DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
Here is a good one.I bought an Optima Yellow Top battery from Jegs. (Contrary to what some opinions are,I use one in my trailer with no issues).My current battery is from early 2016,so I figured I'd buy a new one as the prices will probably be going up anyways.
Got the battery about 3 weeks ago.It only had 12.1 volts.Charged it at 2 amps for 24 hours and it didn't go higher than 12.2 volts.Serial number shows a battery made in the 3rd week of 2022.I called them and said that this battery is not taking a charge and I want a new battery.
They said they are on backorder, so I said no problem.
Today,I get a package from Fed Ex.Same problem as before.I took a picture of the serial number last time.Turns out,they just sent me the SAME battery back!
Been on the phone for 30 minutes on hold so far.Nobody answers the phone.
Man,did this company ever go down the crapper!
Summit from now on for me!

You should be angry with Optima, why buy an Optima anyway, garbage.

Last Optima I bought was like that, I think if I blasted it for hours I could get it to 12.70,,,, JUNK.

Buy a AGM battery you don't have any idea what you're missing.

I buy from JEGS, no problems.

I buy from SUMMIT, no problems.

If I bought a OPTIMA from either, I'm looking for problems.

Them things are junk nowadays.

I have one big Diehard AGM in my Nova, it weighs 85 lbs.

Get a refund and a AGM.

I thought the Optima Yellow was an AGM battery?

The battery was manufactured in January of 2022.That means it has been sitting at Jeg's for almost a year.

Why is that the fault of Optima?

The ODYSSEY Extreme Battery that I ordered from Summit over 10 yrs ago was 10 months old when it arrived. Measured over 12.6v. I used it over 8.5 years and passed it onto another for their trailer winch still working.

In 2021 I ordered the exact same Odyssey battery at an event in Ohio that Summit was at and they delivered it the very next day. This one was 2 months old. Measured over 12.6v and works exactly the same as the one it replaced.

Odyssey instructions states 2-years storage life at 77°F (25°C) without needing to charge. Recharge when the OCV is <12.6V [50% SOC).

Consider Odyssey for your next battery purchase.

Posts: 2434 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
Back in the 90`s was the last time i did any business with Jegs. The whole order was wrong then they had the balls to tell me to pay for the shipping to back to them. One of the items were slicks. I deal with Summit only and even with my business, if my local supplier cant get me what i want, Summit FTW. Never to this day have i ever had a problem with them.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Very seldom do I order from Jegs, reason #1 is that Summit is here in Nevada and I get items next day, and occasionally same day. Reason number 2, is I ordered a cam, they shipped it, carrier lost it, I called to order another one. Received the replacement. A while later, original cam showed up, called Summit to tell them I was sending it back, they said keep it for your trouble, and they credited my acct for the price of the second one. And it wasnt even their problem to begin with. Thats customer service.

Posts: 292 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Bob,

Years ago there was a drag team out of Ft. Hood Texas. There were articles on them in Hot Rod Magazine. They showed up at Amarillo and I was booing them and people were asking me why. What was hilarious was later on in one the articles they claimed the team was not funded by our taxes.

Bulls—t was my response to that!

Whole lot I could say to contradict this. I raced at Railhead on Ft Hood and I was also sponsored by Moral Support while on the power lifting team. It's not exactly what you might think.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3303 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
A yep done with Jegs again ordered a quick charge lug kit and got a nice spiral button cord once this is straight never again!

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 394 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
No problems

I buy from whoever has the best price period.

I'm not out to settle any scores of past experiences.

Drag racing manufactures and suppliers alike, have some of the best business practices of any in the world.

These are big boxes with lots of parts, no problems like usual.

I'm not emotionally attached to any supplier.

Best price wins.

Ed never passes on an opportunity to kick someone in the head, when their back is turned. Pay no mind to his emotional tirades.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Oh ya lots of fun spent 1 1/2 hours on hold with them jokers hung up called back went to order line even that guy could not get them to answer he did take my info and several hours later someone called me back but it will be after their wrong part is returned before my correct one will be shipped but they got my money already so they do not care-done with there B.S.

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 394 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well jegs b.s. continues finally got a return ticket from them sent back incorrect part they gave me a credit for the part I ordered but told me I had to reorder it if I wanted it-WTF-is up with that just more b.s. ordered same thing in Moroso from Summit end of rant but will never order fro0m jerks I mean jegs again not the "old dependable jegs"

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
With Summit supporting NHRA, IHRA and now WDRA sportsman drag racing why you anyone want to deal with the resent BS with Jegs?

Support the companies that support the racers

Posts: 2399 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
What BS?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4442 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ blind stupidity^^^^^^

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2697 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
^^^^^^ blind stupidity^^^^^^

I hope you're not calling me blindly stupid because I don't know what Jegs has done or been doing to be called out for bullshyt....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4442 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Dave, Vetmans post above is a good example. If you want you can read this whole thread and see more examples. Bottomline their customer service has gone in the crapper the past year or 2

Posts: 2399 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
maybe the new owners of Jegs figured that the old process the Jegs family had been using for years needed updated and stream lined to make for a better customer experience.

ep

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

on al the chinese junk I use and promote here, to assemble nothing special engines, sporting 30 y/o technology for the clueless and naive, street/strip crowd in my trailer park neighborhood.

Oh and JEGS customer service sucks compared to Summit as many here have stated.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Well it was announced today that Jegs will continue the sponsorship of Elite motorsports and Troy Coughlin Jr’s Pro Stock.

Wonder what changed their mind

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:

on al the chinese junk I use and promote here, to assemble nothing special engines, sporting 30 y/o technology for the clueless and naive, street/strip crowd in my trailer park neighborhood.

Oh and JEGS customer service sucks compared to Summit as many here have stated.

Thanks for the heads up, I had no Idea REID hired chinese to manufacture their powerglide cases LoL! Thanks for the tip clueless & naive wanna be crew chief Smile

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Always been good to me. Smile

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Best price in the land by $100, on REID two piece powerglide transmission cases.

JEGS

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Best price in the land by $100, on REID two piece powerglide transmission cases.

JEGS

From Summit Racing website:

Will you match competitor's prices?

Our Beat-a-Price Guarantee
You'll get more than a price match. We'll BEAT any domestic competitor's advertised price on an identical product!

To take advantage of our Beat-a-Price Guarantee, please Contact Us

Notes
Proof of the advertised price is required.
Advertised price includes all shipping, handling, or any other "to-the-door" costs.
Restrictions
This policy DOES NOT apply to:

Typographical errors.
Products in an online auction.
Closeouts.
Damaged or "Open Box" items.
Discontinued, clearance, or liquidation items.
Refurbished or used products from a second-hand seller.
Wholesale, membership, or club pricing.
Fraudulent websites.
A competitor's price that results from a price match.

We reserve the right to refuse to Beat-a-Price for any reason.

I would try a price match from Summit first.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post