DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Are you Working this week?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you Working this week?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
She gave them some of the masks my wife made and the were able to go to work.

Don't know if this would be valid for the health care industry or not. Just a thought.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have a 500,000 sq ft building to finish, by July 1. My Corporate office hasn’t told any of us to stay home, even though everyone in offices, are all working from home.
We pay the bills... so let them stay out !

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I quit working 2 years ago, wife is in food service and is still working regular shift.
Local paper has an article that the hospitals are accepting homemade masks and the Jo-Ann Craft stores have plans. They are making them out of cloth on sewing machines. many plans online for them.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Working this week,but not sure how much will get done. County is going to a stay put order friday at 5. They did make it fairly loose and construction is exempt.

Wife works for Hardware distributors and with me in being GC we are both still going.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
As an electrician in Colorado, construction is still working, thankfully....

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 158 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yup. Busy as could be too; and thankful for that. The competitors have closed up which left us and the one other place wide open.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Business as usual for us, with the exception of no students. We've been deemed an essential service so no changes for us otherwise.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Back to work this morning. Removed carpet from living room and going to put in oak hard wood flooring....getting trim painted on house as soon as I get paint and painter in the same place......I think NC went on some kind of lock down starting Monday but haven't seen any information on TV.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Here's the latest executive order from North Carolina:

https://files.nc.gov/governor/...-at-Home-Order-3.pdf

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5728 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
No, Im a retired old ****. Social distancing is great by me. I don't like most people. Wife says I'm anti-social, so.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm a nurse, so definitely no slow down for me. Most of our cases are cardiac, so they are not elective and must go on. Trying to finish our new house, so the no racing actually has helped me a little bit.

Posts: 1108 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ducky---I read a few pages and figured the ONLY thing I couldn't do was buy a gun. I can play golf and travel from one end of the state to the other looking for toilet paper and as long as I don't find any I can travel on. If I find it I can still drive home, even stop to pee if I want.....so much for restrictions. I visited 2 Lowes today and each looked like they were having a fire sale.....But we will stay put as much as we can.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern. I have several .22 revolvers if you want one. All High Standard Collector pieces.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I am retired, but ironically, I am working. I don't need the income, but I have been working a part time "McJob" to help out a couple of co workers and to get my cardio in without paying for a gym membership. They would love to have me full time, right now. I'm stocking produce at a local Harris Teeter grocery store. I'm now designated as "crucial". The irony just abounds. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nice Floyd--I have way to many and have been giving them to the kids....Had to move a bunch for this flooring project. This is a lot of work.....

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
My big truck repair business is deemed essential here in PA, so I am allowed to remain open. Business seems to have slowed down a little bit, but all that means to me is I turn down less work. Still going 7 days a week.

There sure are a LOT of folks out of work right now, and many are not getting paid. Gonna be a tough ride for a bunch of folks.....

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Mitch, i am glad your holding your own there. My Mobile Truck Road Service has about come to a halt. A lot of shops here have dropped a lot also.

Now they are stretching the payments 60 days plus.
Contract or no contract. I talked to another large shop. They are on the hook for some big $$ for towing and repairs.

Another friend just bought another 70 ton rotator. That's 2 new rotators in 2 years. I know he is have one of those HS moments now.
You do any FedEx?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
I do not do any FedEx, but there is a huge distribution center within a mile of one of my shops and a buddy of mine does all of their local delivery owner/operator vans. Pretty sure he is still busy with that end of his business.

As for net 60 stuff.....I am blessed to be in an area where trucks travel a lot, and there are a lot of companies based near here. Just like the small hunting industry business I have, I made it clear to everybody I do work for since day one that I don't give a darn what the "industry standard" is, I am not in the banking business, and nobody runs their business on my back. That said, I do have a few one truck operations that I have been carrying for a while. They are good folks that try hard, but just can't seem to turn the corner.

You could be killing it around here with a road service truck. I push probably 5-8 roadcalls onto other repair shops in the area every week.

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Interesting. My friend owns a truck repair shop here and as of yesterday he is turning away work and can't find any help----Go out on I 95 and 8 out of 10 are trucks

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
We are still working here at Specialty Fasteners. If any one is looking for fasteners or some racing hardware, check out our website. specialty-fasteners.com

Posts: 16 | Location: ontario | Registered: September 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post