DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Meeting other DRR members
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meeting other DRR members
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Tonight I get to meet Mr. Paul Schultz aka AdvET266. He actually made the trek out to New Mexico to see Carlsbad Caverns and the wife and I are going to have dinner and adult beverages with Mr. and Mrs. Schultz.

It has been great over the years to meet several that post on here. Great bunch of people. And yes, I've even met the currently banned Mr. ED. LOL

Hope to get together with more of you on here before I croak.

Have a nice Friday everyone and good racing this weekend. I'll report back tomorrow on how things went.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I've hung out with Ferndale Flyer at a few races. He's a great guy.

From that "other" racing site (YB), I've met dozens. They are all characters for sure.

Posts: 64 | Location: south carolina | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Possibly meet Moe and Paul at RT66 between today and Sunday. Doing the Jegs Allstar deal.Good luck to them. They drove 34-35 hours to get there he said. that there is a "HAUL"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Cashflow, you will like Paul. I met him at Orlando a few years ago, and he was great. He's a class guy.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Cash, I have met Paul in Florida some years back, nice guy! I have met many many others on here thru the years. They normally enter my pit saying something like: are you Ed 1320racer? Laughing very hard

Ole Ed is clearly on a time out...never the less, Most all racers are good people! We all tend to think so anyhow.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Cashflow , that's for dinner?

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
I have meet three of the posters in this thread and they are all good people,now me on the other hand,I am kinda questionable,lol.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
I have meet three of the posters in this thread and they are all good people,now me on the other hand,I am kinda questionable,lol.

So I thought I would be the "questionable" one...Hahaha

Dancing Cat

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I have met a lot of good people from here and it is pretty cool.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4018 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of bcMOD3X3X
posted Hide Post
I have know a few on here but it's mostly because they either live near me or use to race at the same track as them.

I will hopefully get a chance to meet some of you outside of my Michigan/Ohio bubble.

Posts: 127 | Location: Oxford,MI | Registered: July 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have met Moe and he is truly “questionable” LOL

We’re leaving right now, I’ll report back in awhile.

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
I have met Moe and he is truly “questionable” LOL

We’re leaving right now, I’ll report back in awhile.
But we both liked ice cream so it was all good.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Have met quite a few of ya. You probably didn't even realize it. Good bunch of guys and gals on this site for sure. Most of ya anyway Smile

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern has met a lot because Fern is old and gets around a lot----hope we don't send everyone to face place

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
No question about it. Cashflow was the best host. Hope I can reciprocate someday in my hood. Come on down anytime. Thank you Vern, and your beautiful bride.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I’ll keep it short and sweet. Had a really nice dinner with Paul and his lovely wife Jo. Great visit! Look forward to meeting more of you guys!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
let me guess,Vern took you to Whataburger for supper then a sixpack in his shop for drinks lol just kidding he doesn't drink beer!

Doing my part to raise the average IQ on this board

Posts: 51 | Location: badlands of New Mexico | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Sorry I wasn't able to make it down there Paul, it's been a crazy week and I could have used a little R&R! Wishing you the best on your remaining travels - I'm jealous! Eek JB

Posts: 1146 | Location: Busy putting up crop circles | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I was at Joliet Friday. No way to tell who the members are. I saw the Pirate. Great looking and performing car. But everyone is kinda busy with racing.

Off topic, but I marvel walking through the pits of a national event, at the quantity and quality of equipment there. Not just the beautiful and well built race cars. But also the trailers and toters. Many are rolling into the track with equipment that cost more to buy than my house! Many with no sponsors showing. And they can afford the time off to hit these national events and travel to them. Some people really figured it out in life!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bucky,

It is amazing to see all the equipment. We get to go to a few of them every year. Maybe someday they'll all be asleep and I can sneak by for a win. LOL

Looking forward to the Denver Divisional and then the Mile High Nationals. Well, at least looking forward to the divisional. The parking at the national sucks a rock! I keep swearing I'm not going to go back but I always do. Big Grin

Pivotdoc, Dirtdobber and myself will all be there so any of you guys want to stop by that would be great. At the divisional we usually pit right at the end of the track and the national we're somewhere out by Golden. Dirtdobber would probably buy you a beer but if I'm buying it will be bourbon.