DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Corona virus vaccine
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corona virus vaccine
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted
Who will have it 1st? My guess is Japan or the USA. Any one know if this virus is killing more races then others? Also is it killing more men or women? I pray for this to stop soon.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The Cure will be found in November on Election Day !!! I’m not saying it’s not bad but so is flu — pneumonia and many other illnesses. And am sorry for anyone’s loss. I just have a suspicion this has been politically driven fueled by the media. Just my 2 cents.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also is it killing more men or women?

The only thing I've heard is about Italy, the biggest cesspool. More men are going down, BUT there are extenuating circumstances. Age, heavy smoking, diabetes, etc. People already on a short fuse.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2330 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
China will have it first.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Whether it’s the USA or another country, the development time and distribution of a Covid 19 vaccine will not save us now at this very minute.

The Malaria drug Hydroxychloroquine has proven to help some of those to recover from dying and those just identified infected while getting through the Covid 19 virus.

Depending if and when you get put on a ventilator with Covid 19, your chances of surviving are less than 50%.

Trump needs to force the drug companies located here NOW to start producing Hydroxychloroquine in massive amounts to help save lives in the USA. This is a low cost, low profit drug and is needed now.

I heard the Governor of Oklahoma several weeks ago, started securing Hydroxychloroquine from around the world with the intent to have a supply to help his state.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Not trying to throw cold water on the hydroxychloroquine idea but perhaps a look at the side effects might be a good idea. Maybe they have a "cure" for all the problems/issues it can create.

Save the darts, just adding some information.

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^ Read the entire Hydroxychloroquine link from the CDC.

Me 68. Side effects from Hydroxychloroquine or possibly dead. Easy choice.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Bob - just like an Advil bottle or any other over the counter / prescription med. Read the small print and it will scare you to death also.

Posts: 2099 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump needs to force the drug companies located here NOW to start producing Hydroxychloroquine in massive amounts to help save lives in the USA. This is a low cost, low profit drug and is needed now.

Even before the FDA granted provisional approval this week, South Florida doctors started turning to an anti-malaria drug to treat the sickest coronavirus patients.

“There are a lot of unknowns with this new virus, but we are taking our best guess for going after it,” Lacknauth said. “We don’t want to give hydroxychloroquine to every patient. We have to be careful who we are initiating it with."

With no known cure available for COVID-19 and the death toll rising, many South Florida doctors said they view the drug combination as the best option for people in respiratory distress who might not otherwise recover. Miami Shores resident Rio Giardinieri has told multiple media outlets that he almost died of COVID-19 but recovered after doctors gave him the drug regimen.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/c...djpblew4y-story.html

We are still probably months away from a vaccine and if treatment helps some, why not?

Posts: 2961 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Canted Valve, Italy a cesspool. WTF is that supposed to mean. The Italian government may suck but to refer to Italy as a cesspool is like saying that the only thing to come from Oklahoma are steers & queers. Which are you?

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
...the only thing to come from Oklahoma are steers & queers. Which are you?

Smile Did I hit a nerve? Steers & queers would be plural (thingS) by the way. I based my comment on the sheer numbers of virus cases/deaths. It's not my fault they joined the EU and abdicated their boarder control. Thus virtually inviting a epidemic in their country. Nor is it surprising sanctuary cities, with their tent cities, like NY and LA are eat up with sickness. Elections have consequences and so does the decisions made by those elected officials. Take a chill pill, you'll feel better.

Posts: 2330 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The first case in our county here was from Vacaville. The hospital sent her to UC Davis and one week (??) later they figured out it was C19. She was pretty bad at that point and they made the decision to treat her with the Malaria drugs. She is now at home recuperating.

An NHRA Racing Family was on TV last night as a Father, Wife and son had all passed from C19! God Speed to all of them.

I'm at risk like so many others and I am not taking it lightly. Am I scared? NO! am I panicking? NO! But I am taking precautions.
If you are going to pass... Side affects mean nothing.
I Hope what Beard posted is true about a vaccine!

Ok back to the Race car!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4473 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Canted, yep you hit a nerve. BTW, I took the chill pill. However for you refer to Italy as a cesspool is short sighted and capricious. I have followed many of your post have, found them insightful, well thought out and cogent. Being of Italian decent it often very frustrating to listen to the name calling, dumbazz stereo types, etc. Also, most all my relatives in Italy hate the damn government and their communist leanings.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm going to steal a great line from one of the frequent contributors on DRR, (not me) many of us are "up on the chip" over this virus. Take a moment and chill out. Raising your temperature is counterproductive it fixes nothing, we'll all get through this. As hard as it may seem try to maintain a positive attitude.

Stay safe

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Being of Italian decent it often very frustrating to listen to the name calling, dumbazz stereo types, etc.

I apologize if I disrespected you. It was not intended to judge the people, but rather the government and their policies and handling of matters. "Italy" was simply the physical boundaries of the hyper infection rate.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good news, Cuomo affirms what we’ve been hearing from Trump about hydroxychloroquine, that it is indeed yielding positive results in NY hospitals.

Anecdotally speaking, of course....

Posts: 2961 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Let's say a CORONAVIRUS VACCINE becomes available and it is mandatory for everyone to get.

Anybody have a problem with that?

Because that is where I see it going next.Politicians know what is best for everyone don't they?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
Let's say a CORONAVIRUS VACCINE becomes available and it is mandatory for everyone to get.

Because that is where I see it going next.Politicians know what is best for everyone don't they?

From what I understand, you have to meet a certain criteria, in order to qualify for the vaccine.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

I do said the little red hen! NOT to turn this into an abortion debate, but we've all heard "my body, my choice". No one but no one has the right to tell another person they must put something in their body. We aren't owned by the government, like cattle vaccination, we are suppose to be free individuals. Since I'm making quotes isn't there something about your body being your temple? Not to turn this in to a religious debate either. Wink