DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    PJ1 traction compound price increase
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PJ1 traction compound price increase
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I know there are several companies working on traction compound that will work and will be in the $750 a drum price range. Testing will begin on one of them this Spring is what I heard. They are planning on using American made chemicals in-house blending and packaging. If I hear more I will throw it out here.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I know VP is one of those companies. Those overseas sourced chemicals are causing issues with a lot of products including starting to hot race fuels.

I have seen on a facebook page for a track out here in the west folks complaining gate fees went up $5 due in part to the increase in compound. First increase since this owner took over a number of years ago. Followed by a response form the track owner. You would think out here given what has happened the last decade people would learn to support what you have and be thankful you have ANY place to race. If racing is causing ANY concerns that $5 more will be an issue perhaps you need to reexamine your financial house and priorities.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
Just talked with RJ Simrock who is the Manager at the Barona 1/8th mile track in Ramona, Ca.. RJ said that they were quoted $1800 for a 54 gallon drum of PJ-1. That's a no brainer, there is simply no way they could afford $1800 (plus tax) for a single 54 gallon drum of PJ-1.

Time to home brew some traction compound.

Net sales profit for JP-1.....$0.

Bob

Barona is a special situation for sure. RJ and his wife are great folks and do the best they can with what they are handed. Which is to say a place to race by the reservation and thats about it. They must make it work with ticket and concession sales after that. It is a very small track and very small facility. I would imagine most here would never even consider racing there. But those who go and are in the area need to support the track somehow even if its a street car, as it is all there is in San Diego area to race at. Like Irwindale in LA there is NOTHING else. And that is another track most here would NEVER race on. We go to both FWIW from Vegas when we can. Its going to be tough on Barona hopefully they come up with a solution that works for a program there.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
If racing is causing ANY concerns that $5 more will be an issue perhaps you need to reexamine your financial house and priorities.

Quoted for the fucing TRUTH!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
If you want to be a drag racer, here is some sound advice: Don't move to San Diego in Southern California, everything is working against you. Great place weather wise but loaded with tree hugging ultra liberal environmentalists and a State Government that is determined to tax the living crap out of you.

The closest track to San Diego is Bakersfield
(in the Central Valley) and it's a 544 mile round trip tow. You have two choices here:

(1) Barona 1/8th mile
(2) quit.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I will predict with near 100% certainty that the ones b!tching about track prep are the same ones b!tching that the purse doesn't come near to paying their cost to race.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
If racing is causing ANY concerns that $5 more will be an issue perhaps you need to reexamine your financial house and priorities.

Quoted for the fucing TRUTH!

FUCING TRUTH AND FACTS!!

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Saw Kevin S tonight. Said they would use about ½ a drum for a Mitchell race.

More for a divisional race.

They would alter how far out they would spray depending on conditions.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Whatever happened to Coke or Dr. Pepper syrup? I know it used to get sprayed back in the day.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Below information was posted for Las Vegas points races. Everyone commenting on FB have been positive, including myself. clapping

2BKING Big Grin

"2023 ET Bracket Series Important Information
Entry fees and the Purse schedule have not seen a change for over 12 year. With the increasing costs of everything from Track Glue to Wages, adjustments were needed to be made.
For this year the entry fees for all Bracket categories will be increased $20 an event. And Test and Tunes $10 per event.
New entry amounts
Super Pro $80
Pro bracket $70
Sportsman & Motorcycle $60
TnT $60
JR no change at this time
Purse schedule also has been adjusted upward.
Membership package will be posted Jan 20."

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
^^ Perfect example on what tracks need to do^^

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
^^ Perfect example on what tracks need to do^^

While I agree it's a step in the right direction. IMO, our track uses way too much glue! I think there should be less prep & make the racers tune their race vehicles for the conditions. Too many are addicted to needing the perfect conditions/prep to make their shyt work. The best racers will still find a way to win under any conditions/prep, period! Wink

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post