DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Get Race Car Insurance
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Get Race Car Insurance
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
I am still a bit confused, Don...my race car sits on an open trailer...I race it all year long...the longest it may sit is 3 weeks or so between races...is that "long term"?...the toy lot my rig is parked in is within my gated community..we have no garages and are not allowed to park any type of trailer at our homes, hence the toy lot...I want insurance...

Hence, the reason I would never live somewhere with a HOA! No one is going to tell me what I can and can't do on my property, within reason. I won't run a business out of my house, but if I want to work on my cars, change my brakes, oil, etc.... I want to be left alone, and I am.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
quote:
I am still a bit confused, Don...my race car sits on an open trailer...I race it all year long...the longest it may sit is 3 weeks or so between races...is that "long term"?...the toy lot my rig is parked in is within my gated community..we have no garages and are not allowed to park any type of trailer at our homes, hence the toy lot...I want insurance...

Hence, the reason I would never live somewhere with a HOA! No one is going to tell me what I can and can't do on my property, within reason. I won't run a business out of my house, but if I want to work on my cars, change my brakes, oil, etc.... I want to be left alone, and I am.

I will be talking to the underwriters about your question about long term? on Tuesday and how long it it

Don Kennedy

Posts: 395 | Location: TN | Registered: December 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
OK...thank you, sir...

Posts: 1272 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
has three witnesses of what happened

I understand needing pictures but what if there are no witnesses? All kinds of things can happen where there would be no witnesses.

Posts: 123 | Location: inside | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
again, my policy through Bill Horton

http://www.dragracersinsurance.com/bill_horton.htm

provides coverage ALL YEAR ROUND, meaning when my race cars are not in use, parked/stored in my garage, my shop, my trailer, ready to race or disassembled for 5 months of the year.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
OMG....I'm sure they got it the first 5 times you posted it.....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4440 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
OMG....I'm sure they got it the first 5 times you posted it.....

Psst. Ignore feature. Hurry Up

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cartman:
quote:
has three witnesses of what happened

I understand needing pictures but what if there are no witnesses? All kinds of things can happen where there would be no witnesses.

All I am doing is to make the processing of claims with no chance of issues with the insurance company.A insurance company can cover a lot of situations but beware of the too good to be true coverage when there is a claim ,then watch happens when the claim is denied

Don Kennedy

Posts: 395 | Location: TN | Registered: December 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
quote:
Originally posted by Don Kennedy:

Our STP program, does not allow the race cars to be stored in a locked trailer for a long period of time, the race cars have to be in a locked garage/building, unless you are preparing for a race and have loaded up the race car the in the trailer that is acceptable. The same thing applies if you come home late from a race and leave the racecar overnight in the trailer.

Don , what if you have an race car on the open trailer that is storied inside a lock 2 car garage that is apart of the home?

you have coverage your race car is secure is the key

Don Kennedy

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I hope I can insure my race rig...I can't seem to grasp why I can insure my daily drivers which have sat outside on my driveway for the last 30 years...any auto insurance company will gladly cover them...no locked garage, in fact no garage at all...no fence, no nothing...

Yet when all I want is Comprehensive on my race rig, no chance...kind of frustrating...I sure hope you can get it done, Don...

Posts: 1272 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Really.The questions about time on trailer? Seems you have been given instructions on how to deal with it if it happens. Its not what you say its how you say it apply s.

So my unload car to work on every week means its covered if I load it day or 2 before race and something happened it before I left for race.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4156 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Like always, nobody cares

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope I can insure my race rig...I can't seem to grasp why I can insure my daily drivers which have sat outside on my driveway for the last 30 years...any auto insurance company will gladly cover them...no locked garage, in fact no garage at all...no fence, no nothing...

Yet when all I want is Comprehensive on my race rig, no chance...kind of frustrating...I sure hope you can get it done, Don...

the reason is because we are going to pay you for the race car stated value,forever. a street car will depreciate . Your race car will not

Don Kennedy

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
quote:

Like always, nobody cares

every insurance company has it policies , but if it were we me I would be aware of this If it sounds too good to be true ,think about it a little harder to see if it makes sense . I dont care who you insure your car with just insure it
We will need the following information then we will contact you with the quote ,and then we mall the info can fill out the official application for the underwriters to have
Name
Address
Phone number
Date of birth
Driver’s License number
description of car and some form ID of car vin number chassis number or builders number
amount wanting to insure the car .
Pictures of the race car
If race car is stored at a different location than residence need address and picture if available
email this information to me
Thanks
Don Kennedy
Donkennedy1@cox.net

Don Kennedy

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Really.The questions about time on trailer? Seems you have been given instructions on how to deal with it if it happens. Its not what you say its how you say it apply s.

So my unload car to work on every week means its covered if I load it day or 2 before race and something happened it before I left for race.

Your race car is insure if you are going to a race not insured if it is stored in a public place for a long period of time . Be reasonable a racer knows the issue with storage the risk you are taking in a public place ,no one wants their race car stolen ,There has to be some a common sense approach to this situation

Don Kennedy

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

provides coverage ALL YEAR ROUND, meaning when my race cars are not in use, parked/stored in my garage, my shop, my trailer, ready to race or disassembled for 5 months of the year.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
So if my trailer is parked on my property which isn’t a public place for 2 months and get broken into and parts stolen off my car it is covered?

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
So if my trailer is parked on my property which isn’t a public place for 2 months and get broken into and parts stolen off my car it is covered?

The answer is The word "public" is the way a insurance company will deny your claim in your case most likly it would be processed because it is "not in a Public place"

Don Kennedy

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

correct non of your stuff is stored in a Public place ,let me know if you ever get a claim if any of your stuff is damaged in a "public" is processed ,I am not trying to debate with anyone just telling like it is not "insurance talk" to sell the plan, then you find out the claims the insurance company implied deny the claim .
like I said before just get your race car insured with anyone and then you will find out

Don Kennedy

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Thank you Don for coming on here and explaining to racers what they should expect.

I have been asking for years when speaking with agents to come onto DRR and interact with our users to no prevail including the person I used the last 2 years.

Like Chris Norris, I'm sure Bill Horton is a good guy but neither have came on here and answered questions. I really appreciate it and I hope our members do to.

And you're right. This is not a debate, you are a smart guy, a licensed agent and a respected racer in the country. I hope you do a lot of business with our members. You certainly will have mine come renewal.

SL...

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post