Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Ban a member?
 Login/Join
 
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would like all media to take an expense paid vacation to wherever they would like to go and then see how quickly things calm down.


Better idea - make the media sit home and shelter in place with no job and no income like all the people who have lost their jobs and income due to media-driven hysteria.


Mike
 
Posts: 1570 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
For what its worth, I disagree with Mike's assessment but I don't think he should be banned because his opinion is unpopular. Mike you seem like a pretty analytical guy judging by your posts but continuing to compare this to the flu just by historical body count is just ignorant and closed minded. There is a fine line between being skeptical of something and sounding like a tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist, so I think your posts are really striking a chord with the people who are genuinely concerned - for some this is a lot more sensitive a topic than "M/T vs. Hoosier". I'm skeptical of everything the media says but look at the rest of the data for yourself - the flu has an incubation period of 1-3 days, this is almost 2 WEEKS... that means every contagious person has the potential to easily infect dozens, maybe hundreds, of people before showing symptoms. This has flu-LIKE symptoms but is nothing like the flu and is just getting rolling while the flu has been around forever, so comparing it to the flu to judge an appropriate response is just apples & oranges. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but anyone who is lucky enough to live in a part of the country that for the most part has not been directly affected YET, has no business commenting about what is an appropriate reaction for others - what would happen if someone who had never been down a track before got on here and and started telling you all how to tune your car? I'm not saying my opinion is worth any more than any other schmucks, but I live in NJ & work at a large car dealership in NY city which is the epicenter for this and I will tell you what I am seeing first hand, not what some liberal jerk-off on CNN is telling me:

1) 2 of our employees have it and 2 are waiting for test results. I'm "fortunate" to be considered essential so I am working but I'm on commission & business is obviously way down.
2) My cousin had it, fortunately a mild case and she is almost over it.
3) A family of 7 in the town I live in got it, 4 of them died. One was elderly but 3 were in their 40's - 50's and healthy. My buddy's wife is a nurse in the hospital and said that once they were put on ventilators, they never made it off.
4) my best friends mother has it - she is 81, in a nursing home in poor health and not expected to survive it.
5) I saw a video yesterday of them loading bodies into a refrigerated trailer that was set up to handle the additional volume outside of a hospital in Brooklyn, about 11 miles away.
6) They are converting the Javits center (a HUGE convention center where they would normally be holding the NY International Auto Show this month) into a temporary hospital as the local hospitals are nearing capacity and expected to run out soon.
7) The Navy hospital ship USS Comfort arrived 2 days ago and is anchored about 660 feet from my office window.

We all know the media is not at all trustworthy but all those of you who think it's bullsheet because you haven't seen anyone sick first-hand yet should just consider yourselves "geographically fortunate".... I'm not sure what the solution is and I hope I'm wrong but I'm afraid pretty soon the "it's just the flu" people are going to be forced to take their heads out of the sand.


Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com
 
Posts: 635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Mike

Ok ok I will tell ya if no one else has...YOU hit the cone from the left lane sending the cone into the right lane forcing your loss.

What in the hell were you doing with 6.50 car on the center stripe to begin with...you can't see the car in the right lane from the center of the track? If you keep racing in the marbles...your gonna cross the center stripe again with certainty. You seriously wasn't over powering the track right? Not that it matters anymore.

Should you be banned? No IMO if that even matters...BUT dang dude, the race you lost was years ago already...YOU lost...we race another day with any luck.

Hopefully we all get to race soon...



Tip PC

Don Henley wrote/sang another song ;
Get Over It!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eVtbXaGO8E


Raceless in California!
 
Posts: 4535 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
BD104X

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. No tin foil hat here.

This is Dr Fauci's communication of the fatality rate. This is the short smurf looking doctor you see on TV in briefings.

How this assessment from Dr Fauci can be interpreted as tin foil is beyond me. This journal is communication between Fauci and his colleagues written March 26.

I'm going with the journal for the simple reason it's more of an official document in regards to matters, than reports in the media.

Don't panic go with the Doctor.



This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If ya'll are looking for a conspiracy you're missing the show.

Nothing can stop what is coming.
https://youtu.be/K-u6vWKUi4c
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
BD104X

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. No tin foil hat here.

This is Dr Fauci's communication of the fatality rate. This is the short smurf looking doctor you see on TV in briefing.

