DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Will the $10k and $20k races have better attendance than the $50k plus races in 2023
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will the $10k and $20k races have better attendance than the $50k plus races in 2023
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Time will tell y'all, I believe with the economic issues that lie ahead, the bigger races will play themselves out other than the Flings and Millions.

JMO
CFR just announced a 10/20/10 in place of there previous SFG 50s on june2-4 23 so it looks like that is the "new" trend inIowa anyway

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 406 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
3 of 4 of the flings are at the nicest tracks in the country.
Vegas IS my favorite.
Galot is delicious!
Bristol is always badazz.

(Vegas IS my favorite)………… 1800 mi, too far for Me!
(Galot is delicious!)…………. Yep, 990 mi…….wish it was closer
(Bristol is always badazz) …………… It’s on the Bucket list

I live in a poor location for $20k+ bracket racing events when compared to those on the East and SE coast.

My local track is 115 miles and they run a 2.5k and 5k weekend event 4x along with three larger paying weekend races from mid May to mid Oct.

For two $5ks with a $2k warmup I’ll travel 300 miles one way max.
For two 20ks, a warm up race and being After Oct 15th and before May 15th and depending on the event, I’ll travel 1,000 miles. From May 15th – Oct 15th I’ll only travel 500 miles max for multiple 20ks or more purses.

1,000 miles is the maximum I’ll travel now (I’m 70) as it’s what I can do stopping 3x for fuel/ rest room driving straight through.

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
3 of 4 of the flings are at the nicest tracks in the country.

Vegas IS my favorite.

^^^TORQIN KNOWS & so do I^^^

I've raced a lot of left coast, some south-west, some mid-western & a few eastern tracks. The only thing Vegas could do is add showers, not that I need them anymore. That leads me to my 2nd favorite track Sonoma. While Pomona, doesn't rank; it's a parking lot, but I enjoyed the experience. This was based off racing National/Divisional events, Big Money & plain old run of the mill bracket racing.

The most fun was always the less than stellar sanctioned & outlaw tracks.

2BKing Big Grin

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post