DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of DMoore
posted Hide Post
quote:

- The trouble with Pro/Footbrake is they split the classes and it has hurt the car counts. They can even try this on select days as feelers with minimal amount of risk.

- Have posted incentives for the points funds before the season starts. Prizes, cash, etc. A gold card and pit spot are great for the Champ but how about everyone else?

- I'd pay a higher entry for better payout weekly but is that truly the root issue? If they get the car count up the issue rights itself.

Thanks,

Jim

A agree with this for sure.

Denny Moore
1968 Buick Skylark (10.27 @ 129)

Posts: 111 | Location: Cortland, Ohio | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DMoore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jstewart:
Hey Denny whats up? I did not get to go to banquet either i was in Hawaii but i do know they are are having a big bottom bulb race in August. STEWART

Hey Jeff
Hope you had a great relaxing time there. Someday i would love to vacation there.
I having been trying to decide what to get into on this, talked to Rick on the phone about it and just have to put the money together and send it to him.

Denny Moore
1968 Buick Skylark (10.27 @ 129)

Posts: 111 | Location: Cortland, Ohio | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
Here is a post I put on the AHRA websight.

American Hot Rod Association Forums :: General Discussion :: What's on your mind? :: Shame on you guys

Author Topic: Shame on you guys (Read 68 times)
pres

« Thread Started on Feb 21, 2010, 5:36pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was at the Quakercity Raceway Banquet this Saturday Feb. 20th and there was no representative for the AHRA there. I think you should have sent someone as there were alot of questions the racers had.
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

AHRA2
Administrator

« Reply #1 on Feb 21, 2010, 7:01pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It would of been very nice to be able to attend your banquet. Unfortnately we cant be everywhere all the time. We did receive a call from a Representitive of Quaker City inviting us and we informed them several weeks ago we would not be able to attend. Any questions that you and others may have can be addresed by calling us or emailing us at info@ahradragracing.com. Please keep in mind part of keeping the expenses down for you starts with keeping the expenses down for us.
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
hhhmmmmmmmmmm whatcha think about that?? Hum

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
hey guys, i like the email to the ahra, i mean do they relize where there at? quaker is the meat in the bun right now. ihra tracks all around us with the big bad nhra track to the north. my phone has not stopped ringing about the nostalgia race. more guys want to join that point series then the regular one. ahra needs to put up or shut up. fair is fair!!!!!!!!

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
John, I wasn't very happy with his answer. I figured an organization starting back up and looking for members and Quaker going on board, someone should of been there to talk about what it is all about. Missing

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Mros:
I figured an organization starting back up and looking for members and Quaker going on board, someone should of been there to talk about what it is all about. Missing

Perhaps they are working on getting 'their' race track up and running first.

http://www.thunderroadracewaypark.com/payout.html

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
hey wayne, i just don't know what to think. i tried to call ahra weeks ago and they never called back. i think there needs to be a meeting down there to try and fix some of the concernes everyone has. i think a bunch of drivers would attend. i don't know what to say. we all spend the same time, money and passion for the sport. i think something needs to happen very soon, or suspect drivers might scramble?

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
In all honesty, I think you guys are too critical of the AHRA. Put yourself in their shoes and look at how much they have to do. The AHRA does not appear to be a large group like the NHRA or IHRA, which by the way, how many times have they ever had someone at one of Quaker's banquets in the past?

Give it a chance. I think their answer was more than fair. If you have a question, they have numerous ways to contact them. They have always answered my questions within a reasonable period of time.

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I have liked what I have seen so far.

Finally, Mr. Yuk, how many times do you plan on changing the rules for Nostalgia this year? I need to know whether to keep my Nostalgia car or not.

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
perhaps your right. what do you mean about rule changes? pretty much stayed the same. added some classes and summit racing backing the first ever nostalgia points series. please call with your concernes. 330-652-3454

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Maybe Dan can write a letter to the racers and apologize to US for putting US thru all the hard times at the track.

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
mr yuck,rules..next time stand up!! Laughing who was that young non racing lady that told me to go race somewhere else???think her and the guy she was with won the 50/50?

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
prest have you talked to dan since the banquet?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
no why???should i?

Photobucket

DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
i take it your going elsewhere? just got of the phone jeff stewert. i tried to get your phone number.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
things dont change with payouts.then yes we will run elsewhere..

Photobucket

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
Remain Clam everything will be all right.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
Let's stick together as one team .

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Hey guys.... Not trying to start trouble but I really don't want to buy yet another cert and liscence. I know racing is expensive but you're talking a grand for me to have all three. What the HELL happened to a good time sport!! I wish Dan would have talked to us before switching... I mean I just bought a 3 year IHRA liscence. Still don't know what is going on.. I mean AHRA still does not have anything on there web site.. what are we supposed to think. Just my 2Cents.

Steve.. I think you are right about a little patience, but in the shoes everyone here that has a ton of money in these cars, we need organization NOW!!!! I mean it is MARCH!! I'm gonna race by the end of this month somewhere!!

gotta go
LJ

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post