DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Is Mickey Thompson out of buisness
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Mickey Thompson out of buisness
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I have his #. I buy my fuel from Alan as well.

quote:
Originally posted by LARAY:
If you don't get any satisfaction give Alan Glatt a call. He can get things done. If you need his number let me know i can P.M. it to ya.

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sorry your having an issue redeeming your gift card..
Feel free to give myself or Tom a call if you can’t get it taken care of..
Buddy 330-696-6290
Tom 330-819-7343

Also, M/T is alive and well and busy as ever!

And M/T’s Parent company is Cooper. Not Apollo. Apollo is not even associated w either company..

Brandon "Buddy"Legath
Mickey Thompson Tires
330-928-9092 X 3142

Posts: 6 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
I know of three dealers who are no longer dealers because of poor treatment and poor inventory availability

Larry could you tell me who these three dealers are? I only know of one..
Thanks

Brandon "Buddy"Legath
Mickey Thompson Tires
330-928-9092 X 3142

Posts: 6 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Thanks Buddy. I will be giving you a call. Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Buddy:
Buddy 330-696-6290
Tom 330-819-7343

And M/T’s Parent company is Cooper. Not Apollo. Apollo is not even associated w either company..

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Thanks for chiming in Buddy. Appreciate you getting this straightened out and providing the info for our users.

Scott Lemen

Posts: 2107 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
Regardless of which brand you prefer, when any company corners the market on something the customer service usually goes away and the price usually goes up. Competition benefits the consumer - everyone should remember that when they are on their soapbox preaching about how every brand besides the one they use sucks!!!

Good post, I think some are still touchy about all the BS in the past.
Also every business has had some issues from time to time and I try to be understanding. It is how them and you handle it that makes the difference.

The original poster had a problem and he came on here asking for help. Buddy and others have offered to help and get it resolved.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4003 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Brandon, just small dealers under that one distributor.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1829 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Right. I was not looking to bash a company. I love the M/T Tire. I figured I have exhausted my phone calls & I figured if I put it on here maybe it would get some attention & someone who could help would see it.

quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
Regardless of which brand you prefer, when any company corners the market on something the customer service usually goes away and the price usually goes up. Competition benefits the consumer - everyone should remember that when they are on their soapbox preaching about how every brand besides the one they use sucks!!!

Good post, I think some are still touchy about all the BS in the past.
Also every business has had some issues from time to time and I try to be understanding. It is how them and you handle it that makes the difference.

The original poster had a problem and he came on here asking for help. Buddy and others have offered to help and get it resolved.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
On June 12, 2013, a deal was finalized in which Apollo Tyres of India would buy Cooper for $2.5 billion. This move would have made Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. the only major U.S. tire manufacturer. Cooper is the second largest U.S.-based tire company, after Goodyear.[14] On December 30, 2013 Apollo pulled out of the deal since Cooper has not disclosed vital information about its lack of control over its Chinese business. The Chinese plant went on an indefinite strike against the proposed acquisition forcing Apollo to try to lower the $35-per-share bid in the original deal.[15]
Tire brands[edit]
Cooper Tires[edit]

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
my bad I didn't read that Apollo pulled out

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I did not look at it as bashing a product just asking for help and I do not blame you for that.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4003 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
Speaking of which, whos got the best price on MT’s?? HMMMM

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:
es, Mickey Thompson is owned by Cooper Tires.

and cooper tire is owned by Apollo tyres of india lol

I'm sure you read it on the interwebby thing, so it must have been true. Loser

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hetzler
posted Hide Post
Customer service regardless of who it is seems to be getting worse every where. When you find someone that has good customer service it is the exception now instead of the rule.

That being said, I really wanted to put MT PBRs on my car last summer. I tried to buy a set, I really did. I could not find anyone that had any, no one knew when they would get them, and a couple of dealers told me they stopped carrying MT tires because of an assortment of issues with the company. So I went back to Hoosiers. MT may make a great radial tire, but I will never know.

Posts: 525 | Location: Orange County, NC | Registered: September 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Glad this was resolved. In my world, I would rather have someone call me back and tell me to pound sand that get no return phone call whatsoever. Returning calls shows respect.

It's not what you've got, it's what you give, it's not the life you choose, it's the life you live.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Napa, California | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I tried several times calling and leaving messages in December to get my contingency money from Memphis. Never talked to the person I needed to. I had gotten contingency from the other companies all in late November-December. It finally showed up Saturday. It was a MasterCard gift card, not a check like the others but it'll spend the same.

Posts: 102 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Talked to Brandon today. Emailed him the documents & everything has been taken care of.

Thanks Brandon

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buddy:
Buddy 330-696-6290
Tom 330-819-7343

Will M/T have tires available at the SFG race in Darlington?

Posts: 62 | Location: south carolina | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Maybe business slowed after there best salesman left this site.LAMO

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE] Will M/T have tires available at the SFG race in Darlington?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately we will not be able to attend the Darlington event due to other events that weekend. The trailers will be in Gainesville and Bradenton that weekend.

Brandon "Buddy"Legath
Mickey Thompson Tires
330-928-9092 X 3142