DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    What's the BEST Fridge to Buy?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the BEST Fridge to Buy?
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted
Everyone needs one or two, pretty good summary of the current situation.
https://youtu.be/rKJgYVhZ6-w

I have a 25 year old Amana side by side my wife wants to replace. This one is easy to maintain and repair. Ice make is cheap and a few screws and $30 new on eBay. Same deal on defrost timer. Just clean it in side and out and it runs. Plastic cabinet in freezer slipped on shat and added a paper shim ands been 5 years. I’ll keep resisting the wife nagging for now. I hate paying $$$ for crap that fails fast and is hard to fix.

Watch the entire video. Totally makes sense to me.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Run from a Samsung or LG

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Agree with run from Samsung, but I went LG in my new home that was built less than a year ago. Whirlpool is another brand you can consider

Posts: 794 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Buy American
**** compromise and companies that sell off shore crap.
Watch the video to learn which brand a model’s!

4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Are all Frigidaire made in USA?

In addition to fridges and freezers, Frigidaire offers ranges, dishwashers, and other household appliances today. All their products are still made in the USA, with manufacturing headquarters outside Memphis and another large facility in Springfield, Tennessee. Nov 4, 2022

Posts: 105 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No

Best Frig Sub Zero

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
No

Best Frig Sub Zero

He says as much Ed. Problem for most is size on an existing house. Watch the end to see.

4.629@149
7.310@185

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 69427:
Are all Frigidaire made in USA?

In addition to fridges and freezers, Frigidaire offers ranges, dishwashers, and other household appliances today. All their products are still made in the USA, with manufacturing headquarters outside Memphis and another large facility in Springfield, Tennessee. Nov 4, 2022

No but watch the video and learn

4.629@149
7.310@185

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I didn’t watch the video yet. That said I’m very familiar with appliances and the majority of the household brand names are owned and manufactured by one Chinese company.

Here in NYC, we buy Miele, Bosch and Sub Zero appliances.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I bought a whirlpool fridge in 1972, lasted til 1996. Bought another whirlpool, still going strong today. All appliances in the house now are whirlpool, never looked back. I cant vouch for quality these days as the newest appliance I have is 15 years old. I probably just jinxed myself and they'll all fail at the same time LOL

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I have a SS Amana double door with freezer on the bottom that I bought from Home Depot in 2009, it was highly discounted because it had a tiny dent. It has been flawless

Posts: 2430 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Alot of them are made by the same company they just put their own stickers on it, that said I have a 20+ year old Kenmore side by side working great.

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I watched the video and lol about the guy wearing a Maytag hat as that brand was never mentioned in the review.

Posts: 2462 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Whirlpool owns Jenn-Air, Maytag, Amana, Roper, and KitchenAid.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
We've had a Sub Zero refrigerator for about 16 years and never had a problem, it's been flawless from day one. They are a bit pricey but worth every penny.

A few months ago, after trying to buy a second white Bosch 800 series dishwasher we were told they were back-ordered and we would have to wait more than a year to get one. We finally gave up and bought a Zline washer at Lowes. I would strongly recommend one if you are in the market for a new dishwasher, this thing cleans better than our original Bosch. My next test is cleaning transmission and differential parts.

One comment about Lowes warranty program.

Lowes will only warranty appliances for a 48 hour period unless you buy their extended warranty. If you encounter a problem after that initial 48 hour period you are going to have to deal directly with the manufacturer. I'm told that Home Depot has the same policy.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
I bought a Haier for my motorhome back in 19. It was made in USA. Very nice quality

Posts: 2109 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I have a GE I bought back in 1989 and it is still working great. Got my moneys worth out of it 20 years ago so would not hesitate to buy another GE. Is it the BEST? Do not know but mine has been good.

I am not going to argue what is the BEST one to buy because I do not think any are made to last like that now. So I will ride that pony until it quits. I bet what ever my next one is will not last like the last one has.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If you want the professional Snap-On version of a fridge...Sub Zero is what you are looking for. That's what you will find in most high end restaurants and on a lot of yachts.

Most everything else is consumer grade. As has been said some brands are better than others.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have had great luck with my Bosch dishwasher so we bought a Bosch Fridge as well, the week of christmas but I like it so far...It was the highest rated counter depth model from what I read

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post