New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doug Kallita
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
I don't know if I spelled that right but did anyone besides me notice that Doug was at Pamona while his planes, or Connies, were evacuating people out of China? Pretty good of them to do that I think.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Why not you paid for it...

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
Let em all fucn rot over there. Nothing to evacuate but chinks and traitors getting what they deserve.

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sorry I mentioned it.....

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry I mentioned it.....

Tough crowd.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
The first Kalitta plane brought US consulate people to Riverside. Nobody else would go there but Kalitta did.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Kalitta planes have brought back wounded soldiers and took supplies to Americans in need around the World. Yes, they probably got paid for it but they did the job when others would not.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
Kalitta planes have brought back wounded soldiers and took supplies to Americans in need around the World. Yes, they probably got paid for it but they did the job when others would not.

Yeah, Kalitta might have got paid for it...Greedy dastards....no better than Fireman, Cops and Soldiers. Anyone that goes INTO the danger should do it for free I guess....idiots

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
X2, Dave

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Paid---I sure hope so. You don't see any of the major airlines going in there AT ALL. And they were getting Americans out of harms way. Our racing community is a lot bigger than many realize.....I was proud to see this

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Guess Connie is sorry SOB for letting his company get paid for 500 missions they flew during desert storm for the government.

Nobody said he was doing for the fun,just pointing out that they did the job and seems others would not do. Somebody got to pay for the fuel and replacing the 27 planes( 20 old numbers here) Kalitta air has.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
X2, Chris

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
What the He!!? Comments? Step away from the pipe or bottle!

Everyone one of you or us have/had a job and you make money at what you do correct? Would you do the job for nothing? Kalitta Air went in when others said no. I believe they still would have went in regardless.

Almost time to exit this site like I did FB years ago. No I will not be missed.. Tip PC

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
You got that right, Barry!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I am glad Kallita did and glad the got paid for it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just saw that Kalitta Air went in with two planes to bring the US folks home that had been stuck on the cruise ship in Japan for the last two weeks.

Next time you see Connie or Doug, shake their hand and tell them thanks for helping out our fellow Americans when no one else would.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I saw that also....what an effort.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Burkleo:
Just saw that Kalitta Air went in with two planes to bring the US folks home that had been stuck on the cruise ship in Japan for the last two weeks.

Next time you see Connie or Doug, shake their hand and tell them thanks for helping out our fellow Americans when no one else would.

What both Connie's freight/charter services and Doug's charter services do mostly go unnoticed. They've both been very instrumental in serving our military's needs. They will fly into areas that most will not...

Doug's planes are quite often at Dover Air Base helping to carry the fallen military members home...

What their services do for our country in one day is far more patriotic than most people on this site could ever dream of doing in their lifetime for this country...

Dan

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
As someone who has spent his whole career in the Aviation industry. I can say that this topic is so far off base its hilarious. Connie Kallita, has a history of shady business practices, flying unsafe planes, and numerous FAA Violations. He isint flying to places that others refuse to go, that notion is frankly hilarious, and a bold fabrication of the truth. In fact there are numerous carriers, both private, and commercial who do the same jobs he does. He simply underbid the others, because he avoids proper maintenance on his aircraft. And had cheaper cost, as he used scab labor for many years. His pilots just unionized in 2018.So It wouldnt suprize me if he lost some of his government contracts next time around as his cost to do business has gone up greatly. It is true, that they do fly alot of our fallen military home, and they get paid for it, just like any of us would. But I wouldnt call any of it patriotic. Do some research on his labor practices, and his labor issues over the years, and then come back and tell me how patriotic it is. I dont begrudge anyone making a living, or running there business how they choose. But lets use some common sense and facts, before we going annointing someone a hero, or patriotic.

Posts: 39 | Location: oregon | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fastman-99:
As someone who has spent his whole career in the Aviation industry. I can say that this topic is so far off base its hilarious. Connie Kallita, has a history of shady business practices, flying unsafe planes, and numerous FAA Violations. He isint flying to places that others refuse to go, that notion is frankly hilarious, and a bold fabrication of the truth. In fact there are numerous carriers, both private, and commercial who do the same jobs he does. He simply underbid the others, because he avoids proper maintenance on his aircraft. And had cheaper cost, as he used scab labor for many years. His pilots just unionized in 2018.So It wouldnt suprize me if he lost some of his government contracts next time around as his cost to do business has gone up greatly. It is true, that they do fly alot of our fallen military home, and they get paid for it, just like any of us would. But I wouldnt call any of it patriotic. Do some research on his labor practices, and his labor issues over the years, and then come back and tell me how patriotic it is. I dont begrudge anyone making a living, or running there business how they choose. But lets use some common sense and facts, before we going annointing someone a hero, or patriotic.

Name one airline that hasn't committed an FAA violation. You're obviously a union coolaid drinker that believes that only a union member has the knowledge or ability to work on an air-frame. I know two people that have worked for him and couldn't have been happier with their long careers with Kallita.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post