New
Find
Notify
Tools

No Prep Kings
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
What do you guys think of the show? I will be the first to admit I was very critical of the Outlaws show. But I don't object to the No Prep Kings and find it entertaining. What do you guys think?

Oh, and what is "no prep"? These surfaces seem way better than just a clean and drag to me. The cars are beasts. And there are much fewer crashes than I anticipated.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
How do they get away with calling them No Prep Kings in these "woke" days?

If there are fewer crashes, what is the attraction? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Maybe they are just super tuners?LOL

Last night was BS. One getting pissed and wanting to fight,while wearing his helmet. Because the other guy guessed the light and got it right. ITS CALLED GETTING DRILLED AT THE TREE. Nothing but added drama for camera.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I agree with Bucky

Posts: 722 | Location: Somers, ny | Registered: October 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
What do you guys think of the show? I will be the first to admit I was very critical of the Outlaws show. But I don't object to the No Prep Kings and find it entertaining. What do you guys think?

Oh, and what is "no prep"? These surfaces seem way better than just a clean and drag to me. The cars are beasts. And there are much fewer crashes than I anticipated.

I know that track first hand both lanes. I know when to go and not to go especially when heavy rains occur. Last nights event was like a soap opera. Really.. throwing swings with full gear on lol. Because he treed him. Get real.You ask the guys i hang with. No way in he** would an attempt be made for flight with nothing prepped.Moisture sets in quick at that track.

I remember the time where the water table was high after a good rain. Water seeping at the 800.. They actually added more drain tiles. They shortened us to the 1/8. Track was bleeding water. Seepage coming to the top.Beautiful facility. Know most of management there.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I just wonder how much these guys get paid to show up, there is no way in hell there chasing all over the country for a winner take all 40K race. Obviously none have regular jobs anymore, just hope there saving some of this money for when the well runs dry and it will at some point
Hell Chuck has a frigging semi truck and trailer, that's a long ways from a open trailer and racing on the streets of OKC.

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Funny you mentioned the money deal. C A S H lol.
From an open trailer to a Semi. The pay has to be astronomical from the series/network. Let see, how much can i hide from the boys in Washington lol.
Well lets see, i run over the rods with this one, pull out the spare at 100K.. I can see where Musi on the 2 minute deal was right. The starter owns you. Ya know what really gets me? Where are the D***m gloves at. I guess they have never been in a fire. First thing your going to grab if possible is the door.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
I was going to go to the one at Maryland until I found out how much ticket prices were. Complete rip off and a joke. Heard at one point the crowd was yell bullshyt because of all of the down time. It is entertaining to watch on TV though

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well Bucky.. they got them off the so called (streets) and that’s good! No prep there might be better than anything they have seen... I’m hearing their no prep on the streets is total bs..sticky as hell and better than some raceways, we just don’t get to see it. Turning into a Bleach Box Soap Opera. Being able to call someone out on ur Team? Here we go with the Team lay down thread... They have some really nice fast race cars I’ll give them that! And boy do they lay down some cash..
JMHO...

Matrix comment on entry/spectator price makes me think they might head back to the (streets ) for more followers.. Were the stands full? I didn’t notice..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Maybe they are just super tuners?LOL

Last night was BS. One getting pissed and wanting to fight,while wearing his helmet. Because the other guy guessed the light and got it right. ITS CALLED GETTING DRILLED AT THE TREE. Nothing but added drama for camera.

It’s goofy for those of us who race. But remember that some of these guys have spent very little time at race tracks

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s goofy for those of us who race.

Its not a race its entertainment. Its a whole lot better on tv than in person. Lots of down time a they are very proud of their tickets.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
STKBP, the stand are full when they go to a track for the first time. 2nd time around the crowd drops.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Until I got involved with the Street Outlaw deal was not real sure what to think about it. Last two years my son and I have been Crew Chiefing two different Big Tire Street Outlaw cars on the West Coast. Been having more fun than I have had in years. Yes, the TV producers want some drams for TV . But in general the racing is tough and no faking it. Big money changing hands ever time the car goes down the track. I have learned more about how to get a high horse power car down a trCk than I learned in the previous 50 plus years of racing. Fun racing when your envolved.

Fellow racer and servant of the Lord of Lords
John 14:6
"Creekside Racing Ministry"
MFI system, ProCharger Non-intercooled [6.02 @ 229 or 3.91/660' soft tune and killing power above 6K rpm]
Ron Clevenger

Posts: 1006 | Location: Visalia, Calif. 93292 | Registered: November 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
How fast are they and how much prep is there? I’m guessing some are pretty high hp

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
And anything you want to share about getting cars down the track?

Considering the cost of track spray, do you think a low prep fast dragster race would work?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Considering the cost of track spray, do you think a low prep fast dragster race would work?
....Actually my son Curtis and I are putting together a class like that for the 2020 season on the West Coast. We will book the class with the Boddie Street Outlaw program. It will be a Run What ya Brung 1/8 mile heads up 4/10 tree. For starters it will be open to any type vehicle, any power adders and any fuel including nitro. Program will run like the Street Outlaw deal. Draw out of a hat for opponent and Lane. Seems to be plenty of interest.

MFI system, ProCharger Non-intercooled [6.02 @ 229 or 3.91/660' soft tune and killing power above 6K rpm]
Ron Clevenger

Posts: 1006 | Location: Visalia, Calif. 93292 | Registered: November 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
How fast are they and how much prep is there? I’m guessing some are pretty high hp
. Can't talk particulars. But typically cars are from about 160-200 mph in the 1/8. Usually you have 6-8 timing changes within the 1 sec Mark. One of the cars been tuning on ( and I built the motor) is a 600 inch BBC 14-71 HH BLOWER. It's making some pretty good steam. But it no match for cars like Kye Kelly....almost 1000 inches with 6 nitrous kits. He came out West and raced our group. Never turned on more than 3 kits and won event. We are still catching up out Wesy, but getting there.

Ron Clevenger

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have watched both Daddy Dave and Murder Nova run at a local track here in DFW, prepped with the scoreboard turned on and both ran mid 4.0x. Not a big fan of either but I was really impressed with the cars and how they interacted with the fans. I would bet guys like Ryan Martin and Kye Kelly run in the 3.8 to 3.9 range

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron C.:
quote:

....Actually my son Curtis and I are putting together a class like that for the 2020 season on the West Coast. We will book the class with the Boddie Street Outlaw program. It will be a Run What ya Brung 1/8 mile heads up 4/10 tree. For starters it will be open to any type vehicle, any power adders and any fuel including nitro. Program will run like the Street Outlaw deal. Draw out of a hat for opponent and Lane. Seems to be plenty of interest.

First round call outs? Big Grin
Limited prep? I would have to think light dragsters would have quite an advantage?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ron C.:
quote:

First round call outs? Big Grin
Limited prep? I would have to think light dragsters would have quite an advantage?
.....Well,...bring your roll of bills and place your bets. May not be as easy as it looks.

Ron Clevenger