DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    The Sale Of Maple Grove
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Sale Of Maple Grove
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So no one has any inside info on the reported sale to a land developer?

Posts: 109 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Yea, I now remember it being a Grand Am. He went deep in the rounds at one of the Bill Mitchell races at MIR with it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rob7181,

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of botmbulb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob7181:
SCDIV1,

What ever happened to Jimmy Dicciaco‘s Calais or Somerset? Remember being early in my racing career and loved that car!

Broke a front strut at the top end at Atco. Pretty bad wreck.

Posts: 490 | Location: Hammonton, N.J. | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Bud.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MightyBirdF145:
quote:
Side Bar Question:

Does anyone remember the drag strips at Flemington or Vineland, NJ?

I went there with Jack Kulp (Blown Old's Top Gas Dragster) back in the early 60's. Anyone remember, or race with Jack Kulp?

Bob

Great question Bob!

I live in Flemington and have heard of the drag strip, I know exactly where it was. There are a few pictures online but not much that's any good.

If any of you "senior" Razz guys have any please post them.

I started going to Etown in 1988 and racing in 1991, the kids say I'm old, LOL!

You can still make out where the track was on google earth. I would love to go out there and walk it but its the county gun range now and I'm not sure how that would work out. Eek

One of these days I'm going to pull in the driveway and see what's doing back there.

Shawn

Fallon's Uncle Leon was one of the guys who started the track.

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Dave Raser
posted Hide Post
Maple Grove had approx 370 entries yesterday ...... wow ...... where do you see that nowadays, for a regular bracket racing day (without any 'extra classes').

And 'to boot' ...... they somehow finished (finals) by their 8 o'clock curfew ...... with some earlier lengthy delays. Track might have some 'issues' ... but, I have to give them credit on that one.

Dave

Posts: 1903 | Location: penna. | Registered: January 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
A Huge event back then. Over 20 tracks

in the early 1990's, Division One had 21-23 tracks attend the Finals, each bringing up-to 40 vehicles

I tell my younger racing buddies this, who've only been in the sport 10-15 years, and they think I'm kidding

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackDog82:
quote:
A Huge event back then. Over 20 tracks

in the early 1990's, Division One had 21-23 tracks attend the Finals, each bringing up-to 40 vehicles

I tell my younger racing buddies this, who've only been in the sport 10-15 years, and they think I'm kidding

Yeah, I was part of it too! I remember being parked out in the grass which is typically used for spectator parking for their large events. That field would be PACKED with racers from all over the place. We didn't have to warm up our cars before a pass, just drive to the lanes, it would be hot by the time we got there!

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
At one race at MG that I just don’t recall what it was....We overheard George Case chuckling about how much they were gonna pocket off a gamblers race that had a huge amount of cars. $100 to enter I think. Back then that was a $5 grand to win event, $100 entry.

At Etown when that would happen Vinnie would bump the purse up.

Maple Grove, I don’t think so !

Only places I’ve ever been to with bigger car counts for a race.....Moroso in the mid 1980’s for the 5 Day....

Indy same period S/G round one 200+ cars 7-8 am ☺️

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey Birdman, any chance the Lowe's parking lot would work?

Just askin'

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I was at that 5K race at MG. They also had some promods. They only paid the top 16 spots. Got down to 7 cars. It started to rain right when I got my loosing time slip. I forget how much the split was, but I did not get very much. Cash pay out. Bob J
quote:
At one race at MG that I just don’t recall what it was....We overheard George Case chuckling about how much they were gonna pocket off a gamblers race that had a huge amount of cars. $100 to enter I think. Back then that was a $5 grand to win event, $100 entry.

At Etown when that would happen Vinnie would bump the purse up.

Maple Grove, I don’t think so !

Only places I’ve ever been to with bigger car counts for a race.....Moroso in the mid 1980’s for the 5 Day....

Indy same period S/G round one 200+ cars 7-8 am ☺️

Don't get behind me,I'm in the slow lane.

Posts: 108 | Location: Newville PA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post