DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    What's the BEST Fridge to Buy?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the BEST Fridge to Buy?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Hate, hate , hate our bottom freezer! Kids lean on it while they are sifting through looking for stuff. Can't believe it hasn't broken off yet.

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
Don't just walk, RUN from a Samsung fridge.
A buddy who does appliance repair told me to with Whirlpool, Kitchen Aid or Maytag.
I have owned five Samsung appliances for five years with no issues.
$15,000 for a fridge? Why?

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
because it's the best, because people buying multi million dollar apartments/houses want the best and are spending the coin for the best.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SS427IMP:
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
Don't just walk, RUN from a Samsung fridge.
A buddy who does appliance repair told me to with Whirlpool, Kitchen Aid or Maytag.
I have owned five Samsung appliances for five years with no issues.
$15,000 for a fridge? Why?

Check out the prices on mattresses

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nomad:
Good thing this thread came up. Our 25 year old GE Profile took a crap this morning. Good thing we just took delivery of a small freezer for the utility room. I've watched the video a couple of times.

Lots of going back and forth about what to get. Top freezer, low freezer, frecnh doors, side by side. I don't care what she gets other than it being USA made. Simple is better and less to go wrong. To me it's just an icebox.

Hey what failed on your old one?
Share what brand and model you bought

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
quote:
Originally posted by nomad:
Good thing this thread came up. Our 25 year old GE Profile took a crap this morning. Good thing we just took delivery of a small freezer for the utility room. I've watched the video a couple of times.

Lots of going back and forth about what to get. Top freezer, low freezer, frecnh doors, side by side. I don't care what she gets other than it being USA made. Simple is better and less to go wrong. To me it's just an icebox.

Hey what failed on your old one?
Share what brand and model you bought

All of these GE refrigerators lasting 25+ years or more can you imagine how long the Sub Zero ones would last? My GE is 33 years old and still working with out any problems at all.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
The compressor package took a dump. It was a GE Profile side by side.

Whatever we get is going to be a while. Space available requires it to be 33" wide and no more than 68.75" high. And it has to be white. Anything is going to be a special order it looks like. The City employee in me is coming out. It has to be bought locally, no out of state chain stores and American made.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
So Bruce, if I read correct. Old GE dead and holding off on new. How does that work? No refrigerator in kitchen now?

Here are the two models listed in the YouTube:
Kitchen aide MODEL. KRFC300ESS07
Whirlpool model WRF 535SWHZ00

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/k...7313.p?skuId=5867313

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/w...9904.p?skuId=5789904

What’s odd is they are the same width and height, but 3” additional depth on the whirlpool nets 5 more cubic feet inside. No doubt the 70-1/8” height on the new designs is a problem for us with older units. I had noted that 5 years ago when redoing the kitchen and increased the height of the cabinets over the fridge by 3” to 71” and enough for newer units.
Also whirlpool is about $350 less with 5 more cubic feet.
The YouTube explains why he picked these, but essentially is was Made in USA, ice maker in freezer and simple proven controls.

I think later in the video he goes over the top $$$ units.

4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
So Bruce, if I read correct. Old GE dead and holding off on new. How does that work? No refrigerator in kitchen now?

Here are the two models listed in the YouTube:
Kitchen aide MODEL. KRFC300ESS07
Whirlpool model WRF 535SWHZ00

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/k...7313.p?skuId=5867313

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/w...9904.p?skuId=5789904

What’s odd is they are the same width and height, but 3” additional depth on the whirlpool nets 5 more cubic feet inside. No doubt the 70-1/8” height on the new designs is a problem for us with older units. I had noted that 5 years ago when redoing the kitchen and increased the height of the cabinets over the fridge by 3” to 71” and enough for newer units.
Also whirlpool is about $350 less with 5 more cubic feet.
The YouTube explains why he picked these, but essentially is was Made in USA, ice maker in freezer and simple proven controls.

I think later in the video he goes over the top $$$ units.

We've got a small freezer in the laundry room. I also have a 4-cu ft fridge in the race trailer. We're going over to get another tomorrow.
The big problem is white is a special order. Anything 33" wide is also a special order and we are absolutely locked into that width. The upper cabinet is 69" above the floor. But because most fridge heights are listed including the hinge we can get away with 69" as most of the cases are around 68". The upper cabinet isn't deep enough to interfere with the hinges. We'll find something American made that fits, I'm sure. The two criteria are: Made in America and a local retailer. No big box outfits. Having no fridge keeps the inwelcome dinner guests away.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
PS I heard after 5 days, you’re totally on your own with the manufacturer if you buy from Home Depot or Lowe’s, a you have a bad unit.
That’s crappy support if true.

4.629@149
7.310@185

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I think that's pretty common regardless of wherever you buy from. Maybe not everywhere, but most. That was part of the reason why I said to run from Samsung... we had 3 issues in the first year, they were all covered under warranty but the warranty department was a nightmare to deal with. When we finally could get through and they would send a tech, I guess they would contract the job to a local appliance repair. Everyone that showed up seemed unfamiliar with Samsung and never had any required parts to fix it.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post