DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Cheating for points
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheating for points
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Never really thought I’d see this much but watched a guy throw at least 4 rounds at a local ihra track a few weeks ago.pretty disappointing that the track did nothing but ironically he’s a sponsor

James Stringer

Posts: 36 | Location: Georgia | Registered: November 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
He was ultimately reported by a lot of people and the ihra is having him and the second place guy have a runoff tomorrow. 1 time run and 1 race

James Stringer

Posts: 36 | Location: Georgia | Registered: November 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Please explain. One guy threw 4 rounds? To a single other opponent? I'm confused.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Anyone want to dumb this down for me? Perhaps a little translation?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Anyone want to dumb this down for me? Perhaps a little translation?

Following

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
First or second rd was a buyback rd.First rd He raced his buddy who’s car runs 6.40s. Ole boy dialed 7.00 and proceeded to run a 6.49. After that he literally ran his same double entered butt buddy for the next 3 rounds

James Stringer

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
His buddy proceeded to go red or blatantly broke out the next 3 rounds as they lined up together. Everybody at the track was livid

James Stringer

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Everybody at the track was livid

And you are the only guy talking about it? Name some names or it didn't happen. Just saying

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jamey2632:
His buddy proceeded to go red or blatantly broke out the next 3 rounds as they lined up together. Everybody at the track was livid

It's interesting when tracks allow folks to line up next to each other and don't chip or card.
Interesting too that a points race has double entries. Have not seen that.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Only one of his entries counted for points, and his buddy who took the fall for 3 rds was doubled but he wasn’t a points contender. And this happened at brainerd motor sports park in division 2

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It's not unusual for shenanigans to occur by those with no moral principles, in order to win a championship at the last race.

It's not cheating though. Your free to lose anytime you decide to lose, even on purpose.

It's not up to the institution - track to settle. It's up to the racers to stand up.

The racers who race this class just need to toss the guy who took the welfare freebies. They should say he don't even deserve a runoff, taking handouts.

The track is wrong to intervene.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The track manager needs to call a meeting of racers and state it's not his place, to do anything.

Ask the racers from all the classes what they want done about it. No runoff.

The track officials are wrong to intervene because it's everyone's right to pull in the lanes when, and however they choose to, and lose on purpose, if they choose. It's everyone's right.

Society shouldn't have to look to officials to solve everything.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Is this a 3 dragster family?

Posts: 522 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Phil it’s not the 3 dragster family. And I agree it’s not the tracks job. The guy who was doing it definitely got addressed by numerous other racers. Especially when he lined up against his butt buddy for the 3rd time at 10 cars.

James Stringer

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I understand throwing the buyback rds, but this was ridiculous. And the only reason ihra is doing a runoff is because it was determined that the previous guy in first place had a guy go red for him in second rd (a buyback rd) which I personally know the guy and he only did that after he realized first rd that the other guy was gonna play it that way.

James Stringer

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have seen this done through the years many times, and it is sad that anyone would even want to win that way!

Posts: 152 | Location: St.Louis | Registered: May 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Phil it’s not the 3 dragster family. And I agree it’s not the tracks job. The guy who was doing it definitely got addressed by numerous other racers. Especially when he lined up against his butt buddy for the 3rd time at 10 cars.

It's not the track's job to insure some integrity in the races that they hold? I'd say it's certainly going to affect the track's reputation.
I'm not sure how well I as a racer, can police a race that I am participating in. How the heck do I know what's going on in the front of the staging lanes or up on the racing surface, when I'm either in the pits or getting ready to make my run? Certainly I'm not going to be one of those guys who thinks they only lost and continue losing, because others continually cheat him out of wins.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

It's not the track's job to insure some integrity in the races that they hold? I'd say it's certainly going to affect the track's reputation.
I'm not sure how well I as a racer, can police a race that I am participating in. How the heck do I know what's going on in the front of the staging lanes or up on the racing surface, when I'm either in the pits or getting ready to make my run? Certainly I'm not going to be one of those guys who thinks they only lost and continue losing, because others continually cheat him out of wins.

It's up to you how you know, if you're slick you know what everyone can run from your pit without looking.

I was at the top of the hill 7 times on the last night of racing, we saw the same shenanigans once. Everyone came to me to point it out.

How did they know from their pit? They knew everything pertaining to the race, like any successful racer does.

Their idea was to pull up next to me and leave on nothing, once all four were on.

I declined because I didn't need any free handouts / welfare.

The racers from all classes at Brainard, just need to tell the guy taking the welfare free rides down the track, he ain't no champion.

He ain't champion, the racers just need to tell him. The track won't go against the racers on this.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You reap what you sow.

If ya want a track that is run like a third world chit hole, don't say anything.

It'll get worse.

Have a look around in this country.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
All for a $5K hawaiian vacation and a few free parts, if ur lucky.

Posts: 497 | Location: N/A | Registered: December 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post