How this assessment from Dr Fauci can be interpreted as tin foil is beyond me. This journal is communication between Fauci and his colleagues written March 26.



I get what you're saying and read what you posted, but both are focused on the mortality rate (percentage) of the flu that has been around forever vs. a relatively new disease that is spreading like wildfire. The big question mark that concerns many is how many people will get it since it is contagious for a much longer time. Hypothetically, if half the population gets sick with the Corona virus by next year, many millions will have died and your "the flu is TECHNICALLY deadlier by percentages" argument will still be correct but won't be worth anything. This is about peoples lives, not about what heat range spark plug is best. I mentioned your name in my post because my point was that although your information may be technically 100% correct, it's probably not a good idea to use it dismiss other peoples concerns and that's why people are calling for banning you even though I support your right to say it. The rest of my post wasn't necessarily directed at you but all of the skeptics. I'm certainly not a "the world is going to end" type of person, but I'm 47 years old and at no point in my life do I ever remember a 1/2 dozen people I know having the flu at one time, and this is still growing. I get why most on here are frustrated about the inconvenience and loss of income as mine has probably been cut in half, and if you aren't concerned based on your calculator that is certainly your prerogative but I guarantee when and if your friends & family start getting sick you'll be less worried about percentages.


Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com
 
Posts: 635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If all these stats were blown up in the media what would happen? This is the flu 6 months. Panic?



Don't panic go with Dr. Fauci the smurf looking short guy you see on TV in briefings

Turn off the TV you're missing the real show. TV is the panic to distract you from the real show.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
If all these stats were blown up in the media what would happen? This is the flu 6 months.


Don't panic go with Dr. Fauci the smurf looking short guy you see on TV in briefings

Turn off the TV you're missing the real show.

Again, you're focusing on estimates based on the current numbers though and kind of dismissing the concern of what it will look like 6 months or a year from now. Are you saying that ICU's are filled to capacity in other countries and filling quickly here in the hot-spots with people who are actually very healthy but just have't seen your charts and graphs?


Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com
 
Posts: 635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
If all these stats were blown up in the media what would happen? This is the flu 6 months.


Don't panic go with Dr. Fauci the smurf looking short guy you see on TV in briefings

Turn off the TV you're missing the real show.

Again, you're focusing on estimates based on the current numbers though and kind of dismissing the concern of what it will look like 6 months or a year from now. Are you saying that ICU's are filled to capacity in other countries and filling quickly here in the hot-spots with people who are actually very healthy but just have't seen your charts and graphs?


I'm saying don't panic, there's Evidence you haven't seen. Come to you're own conclusion based on Evidence.



 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just because you disagree with someone does not give you the right to call for curtailment of them being banned from a public forum. If you don't like it don't read it.
 
Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Billy Duhs - 100%

Several of my extended family have the virus, but have only had minor symptoms so far (hoping i'm in that gene pool), but I know of several otherwise healthy people that just up & died from this.

Keep in mind we're adding about 30,000 confirmed cases a day in the US with a double digit growth rate so were likely to be adding 50,000 a day at the peak, and that's with almost everything shutdown. I don't even wanna guess what those numbers would be if we ignored the situation.
 
Posts: 722 | Location: Somers, ny | Registered: October 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

I'm saying don't panic, there's Evidence you haven't seen. Come to you're own conclusion based on Evidence.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not panicked, I'm concerned and there is a big difference. I'm not panicked about hitting the wall or I wouldn't get in my racecar, but I am concerned about it so I wear my all my safety equipment and pull my belts tight. That's not because my mom convinced me it's dangerous or the statistics show that dying is unlikely. My concerns are based primarily on real life events that I am seeing first hand all around me and that's why I shared them on here. Just a month or so ago, several local friends were posting on Facebook that they didn't know anyone who tested positive and were voicing the same concerns of media hype as many of the guys on here are now - unfortunately though, that's not the case now for most and those people are silent. My concerns aren't being stoked by the lying media (at least not consciously) but my concerns after seeing a homemade video of hospital staff loading bodies into a temporary morgue with a forklift aren't going to disappear because of a bunch of charts posted by some skeptic 1400 miles away who happens to share my hobby either, regardless of whether or not I believe his information to be correct. I had no intention of trying to convince you (or anyone else on here) that the current state of things is any better or worse than you may or may not believe because I can see from most of your other posts on here that you tend to focus relentlessly on your point and and supporting data... I don't mean that as an insult, but I am of the opinion that listening to some opposing opinions and thoughts with an open mind can't hurt and can sometimes lead to a better understanding of "the big picture", so I figured I'd share my experiences and observations of whats happening in the city & state with the highest number of cases. Again, I'm not advocating panic but trying to be realistic. Either way, political correctness is killing America so I vote "no-ban"... I may not agree with what someone says but I support their right to say it. I better get back to work or someone might deem me "non-essential" so I'm done... be safe.


Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com
 
Posts: 635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Don't grovel to fear. Go with the Doctor, read what he wrote, it could be that covid - 19 is the equivalent of a flu pandemic of the past, everyone could end up with covid - 19, BUT the Doctor saying covid 19 is the equivalent of a flu pandemic, means 0.01% or 1/10th of one percent of the people who eventually come down with the virus, die.

That means chances you die or anyone you know die, are slim to none.



That alone says there's no reason to panic.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
One of the best logic driven, un-politically motivated opinions I've seen so far in this thread.

Great post 104X


Dan


Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?
 
Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
I'm saying don't panic, there's Evidence you haven't seen. Come to you're own conclusion based on Evidence.

quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:

I'm not panicked, I'm concerned and there is a big difference. I'm not panicked about hitting the wall or I wouldn't get in my racecar, but I am concerned about it so I wear my all my safety equipment and pull my belts tight. That's not because my mom convinced me it's dangerous or the statistics show that dying is unlikely. My concerns are based primarily on real life events that I am seeing first hand all around me and that's why I shared them on here. Just a month or so ago, several local friends were posting on Facebook that they didn't know anyone who tested positive and were voicing the same concerns of media hype as many of the guys on here are now - unfortunately though, that's not the case now for most and those people are silent. My concerns aren't being stoked by the lying media (at least not consciously) but my concerns after seeing a homemade video of hospital staff loading bodies into a temporary morgue with a forklift aren't going to disappear because of a bunch of charts posted by some skeptic 1400 miles away who happens to share my hobby either, regardless of whether or not I believe his information to be correct. I had no intention of trying to convince you (or anyone else on here) that the current state of things is any better or worse than you may or may not believe because I can see from most of your other posts on here that you tend to focus relentlessly on your point and and supporting data... I don't mean that as an insult, but I am of the opinion that listening to some opposing opinions and thoughts with an open mind can't hurt and can sometimes lead to a better understanding of "the big picture", so I figured I'd share my experiences and observations of whats happening in the city & state with the highest number of cases. Again, I'm not advocating panic but trying to be realistic. Either way, political correctness is killing America so I vote "no-ban"... I may not agree with what someone says but I support their right to say it. I better get back to work or someone might deem me "non-essential" so I'm done... be safe.


How many in your family have tested positive? Not your sisters friends brothers friend from 2nd grade.

How many in your immediate family have tested positive for covid 19?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Same here, no one in my immediate family has tested positive for covid - 19.

Go with Dr Fauci, don't panic.

Are you prepped? Firearms, cash, food, water, gold, silver?

Turn off the TV, it's a panic delusion maker. Corona is a Hob Goblin.

Start researching why you and your family are looking at the biggest economic collapse in the history of the world.

Plan for crime waves. Prepare, don't grovel to fear.

Hope for the best plan for the worst.

Good luck.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
This whole post just changed with a click of a button, it looks like Billy is having a discussion with himself. Big Grin


Ken
 
Posts: 321 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Something tells me Billy is going to be joining the game soon enough.

https://youtu.be/K-u6vWKUi4c <<<fitting
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:


I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. No tin foil hat here.

This is Dr Fauci's communication of the fatality rate. This is the short smurf looking doctor you see on TV in briefings.

How this assessment from Dr Fauci can be interpreted as tin foil is beyond me. This journal is communication between Fauci and his colleagues written March 26 .


Mike, your date is wrong!!

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387

Scroll down to the bottom and right above Author AffiliatTions you'll see:

This editorial was published on February 28, 2020, at NEJM.org.


A month ago I was thinking this was gonna go away quickly, now even the EXPERTS know it's WAY bigger than they imagined.
 
Posts: 163 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: March 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
 
Posts: 163 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: March 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4  
 


© DragRaceResults.com 2024