DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Corona virus vaccine
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corona virus vaccine
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ahhhh Biil Gates...... most of the problem.
Already looking into to leaving. We can place wagers if you’d like, figure out how much you can handle. I’m not a big blabber mouth like Whoopi and the rest of those scared little pansies. I’ve had so many illnesses and diseases being unvaccinated except for those from 40 plus years ago, nor do I see a regular doctor. I have no idea how I’m still alive. I was a pretty solid drunk for the better part of 10 years, maybe it was all the alcohol I consumed or maybe fumes from all the race cars since I’ve spent most of my 47 years at a race track. No clue how I’ll go 6 foot under, and I will one day, but I promise and guarantee it won’t be from a vaccination or complications from a said vaccination.

Shane Carr

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
My family will be chipped, never. I'll go off grid before getting chipped.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6365 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
At this time Switzerland has the highest infection rate, which is 0.17% if the population. Spain is 0.16%. Italy is 0.15%. That's less than 1 infection per 5000 people. Some pandemic.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The "Ignore" feature is your friend these days.

It can be very effective when the BS becomes ridiculous.

Thanks Scot!

Bob

Posts: 3074 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Yes It Is Great. Smile Also works great in the political section. Big Grin

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I need for someone to tell me is I got a bead on this. It's a small and seemingly benign change. Got a notice in the mail from the OKC city government stating "We've made changes to protect our workers from COVID-19.... we will no longer pick up bagged trash set outside carts". Can someone tell me what picking up curbside trash bags has to do with a passing virus and worker protection? I'm sure they have been wanting to do away with this manual service and expense. And now, while citizens are in the dominance mode, they slip this in. Oh, no mention of reduced rates due to reduced service. Funny how that works. So, am I off base here, over reacting, looking to falsely blame the demon government?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2330 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The noose continues to tighten even as Dr Fauci back pedals from his fantasy fatality estimate of 2.2 million to 60 k.

All while it appears Americans are oblivious of their newly resized softball sized a - holes.

The biggest Hoax in the history of the solar system, appears to be unraveling.

My best forecast has the best whoppers (lies) to be easily picked apart , will be told between the days Resurrection Sunday to May - Day, the communist and pagan holiday.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
I need for someone to tell me is I got a bead on this. It's a small and seemingly benign change. Got a notice in the mail from the OKC city government stating "We've made changes to protect our workers from COVID-19.... we will no longer pick up bagged trash set outside carts". Can someone tell me what picking up curbside trash bags has to do with a passing virus and worker protection? I'm sure they have been wanting to do away with this manual service and expense. And now, while citizens are in the dominance mode, they slip this in. Oh, no mention of reduced rates due to reduced service. Funny how that works. So, am I off base here, over reacting, looking to falsely blame the demon government?

Do they use arms on the truck to get garbage in cans? Less potential contact maybe?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6365 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My biggest issue with vaccines are how are so many needed today, compared to 1990 and before? The body is supposed to learn to fight on its own. Then we have the IDIOTS, that have an issue with people like myself who WILL NOT vaccinate “oh well I don’t want you around me, if you’re not vaccinated” LMAO! Wait....... you’re vaccinated/protected, but worried about me being around you? So are you saying or in fear of catching some unknown “disease” from me, but wait a minute, YOU ARE VACCINATED, correct? IF...... said vaccine, actually does work, then WTF you worried about? You should be “untouchable” from whatever disease you think I may give you, BUT, there’s plenty of proof out there, that YOU do increase your chance of having some sort of issue after you get the vaccine, but when you do and can prove you didn’t have new issue, there’s nothing you can do about it, because the greedy ******* who designed or came up with the vaccine is legally protected. No no no, that’s not any sort of conflict of interest, RIGHT?
The stories of mostly healthy people going for regular check ups today, is absolutely mind boggling for me. So as we all grow older, the body changes with or without vaccines, correct? So John or Jane Doe goes to the doctor, been feeling “normal” for the past year, just going for routine checkup, doc says well we have bad news, you have this or that and to start immediately, wait what? Shouldn’t I have symptoms, or feel like crap 24/7, can’t eat, be losing weight, or not sleeping good? Patient has no major change but now of nowhere I need some type of treatment because I’m al most dead? GTFO!
So you’re telling me there’s a such a thing as a “one cure fixes all” for all humans but we are all made up differently? Rrrrriiiiigggghhhhhtttt........ unicorns are real too.

