DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    What's the BEST Fridge to Buy?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the BEST Fridge to Buy?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
When we bought our home. All the appliances were JennAir. The owner cut no corners on appliances.

I about Shyt what i found out what the counter top slide in range cost

A 30" fridge will set you back $5k

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Which is about $10k cheaper than a comparable Sub Zero

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We bought a GE Cafe fridge about 2 years ago. So far it’s fine, I don’t like how fast the water comes out of the door but otherwise it’s okay.

We had a high dollar Electrolux dishwasher, total piece of crap. We bought a GE dishwasher to replace it. Best dishwasher I’ve ever owned, night and day difference!

Good luck Paulie, if you swing the Sub-zero you probably should. Say hello to your lovely wife for me.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5307 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Don't just walk, RUN from a Samsung fridge.
A buddy who does appliance repair told me to stick with Whirlpool, Kitchen Aid or Maytag.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Our Ohio house is sub zero fridge and Wolfe appliances with a Bosch dishwasher. When we remodeled out kitchen in the Vegas house in 2018 we used all Frigidaire appliances, all USA made and so far knock on wood they have all been great. The architecture didnt allow for a sub zero fridge and the wife wanted all matching stuff. We also have separate ice makes from the fridge. The do not compare to the Sub Zero and Wolfe stuff but they are nice and functional.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Frigidaire is owned by Electrolux

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Just because it’s expensive doesn’t mean it’s worth a shyt

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Sub Zero is expensive and worth every dollar

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Just bought a new Electrolux washing machine 2 months ago. Man is this a quiet washer.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Did you see the recommendation the Maytag guy made at the end? I thought it was pretty cool. I’ve always been a fan of redundancy on important things.

Howdy Vern

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12170 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Im sure but my GE lasted twenty years on year 5 of my new one….just saying you can by a shyt load of $1500 fridges…that will last a min of 10 years an still come out way cheaper in long run

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
GE is own by Haier, a chinese company and I wouldn't expect your current refrigerator to last 20 years but I would except it will need parts and service how ever long it lasts

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Im sure but my GE lasted twenty years on year 5 of my new one….just saying you can by a shyt load of $1500 fridges…that will last a min of 10 years an still come out way cheaper in long run

I bought my GE in 1989 and it is still working good and looks nice. So that is what 33 years and still going? Not a single problem in all that time other than getting a small scratch on front when I moved which does not bother me. If I remember right I paid around $1500 which was rather expensive but not stupid expensive. If I bought a new one I would probably buy another GE and put old one in my shop for guests.
Do not know how much some of the others cost or how long they last but hard to beat my old one.
I will say this, my Mom has had 2 of those high dollar refrigerators and had lots of expensive problems from them. And their warranty is useless, they have fine print where they charge you for service calls and other junk so they really do not warranty anything just bait and switch. They were supposedly best you can buy.

So makes me wonder what makes them better than my GE that has lasted 33 years? (and still going) What makes them better than one WhompWhomp had for 20 years?

Serious question. What makes the Sub Zero better?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4008 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
One more satisfied GE owner....Installed GE fridge when house was built in 98,even though it is now being used in the garage,it's still going strong and looking good with no problems.Bought a whirlpool about 15yrs ago.Other than replacing ice dispenser handle,no problems.....

Posts: 262 | Location: Fayetteville | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
Don't just walk, RUN from a Samsung fridge.
A buddy who does appliance repair told me to stick with Whirlpool, Kitchen Aid or Maytag.

Our local appliance repair guy won't fix Samsung anything. Local FB pages have people wanting their washers fixed and no one will touch them

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We invested in SUB ZERO. Our cabinet was made for it, so it was an easy install.

SUB is more money, but worth it in the long run. This is the 3rd home we did the SUB. We opted for the 36 inch fridge only version. We have two freezers in the shop, so the fridge only set up is perfect for us.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
We replaced our 15+ y.o. GE with a new Kitchenaid.
Counter depth narrows the choices a little. It's better than the latest model GE similar model, we'll see if it lasts.

We replaced our GE HE front load laundry garbage with Speed Queen conventional equipment.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1649 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Every year we buy a full side of beef and store it in a huge Kenmore freezer, never have to buy meat for the entire year. We bought that Kenmore 21 years ago, still working.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Kenmore appliances were great back in the day, made by Whirlpool

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
Good thing this thread came up. Our 25 year old GE Profile took a crap this morning. Good thing we just took delivery of a small freezer for the utility room. I've watched the video a couple of times.

Lots of going back and forth about what to get. Top freezer, low freezer, frecnh doors, side by side. I don't care what she gets other than it being USA made. Simple is better and less to go wrong. To me it's just an icebox.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post