Tools

Ban a member?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Ciglar:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. No tin foil hat here.

This is Dr Fauci's communication of the fatality rate. This is the short smurf looking doctor you see on TV in briefings.

How this assessment from Dr Fauci can be interpreted as tin foil is beyond me. This journal is communication between Fauci and his colleagues written March 26 .

Mike, your date is wrong!!

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387

Scroll down to the bottom and right above Author AffiliatTions you'll see:

This editorial was published on February 28, 2020, at NEJM.org.

A month ago I was thinking this was gonna go away quickly, now even the EXPERTS know it's WAY bigger than they imagined.

I appreciate you pointing that out Ron TU. It appears the journal was released at NEJM.org on Feb 28, 2020.

Released to the public the week of the 26 of March.

I'm sure it'll be updated, lets see what is documented in the journal at that time.

Until then don't panic. Keep the powder dry.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Check this trend out:

https://weather.com/coronaviru...444dea0d12648402cfc8

Ok, so what's the fatality rate? You can figure for how many are unaware they have the flu too correct? No symptoms yet? How many would you guess?

Dr Fauci would break it down further ,,, how many died with covid,,,, And how many died because of covid.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Tom H
posted Hide Post
quote:
This whole post just changed with a click of a button, it looks like Billy is having a discussion with himself. Big Grin

Now that is funny Smile Several topics on here have gotten better with that button.

Posts: 62 | Location: wisc | Registered: January 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fauci's latest estimate is 100-250K deaths, assuming we continue social distancing. That's not equivalent to the flu, where a bad year is 60K without social distancing. And we know what to expect from the flu. No one knows what this would be like without social distancing. NY might be a glimpse, where we were maybe 2-3 weeks slow to begin.

Posts: 722 | Location: Somers, ny | Registered: October 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ralph85:
Fauci's latest estimate is 100-250K deaths, assuming we continue social distancing. That's not equivalent to the flu, where a bad year is 60K without social distancing. And we know what to expect from the flu. No one knows what this would be like without social distancing. NY might be a glimpse, where we were maybe 2-3 weeks slow to begin.

Keep in mind the flu claim is Dr fauci's claim.

How many of those are fatalities with covid vs fatalities because of covid?

This is the flu 6 months correct?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
https://covid19.nj.gov/

Scroll to the bottom of the page for a map.

537 died in NJ so far.

Posts: 163 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: March 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

537 died in NJ so far.

Are there a large majority of elderly in NJ? I've seen reports that 88% of the fatalities in Italy were people who died with covid, not because of covid.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

537 died in NJ so far.

Are there a large majority of elderly in NJ? I've seen reports that 88% of the fatalities in Italy were people who died with covid, not because of covid.

So your asserting that 90% of the 14K or so people that died in Italy, would have died anyway, without the coronavirus? I'd like to see that report. I hope it's true, but i highly doubt it.

Your stats for the flu did cover a 6 month period from Oct19 thru Mar20, but your estimated deaths ranged from 24K to 62K.....I used the high end. We also know that the flu abates in the summer months, no one knows if the coronavirus will do the same. Research the historic annual death rates from the flu. I think you'll find an average is somewhere around 25-35K per year.

Posts: 722 | Location: Somers, ny | Registered: October 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

537 died in NJ so far.

So your asserting that 90% of the 14K or so people that died in Italy, would have died anyway, without the coronavirus? I'd like to see that report. I hope it's true, but i highly doubt it.

Your stats for the flu did cover a 6 month period from Oct19 thru Mar20, but your estimated deaths ranged from 24K to 62K.....I used the high end. We also know that the flu abates in the summer months, no one knows if the coronavirus will do the same. Research the historic annual death rates from the flu. I think you'll find an average is somewhere around 25-35K per year.

Nothing I'm posting is mine. This is evidence for you to come to your own conclusions rationally. These are CDC estimates. The Center for disease control. There is no higher authority on these findings, this is what they do. Accuracy determines their standing as the authority on disease control.

If you'd rather panic that's cool too.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Was there any sign of panic in my response? I guess if I question your data or ask you to clarify it or clarify my assumptions, I'm in a state of panic.

This is silly. I'm done with it.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fauci's latest estimate is 100-250K deaths, assuming we continue social distancing. That's not equivalent to the flu, where a bad year is 60K without social distancing.

Based on that statement one has to assume up to 60k is acceptable losses, because no extraordinary steps are taken for the flu. So somewhere between 60k and up to 100k is unacceptable losses. Hmmmm

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2324 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was there any sign of panic in my response? I guess if I question your data or ask you to clarify it or clarify my assumptions, I'm in a state of panic.

This is silly. I'm done with it.

