DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Cheating for points
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheating for points
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yea i know em both. Not suprising.

Posts: 9 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: September 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jamey2632:
Wideopen, they either sat in their cars ready to rush to be the first pair, or dragged ass to be last in the lanes. They did take a chance on their being odd numbers pulling in last, but it miraculously worked out.

It would hard for them to even find the line with a broken nose...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Couple of things here.
1. They should not be allowed to choose who they run 4 rounds in a row. The track should pull cards or some other system to get random pairings.

2. I would not ever take a dive for anyone. Now if one of my good friends was in the hunt for the Championship and I was lined up against him I would set it on kill and go for almost perfect package. Cut it a little closer than I normally would but I am never going to take a dive.

To me the real problem here is the track letting people choose who they race.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Really a runoff doesnt prove a real champ had he lost earler in the night hischances wouldve been gone. Makw no sense but with who is involved not suprising

Posts: 9 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: September 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
Couple of things here.
1. They should not be allowed to choose who they run 4 rounds in a row. The track should pull cards or some other system to get random pairings.

2. I would not ever take a dive for anyone. Now if one of my good friends was in the hunt for the Championship and I was lined up against him I would set it on kill and go for almost perfect package. Cut it a little closer than I normally would but I am never going to take a dive.

To me the real problem here is the track letting people choose who they race.

I agree 100%, but I just don't see any of this area's track operators bothering to do that. Their margins of profit on bracket racing is small to start with. Way too small to be worth increasing their effort to keep it. Just one more reason to step away from bracket racing and increase the test and tune dates. Or at least drop points racing.

As for the integrity point, this reminds of that old story about the old wealthy man and the princess. The old wealthy man asks the princess if she will have s*x with him for one billion dollars. She asks if he really means billion, with a "b"? He says yes, and she immediately says OK! Then he asks if she'll do it for $100. She backs up and asks if he thinks she is a wh*re?! He responds with "I have already established what you are , now we are just negotiating the price." Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It's an integrity issue, and certainly nothing I'd ever do but opponents taking dives for points forever. Do y'all not remember Warren and Kurt Johnson? Fans were booing like crazy. Kurt had a cardboard sign that said "I still have a job" or something like that. A certain racer from Georgia attempted to pay for opponents to take a dive in buy back rounds over every single B&M race for years. The funny thing is he never won a B&M Championship. We all watched that race after race. One weekend, after watching this for way too long myself, John (Bridges) Underwood and a few others almost wrecked some people to surround him in the lanes. He tried to pay me $500 to take a dive, and I was ahead of him in points. He got beat 1st and 2nd round that day. Buybacks were for 1st OR 2nd round. He tried to buy back after losing the 2nd time, but George Howard wouldn't let him.

(Promoters read this) I believe EVERY SINGLE ROUND, OF EVERY SINGLE RACE that isn't paired on a ladder should have someone pulling cards at the front of the lanes. Red card is lane 1, black card in lane 2, and so on. 2 red cards are pulled the 2 front cars in lane 1 run each other. Red and black cards, lane 1 car runs lane 2 car, 2 black cards, the front 2 cars in lane 2 run. High card get's lane choice. If 2 cards the same number pull tie breaker cards. It would not add any time to the races. It would eliminate 1 staging lane having twice as many cars as the other.
It would also force people to make their cars work in both lanes.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:

I agree 100%, but I just don't see any of this area's track operators bothering to do that. Their margins of profit on bracket racing is small to start with. Way too small to be worth increasing their effort to keep it. Just one more reason to step away from bracket racing and increase the test and tune dates. Or at least drop points racing.

I do not agree with that at all. If you want to permanent Test and Tune go for it.

Most of us race to win something of value to increase the reward. I am NOT one of those who believes in "Participation trophies" for all. We work hard, we probably spend more money on racing than we should and I want a reward for winning.

And I do not know of any track here in Texas or surrounding States that does not pull cards or run off a ladder in competition.

Do not know what track the original post was about but it is wrong for them to pick your opponents. That is why the original poster was complaining.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well big update boys! The runoff was today and the honest man won!! After ole cheater got to brag and be congratulated about being track champ now he’s gonna look like an even bigger jackass and my boy’s going to the world finals!

James Stringer

Posts: 36 | Location: Georgia | Registered: November 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
So would your boy be kevin

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Buckshot, yes sir!

James Stringer

Posts: 36 | Location: Georgia | Registered: November 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good for him. Great guy and family. Raced him several times at southeastern dragway. Well deserved

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I saw the results on the track's FB page. That was interesting that the IHRA stepped in and made them have a runoff.

Posts: 1461 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
never split a buyback huh ?

You should see the blank look I get when someone wants to split the buyback with me, and I tell them.... "I'll race you for it".... Big Grin

Of course, 1st round is my "money round"....win 1st round, I can't spend the buyback, money to me!

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1654 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clay Tyler:
I have seen this done through the years many times, and it is sad that anyone would even want to win that way!

I have too and have won a couple track championships despite the haters trying their best to make it not happen. Feels good to be on top after all that.

Posts: 106 | Location: Il,IL | Registered: March 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post