DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Chromoly in VA/NC area
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chromoly in VA/NC area
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Team C
posted
Does anyone know a place to purchase reasonably priced chromoly in the VA/NC area? There are a few close by, but they must be selling GOLDmoly! LOL Thanks in advance!

Posts: 20 | Location: Glasgow, VA | Registered: July 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Race city steel in Denver NC normally has good prices

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Team C:
Does anyone know a place to purchase reasonably priced chromoly in the VA/NC area? There are a few close by, but they must be selling GOLDmoly! LOL Thanks in advance!

I buy mine here in Houston, Tx from EMJ metals and I see the have a Charlotte, NC location. Seems to be cheaper there than what I find online. I think I paid $4.90 per foot on the last 1 5/8 .083 I bought. I dont know how that compares, but they also deliver to me for free so I would probably pay more for that convenience.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Does GOLDmoly take a special fill rod or pre-heat?
Is a tarriff driving up the cost even though you're buying domestic (hopefully)?

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Team C
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys! I will definitely check those 2 places out.

As far as the GOLDmoly, going by the local prices, you must need to use Diamond fill rod AND pre-heat in a TITANIAM oven!! Welder

Posts: 20 | Location: Glasgow, VA | Registered: July 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
Order from Aircraft Spruce unless you need a large amount or long pieces.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
A few years ago I ordered from Dillsburg Aeroplane in Pa. Not sure where they are if they are close to you or not . At the time they were the best priced I could find, they shipped to me.

Posts: 30 | Location: Southwest IOWA | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of willys1191
posted Hide Post
I'm 30 minutes from Dillsburg Aeroplane works and to the best of my knowledge they have closed their doors. High Tech Metals in Linglestown, Pa. https://www.high-techmetals.com/ Check them out we usually buy our aluminum from him.

Posts: 66 | Location: Enola, Pa | Registered: August 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post