It's not silly and it's not my data. It's the center for disease control data, the CDC. It's self explanatory. How can I clarify what is self explanatory and not mine? You keep saying this is my data. Nothing could be further from the Truth.

Let's just cut to the chase.

Who here has an immediate family member who has tested positive for covid?

Not your cousins brothers uncles sisters half brothers neighbor heard so and so tested positive for covid 19.

But an immediate family member. Who has an immediate family member who has tested positive for covid 19?

My guess no one here has an immediate family member who has tested positive for covid 19.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Freddie
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not your cousins brothers uncles sisters half brothers neighbor heard so and so tested positive for covid 19.

But an immediate family member. Who has an immediate family member who has tested positive for covid 19?

My guess no one here has an immediate family member who has tested positive for covid 19.

I do. and she is in an ICU, ALONE fighting for her life. Does this make you happy?

Posts: 685 | Location: Anderson SC. | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddie:
quote:

I do. and she is in an ICU, ALONE fighting for her life. Does this make you happy?

You have an immediate family member with covid fighting for her life, your sister? That's not anything to play around about. You should share this info, this could be helpful if you're being honest.

You shouldn't say this and duck out.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Freddie
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You have an immediate family member with covid fighting for her life, your sister? That's not anything to play around about. You should share this info, this could be helpful if you're being honest.

Yes and this is just 2 months after our mom passed. I am not looking for anyone sympathy just tired of your constant distortion of partial facts. I also have 3 close friends who have lost their life due to this virus, who were in good overall health, and several more who are sick but can not get tested as they are not critical.

The journal you keep wanting to reference while it is written by the Dr, was written well over a month before the USA started seeing cases flair up and was only recently published. I suggest you do a little better job checking your facts.

I have other matters to attend to so do as ya'll please.

Posts: 685 | Location: Anderson SC. | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes and this is just 2 months after our mom passed. I am not looking for anyone sympathy just tired of your constant distortion of partial facts. I also have 3 close friends who have lost their life due to this virus, who were in good overall health, and several more who are sick but can not get tested as they are not critical.

The journal you keep wanting to reference while it is written by the Dr, was written well over a month before the USA started seeing cases flair up and was only recently published. I suggest you do a little better job checking your facts.

I have other matters to attend to so do as ya'll please.

Yes what? Your sister is dying from covid? Where Florida? Supposedly you were in Florida a few weeks ago. Or is she in South Carolina where you say you are now?

How old is your sister if you don't mind, this may help someone else. Why duck out now?

Here's some more stats.

So, for the math challenged, the CDC says from January 21 to March 30 we have 2860 deaths attributed to CV 19, or 40.9 per day. If you use the fake CBS/ CNN number of "4000" we have 57.2 per day.
The CDC lowest compiled numbers for flu deaths ( all the Corona/ H1 and others are categorized as "Flu viruses") over the last 8 years averages 85.0 deaths per day. Using their average number pushes this to 91.7 per day.
40.9 deaths per day for CV 19 warrants a panic vs the average 85 for virus deaths over the last eight years.
Yup, this is the most deadly thing ever to reach our shores.
Please read and educate yourselves.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Freddie
posted Hide Post
not ducking out just dont feel the need to sit here and listen to any more of this.

So this is it.

I am back in Florida to be here for the family. She is being given the experimental treatment tonight. She is 61, overweight, and pre-diabetic. One of our major fears is she cares for our father who is barely hanging on himself due to other issues and IF he gets this it will kill him. So YES we are a little panic'ed.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
not ducking out just dont feel the need to sit here and listen to any more of this.

So this is it.

I am back in Florida to be here for the family. She is being given the experimental treatment tonight. She is 61, overweight, and pre-diabetic. One of our major fears is she cares for our father who is barely hanging on himself due to other issues and IF he gets this it will kill him. So YES we are a little panic'ed.

For good reason you're panicked. I can see it being hard to see what I'm saying as beneficial but you gotta at some point take into consideration not everyone has those health issues. IMO everyone's natural rights should have been preserved and people health should have been assigned care or at least families educated on how to provide care without contaminating the house. The conversations discussing how deadly covid is don't pertain to your circumstance, yours is a special situation. I hope you'll come to terms with this fact.

I'm gonna pray for you and your family Freddie, and I wish you all the best.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent Freddie. Lost a friend and a long time customer just awhile back. He was actually the first death in New Mexico from this. He did have some underlying issues though.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5297 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I've never seen a member on this board so obsessed with an irrational need to be right about a subject. If we all say he's 100% correct about whatever he's trying to yell from the mountain top maybe he'll stfu.... He's obviously not capable of stating his opinion and moving on....And if past history is any indicator, he's going to still be repeating himself here 4-5 years later.....Stop responding to him....without the attenion he's craving he'll go away...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4447 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post