DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Is Mickey Thompson out of buisness
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Mickey Thompson out of buisness
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Regardless of which brand you prefer, when any company corners the market on something the customer service usually goes away and the price usually goes up. Competition benefits the consumer - everyone should remember that when they are on their soapbox preaching about how every brand besides the one they use sucks!!!

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
I agree about fax machines, but that is what the paper said to do. It did not give me any other avenue. Also this was from Buckeye Bracket bash 8/9/2018.

quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Agreed, but posting this on DRR will have little to no effect. Just like his efforts so far.

My bet is if you call back and escalate your request or call the fellow who stated he would help you, you may get help. Faceplace and DRR cant help obviously. Who on the hell still uses a fax machine? A message on faceplace? C'mon man.

Don't be surprised if your gift certificate has expired on 12/31/18...summer last year was a long time ago.

You can bash M/T on their business practice...it your choice. You could always go ask the Hoosier rep what's "shakin" these days. Possibly they will be more attentive to your requests. Your statement "are they (M/T still around" is funny at best.

JMO, best bet is to use gift certificates as quickly as possible, this always worked best for me.

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Also it's not like I made 1 attempt to contact them & then jumped on social media. There has been more than enough attempts made & more than enough time has passed.

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I was at that race as well...I did notice the M/T trailer was not there.

I hope you get this issue worked out and hate to hear it went down this way. Squeaky wheels always get grease I was always told.

We will most probably be up there this year again...will try to introduce myself for sure!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

We will most probably be up there this year again..

They were selling Hoosiers. Are you racing all the 2019 SFG main events?

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
the guys user name on here is tom@m/t
330-686-3514

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Yep sounds good. Look forward to it

quote:

I hope you get this issue worked out and hate to hear it went down this way. Squeaky wheels always get grease I was always told.

We will most probably be up there this year again...will try to introduce myself for sure!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
In my experience, it’s often a litte but of a challenge to redeem a gift certificate..

I “won” a free diaper from a company others seem too like on here.. once I called to redeem it, it was a run around and I was informed needed the “fancy new Kevlar lined diaper” and he wouldn’t just send me a regular diaper (like I currently have), but he would give me a “discount” on the new one. Borderline bait and switch in my opinion. I would have gladly paid shipping and handling, but once he acted like I needed to spend more on his new Kevlar diaper, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Another deal with a gift certificate took mailing it in, and 2 voicemails before I got the product.. but I did get it..

I mean I get it, hard to send something out for free when the phone is ringing with people ready to spend money, but at least honor your commitments.

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Ticket:
In my experience, it’s often a litte but of a challenge to redeem a gift certificate..

I “won” a free diaper from a company others seem too like on here.. once I called to redeem it, it was a run around and I was informed needed the “fancy new Kevlar lined diaper” and he wouldn’t just send me a regular diaper (like I currently have), but he would give me a “discount” on the new one. Borderline bait and switch in my opinion. I would have gladly paid shipping and handling, but once he acted like I needed to spend more on his new Kevlar diaper, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Another deal with a gift certificate took mailing it in, and 2 voicemails before I got the product.. but I did get it..

I mean I get it, hard to send something out for free when the phone is ringing with people ready to spend money, but at least honor your commitments.

I see these gift certificates that are won at big money races being sold on facebook sometimes, would make me very leary about buying one 2nd hand

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I didn’t buy them. I won one of them at a banquet and won the other one with the “best losing package” I apologize if it sounded like I purchased them.

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 67 Goat
posted Hide Post
Isn't M/T owned by Cooper Tires now?

Posts: 18 | Location: Delray Beach, FL | Registered: May 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes, Mickey Thompson is owned by Cooper Tires.

Posts: 522 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
es, Mickey Thompson is owned by Cooper Tires.

and cooper tire is owned by Apollo tyres of india lol

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
We are hoping to do so. Cool

quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:

We will most probably be up there this year again..

They were selling Hoosiers. Are you racing all the 2019 SFG main events?

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I hate to break it to you guys but we're not important. We are not even special.
That's why it's nice having connections or friends in the business.

You are one in thousands of phone calls when you call.
So why the hell wouldn't you say thanks for greasing the wheels for me to the guy that offered to "make a call for you" ??
Yeah Yeah I know you shouldn't have to. But remember we're nobodies and he has an in...it gets handled and you can move on...it's a win-win.....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4469 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Begging companies to do business with you and take your money seems the normal thing today . Customer service is dead at a lot of places and bytchin and moaning on the net seems at times the only way to get any action . Pretty sad ....

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Oh I will. That guy is a friend & I actually bought my current set of M/T from him. I also received a return message from M/T through Facebook today with a # to call. I guess we’ll see what happens.

quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
I hate to break it to you guys but we're not important. We are not even special.
That's why it's nice having connections or friends in the business.

You are one in thousands of phone calls when you call.
So why the hell wouldn't you say thanks for greasing the wheels for me to the guy that offered to "make a call for you" ??
Yeah Yeah I know you shouldn't have to. But remember we're nobodies and he has an in...it gets handled and you can move on...it's a win-win.....

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Jenavet, I thought that deal fell apart.

Posts: 522 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of LARAY
posted Hide Post
If you don't get any satisfaction give Alan Glatt a call. He can get things done. If you need his number let me know i can P.M. it to ya.

Posts: 579 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: January 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
navet, I thought that deal fell apart.

unfortunately not