools

S/C Pomona
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
So if no one is watching and don't understand these classes why do they need to be changed?

So that the class looks like a race and not a broken car competition.

Posts: 44 | Location: East L.A. , CA | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Build a smaller motor or get rid of those stupid throttle stops!

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gasman:
quote:
So if no one is watching and don't understand these classes why do they need to be changed?

So that the class looks like a race and not a broken car competition.

It's been that way for over 30 years. If you don't like throttle stops don't use one or watch the classes that you like.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Back in the day we were running a Brogie with a 468 BB with a bolt throttle stop. It ran 8.90 at 150's all day anywhere.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Floyd, your point?

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Build a smaller motor or get rid of those stupid throttle stops!

No one is forced to use a throttle stop. If you don't like the class don't watch it.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Floyd, your point?

No point, just reminiscing.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
It was Steve Williams in the 3rd rd. 194 and change. I don't believe he uses a power adder.

Currently the Fastest S/C car in the country

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Leave the E.T. breaks the same, remove the "Stops
let the Driver's talented right foot and brain drive the car to cross the stripe FIRST without breaking out.. No skin off your nose if he/she thinks they can do it better at 200mph as long as a timer isn't doing their job once they let go of the button..

Posts: 228 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Let me guess, you don’t currently compete in S/C. Wink

I think all the throttle stop indexes should be lowered a second just because it’s 2020 but it won’t happen.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post