Bracket Talk
Chromoly in VA/NC area

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/75460652/m/6517005186

August 06, 2018, 11:21 AM
Team C
Chromoly in VA/NC area
Does anyone know a place to purchase reasonably priced chromoly in the VA/NC area? There are a few close by, but they must be selling GOLDmoly! LOL Thanks in advance!
August 06, 2018, 06:16 PM
wideopen231
Race city steel in Denver NC normally has good prices

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.
August 06, 2018, 10:12 PM
Stephen Hughes
quote:
Originally posted by Team C:
Does anyone know a place to purchase reasonably priced chromoly in the VA/NC area? There are a few close by, but they must be selling GOLDmoly! LOL Thanks in advance!

I buy mine here in Houston, Tx from EMJ metals and I see the have a Charlotte, NC location. Seems to be cheaper there than what I find online. I think I paid $4.90 per foot on the last 1 5/8 .083 I bought. I dont know how that compares, but they also deliver to me for free so I would probably pay more for that convenience.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!
August 07, 2018, 01:03 PM
bry-war
Does GOLDmoly take a special fill rod or pre-heat?
Is a tarriff driving up the cost even though you're buying domestic (hopefully)?
August 07, 2018, 02:35 PM
Team C
Thanks Guys! I will definitely check those 2 places out.

As far as the GOLDmoly, going by the local prices, you must need to use Diamond fill rod AND pre-heat in a TITANIAM oven!! Welder
August 07, 2018, 04:00 PM
Brktracer
Order from Aircraft Spruce unless you need a large amount or long pieces.

Matt Ward

August 07, 2018, 06:36 PM
joekool
A few years ago I ordered from Dillsburg Aeroplane in Pa. Not sure where they are if they are close to you or not . At the time they were the best priced I could find, they shipped to me.
August 08, 2018, 07:14 AM
willys1191
I'm 30 minutes from Dillsburg Aeroplane works and to the best of my knowledge they have closed their doors. High Tech Metals in Linglestown, Pa. https://www.high-techmetals.com/ Check them out we usually buy our aluminum from him.