DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Will the $10k and $20k races have better attendance than the $50k plus races in 2023
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will the $10k and $20k races have better attendance than the $50k plus races in 2023
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted
I see the smaller races becoming more attractive financially for the majority of bracket racers wanting to
do some Big money races?

Contributing factors being:
1) Diesel fuel/travel cost
2) Total race cost
3) Race parts cost increase

Just to name a few.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
IMO…yes I don’t think nobody asked for these crazy payout races who can brag on having the biggest paying races….focus on paying back further quit worrying about the top number so much…

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Doesn’t matter what the top number is no one supporting these races intends to race for the advertised purse except that KMoney kid. Splitters are quitters!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Old school 10k, one entry, decent payback sounds good.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Life changing purses require life changing entry fees LMAO

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
And none are really life changing, everyone goes to back to back and most between splits, expenses and taxes end up with 30-40% of what the big check says. Some even less!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hard to get away from work for a lot of these races that start on a Tuesday. Time is often more valuable than the entry fees or expenses of getting there

Posts: 794 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This^^^

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
And what was the attendance at the Flings? It's gotten to the point where smaller tracks are running 10k races.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
Hard to get away from work for a lot of these races that start on a Tuesday. Time is often more valuable than the entry fees or expenses of getting there

DING DING DING, we have a winner!!!!

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
I see the smaller races becoming more attractive financially for the majority of bracket racers wanting to
do some Big money races?

Contributing factors being:
1) Diesel fuel/travel cost
2) Total race cost
3) Race parts cost increase

Just to name a few.

I think those megabuck races will be just fine. The folks who could afford those costs can still afford those costs. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Flings had their best year ever with record car counts. Some of the other promoters done well too. Some did not.

The same crowd will follow the real big stuff and fill in the gaps with 10 and 20 granders is my bet.

Not many races near Houston, it's now a MUST travel to bracket race at all (3 hrs minimum).

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Flings had their best year ever with record car counts. Some of the other promoters done well too. Some did not.

The same crowd will follow the real big stuff and fill in the gaps with 10 and 20 granders is my bet.

Not many races near Houston, it's now a MUST travel to bracket race at all (3 hrs minimum).

Flings and a few other big name races are ones people mark on their calendars and are willing to take vacation and time in order to attend.

My family comes first when it comes to vacation and time. I get more time than many, but can’t justify being away from the family for my pleasure. We go to Montana each year on a ski trip and take a beach trip about twice a year along with other trips. I can usually justify 1-2 races a year that are a week long. For the average racer I feel many are in this same boat

There are some more fortunate than me who can attend these races week in and week out. I am proud of them and hope that one day I can have my investments right in order to do the same. Most people I feel like don’t fall in that category though of people able to take near unlimited time.

Posts: 794 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
^^^^ agree family frist.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think several people who have supported the Mega Money events in the last few years, were doing it as a "Bucket List item"

I don't think you will see many of them back there, due to time/money constraints.

That being said, I know several people who attend one or two Fling races per year, to go on Vacation with their families.

I think Peter Biondo has done it right. I don't think its coincidental that the two races that were the biggest are in major vacation destinations.

If you can have a race in an area where the wife would like to visit, you'll get the racers!

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I like the $5000-$11,000 races. Affordable on all levels. No vacation time required.
We are lucky in Iowa. 4 weekends of three -$7000 races, 2 weekends of two $11,000 races, couple local $5000 and two $5669.00 memorial races.

Personally, I am not spending $2000-$4000 to go to a bracket race, anywhere, ever.

Be safe out there!

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
If $200,000 changes your life you're in the wrong hobby.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:

LOL!

Posts: 5736 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Were you thinking maybe class legal and/or heads up drag racing instead? Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
FACT I love when these clowns say LIFE CHANGING MONEY LOL

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post