DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Is Mickey Thompson out of buisness
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Mickey Thompson out of buisness
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted
I have a M/T 200$ gift certificate from Mickey Thompson from a race last summer. I followed the instructions & faxed the forms to them back in Nov. I have also left multiple message & send a message through there facebook page trying to get confirmation that they received them since I have never heard or received anything from them. No one from there company can seem to return a phone call or email so I am just curious if there still around ?

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Customer service at it’s best

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Nope a former site member blew them up. LOL

Maybe my brand new set of tires will be worth 5 times what I paid for them if they are out. Hey bad day here and needing a laugh even if self induced.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
They are busy selling tires Big Grin ...

See if Hoosier will accept competitors coupons if no response?

Many avenues to get attention...doubtfully this site will be of assistance. You get a better deal thru there many distributors IMO.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Something is up with M/T Lots of unusual vibes and happenings

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1828 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I know of three dealers who are no longer dealers because of poor treatment and poor inventory availability

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1828 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Since I bought a new set for car they will probably be going out and tires will work great.Just will not be replaceable ,about par for rest of this week.

Please keep updated as to findings.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I ordered a set of the MT 3074S last June (first time in over 5 yrs) and when I went to have them installed I looked at them first. One was 1 yr old, the other dated 1.5 yrs old. Had the dealer send them back and order the same Hoosiers I’ve been using for the past 5 yrs. Hoosiers show up and they’re 6 weeks old and same mold marking.

Posts: 2451 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Right. I ran Hoosiers on my dragster before. Never had an issue with them. It may time to go back

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
Stop

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1404 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Here we go again......

Posts: 2416 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Morgret Nation you know to call me if you have any M/T problem. I make **** happen! Also M/T is selling so many tires its out of control. Never seen anything like it. My phone is blowing up with orders.

Posts: 62 | Location: home | Registered: February 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
LOL ..... the sky is falling... the sky is falling

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
I hear you.....but I shouldn’t have to call you to get a return phone call from them.

quote:
Originally posted by irf3:
Morgret Nation you know to call me if you have any M/T problem. I make **** happen! Also M/T is selling so many tires its out of control. Never seen anything like it. My phone is blowing up with orders.

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
There is a reason why M/T is selling so many tires...its NOT because they s u c k...just an observation.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
they probably are selling a lot of tires but they still have to support their customers.no reason they shouldn't respond to the man on his gift certificate,its been 3 months

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Agreed, but posting this on DRR will have little to no effect. Just like his efforts so far.

My bet is if you call back and escalate your request or call the fellow who stated he would help you, you may get help. Faceplace and DRR cant help obviously. Who on the hell still uses a fax machine? A message on faceplace? C'mon man.

Don't be surprised if your gift certificate has expired on 12/31/18...summer last year was a long time ago.

You can bash M/T on their business practice...it your choice. You could always go ask the Hoosier rep what's "shakin" these days. Possibly they will be more attentive to your requests. Your statement "are they (M/T still around" is funny at best.

JMO, best bet is to use gift certificates as quickly as possible, this always worked best for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TORQIN,

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Had a friend trying to order tires in December or at least get in contact with my usual rep on the truck. He said they were down for the holidays he got an answer last week. Might just be playing catch up from being off. Its pretty common for companies to shut down for the holidays after a crazy year, esp ones that travel all year

Posts: 64 | Location: Ocoee | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
The OP did what he was supposed to do to redeem his certificate back in November. He has since placed calls and left messages. He has also tried to contact them on FB. OP has not gotten a response and is still awaiting his tires (or whatever he ordered), yet somehow some of you guys are giving him grief?

There was no bashing by the way.

Their product may be made of gold, but if they give out gift certificates and then don't respond when they are being used then their customer service is made of ****.

Mikey

Posts: 1706 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
torqin
a mickey Thompson rep used to monitor this board and respond to questions quite frequently at one point

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post