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do they use arms on the truck to get garbage in cans? Less potential contact maybe?

That could be argued, if looking hard enough for an excuse. Certainly nothing a face mask, gloves and safety glasses couldn't negate. Standard fair for many worksites. And this is outside with no one around. This C-19 thing will pass of course, will they then re-institute the service? Not a chance.

Posts: 2330 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The San Diego County Trash collections Companies suspended picking up yard waste for one week, then re-instituted the service a week later.

Last week they sent out phone voice messages to all their customers informing everyone that they will not pick up curb side trash bags, the trash must be in containers. Truck operators will not exit their vehicles to pick up trash bags. They are simply trying to protect their employees from any chance of exposure, plus it speeds up service.

Just folks trying to do the right thing.

Bob

Posts: 3074 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
...plus it speeds up service.

A bit of an oxymoron don't you think? Speed up service by reducing service?

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
"It speeds up service"

The notice from our trash collection Company was as follows:

"It's to reduce any possible exposure to the virus". They will not personally handle trash bags . Exiting the trucks to pick up bags takes more time, it's not to reduce service, it's about their health.

Sorry if their message wasn't clear.

Bob

DRR Trophy
Picture of 67 Goat
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't put all my faith in some magic vaccine fixing everything. How long has the flu vaccine been around? How long have they been modifying it and tinkering with it? Yet every year countless people get a flu shot and then somehow still get the flu. Scientists and doctors have been studying the common flu for over a hundred years. They have been studying the coronavirus for 6 months, don't hold your breath.

Posts: 18 | Location: Delray Beach, FL | Registered: May 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67 Goat:
I wouldn't put all my faith in some magic vaccine fixing everything. How long has the flu vaccine been around? How long have they been modifying it and tinkering with it? Yet every year countless people get a flu shot and then somehow still get the flu. Scientists and doctors have been studying the common flu for over a hundred years. They have been studying the coronavirus for 6 months, don't hold your breath.

I had flu 2 years ago. That was one of two times that I can ever remember being "that" sick. Flu shot every season since. Got flu in Feb of this year, was little more than a little bit of a sinus infection but I went to the DR anyway because I knew rona was beginning to make her rounds. Positive for flu, neg for the rona. Doc said keep your distance from everyone. No problem. I work in a big shop way off in a corner by myself. My closest neighbor is over a 1/4 mile away. GF is staying with her terminally ill mother. Only company I got is the cat and 4011-teen projects out in the shop. Oh and when there's a nice day off, go to the lake & snag dinner for the upcoming week.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
There is ZERO guarantee that there will EVER be a vaccine. Just another little factoid people don't seem to understand. There are many viruses that have no vaccine, the common cold being one. You see how effective the flu vaccines are so don't hang your hat on a vaccine making everything all great again. Anyone that does think this way could easily be set up for failure., And if it is a stipulation to getting the country reopened we will have far larger problems to be concerned with by then.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 985 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro_ET
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's less than 1 infection per 5000 people. Some pandemic.

The number of people infected is not the criteria used to determine pandemic.

Here are the phases to determine we are in a pandemic.

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and...nd-what-do-they-mean

Posts: 127 | Location: Div 3 | Registered: December 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Is it a lot harder to create a vaccine for a virus verses a flue? I almost died from Scarlet fever when I was a baby.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Is it a lot harder to create a vaccine for a virus verses a flue? I almost died from Scarlet fever when I was a baby.

Influenza is a virus also.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo