DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goomba:
Shawn, What are you talking about? Or my pain med's are really working..

Helps when you take them orally!! I rule

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Shawn maybe he needs a place to store the unwanted junk! Eyes

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Shawn, I heard the same thing. Apparently Yuk has decided to change the breaks for the classes. Instead of 13.99 for pro and 11.99 for superpro, there are going to be height requirements. No one OVER 5'6" allowed to run pro and 5'9" for superpro. Only cars with booster seats allowed in Sportsman and the track will be sanctioned by the LGRP (Lollypop Guild Racing Association). Rolling

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Goomba
posted Hide Post
On TRP Web-site. Just so no one heads out there this weekend.

We will not be Open Saturday or Sunday
October 29th and 30th
We Will be Open on Saturday's in November for
Test and Tune Weather Permitting

Posts: 353 | Location: Chesterland Ohio | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of bracketgto
posted Hide Post
they said there not gonna open because of the halloween classic . think he said they got three weeks in november last year.

Posts: 395 | Location: ohio | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
Pink,Green and Culp....You 3 bozo's are messed up! You must be dippin into Goomba's Meds!

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
On a serious note..I have posted on the forum and expressed my opinion of Greg Miller based on my last interaction with him at PRP when he was GM there. It was less than pleasant, personal or professional. I kept an open mind when he took over the track. The time efficiency with Greg was not that great however, once he did get the program started it went very well. He could be rough around the edges but his people skill had improved and was tolerable.

I would say that overall the success of 2011 season was a 110% turn around from top to bottom at the track. The track operation started very late as we all know. Basically an operation that was built from scratch. Greg brought in a very respectable program and provided a good surface to race on for what he had to work with.

The weather is not something any track can control. I know it was new for some to sit for hours while the track waited to run and even try to dry only to end up rained out. That is an effort of the track not only by purchasing equipment to do the job but also trying to make a race happen for everyone. I can tell you that I have sat at Norwalk for a half a day or longer watching Bader make the same attempt.

The payout and race structure this year was fantastic. There were more juniors that were in and out this year and it seemed like TCR was picking up a car or 2 which helps to bring in future racers. The year end prizes were very respectable and the best the track has seen in many, many years. On top of that, you knew it was going to be paid at year end. If there is anyone that thinks that the class structure or payout structure was wrong or not the right choice apparently is a person that gets frustrated by not being able to count the cars in their class on their hands and feet or didn't like the extra rounds brought by new competitors. It's been a decade or so since this track has seen car counts like we saw this year. If people still think that the payout structure and class structure of year past is the way to go should be reminded of the car counts at the track or lack of starting from 2006 on as well as the struggles of other local tracks paying on car count.

Sorry to rant but personally I think Greg did deserve a fair shot at a season that he had more time to plan. We all know the pros and cons that were there but the pros that came for the points racers and regulars have far exceeded the cons.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of bracketgto
posted Hide Post
very well put shawn! I only made it there once this summer . But have been planing to make it a regular event next summer. And the night I showed up was one where we sat and sat waiting for the water to stop comming up threw the track. But they did a great job keeping you informed of progress. shame when we did get started it got rained out in round 2. lol But I will be back . So lets hope they keep the path they started.
Roger

Posts: 395 | Location: ohio | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
Pink,

Hope your back is better by now. My only complaint is the starting time. Waiting until 3pm to start TT is too late. I ran at Quaker 4 times this season not counting the Halloween race this past weekend.
Look at my 1st TT and Rd 1 times:
June 4 (TT-3:57pm, Rd 1-10:36pm-rain delay) July 9(TT-5:03PM,Rd1-8:50pm),
July 30(TT-4:20pm, Rd1-9:40pm)
Sept 10 (TT-2:40pm, Rd1-8:00pm early start time this race)
I think you could start the juniors at 10am, get them over by noon-1pm. Bring big cars to the lanes at 1pm for TT. Round 1 should start promptly at 6pm. If you only get 1 TT, then that's all you get. Many times at Norwalk you only get 1 TT. Guess I'm just getting too old to lose Rd 1 at 9pm or Rd 2 at 11pm load and tow over an hour and get home at 1:30am. Most rounds I went this year was on July 9th. Lost Rd 3 at 11:14pm, got home at 1:45am. Also believe spectators that show up would like to see the finish of a race. Wouldn't starting earlier would save on the electric bill? Just my opinion on the starting times. If the car count would hurt starting earlier, then I guess you start later.Overall the track was really good, purse structure was fine, staff worked their *ss off. Looking forward to next year, hope to get out more, but sure wish start times would move up a couple of hours. Just my opinion and I'm only 1 guy.

Bob Jackson
xx78 Altered

Posts: 715 | Location: canton, ohio usa | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of dragracer862
posted Hide Post
I raced out there a lot this year and i have to say i thought it was great, the pay out was good the track was well prep'ed every weekend there was some good competition somebody different was winning everyweekend unlike the last few years, the improvements were fabulous, it did seem like there was alot of downtime but most times it was because of the water coming up through the track or break downs which cant be avoided, i like the fact that the new management was concerned with these issues, how many times in the past years did we run with water, oil, glass ect on the track? several times there was anti-freeze out there and they didnt bother to check it out until after someone crashed i dont mind down time when it comes to safety. I cant say enough about the staff they really worked hard all season and the place looked great all year too, total turn around from last year... cant say enough good things about the place hope it stays this way

Posts: 10 | Location: Rootstown Oh | Registered: September 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Agree on the time delay, Bob. It did get better was the year went but 3 pm means just that and when you have 250+ cars consistently you either need to get it going early or on time without delays during time runs.

On your car, there are a lot of cars out there making more power and 60's 1.0x's without issue. I know you are fighting no suspension but when I was watching your ride, you got entirely way too much nose weight in that car this weekend. It was unloading the tires as the weight was not staying on the rear. 75lbs is just too much. I would try 30 to start and add 5 at a time. You may need more or less for different tracks.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
Thanks Shawn, always good to have a experienced set of eyes watching the launch. Long off-season for me. Will work the nose weight issue. I agree on the other cars with more hp, my 60' time against Kobl in Rd 1 Sunday was 1.16, best all with that weight. Also lowered the rear tire pressure to 5.0 per Bill Prest suggestion. Car seemed to launch fairly well, but I agree the tires unlaoded a couple of times. Take care.

Posts: 715 | Location: canton, ohio usa | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
We will get together this winter when you are working on the car, Bob. We will get that thing figured all out.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Whatever roll Greg Miller does, or does not play with the track for 2012, there needs to be some changes to better accommodate the Street Car Crowd. Quaker went from being one of the best tracks for Street Cars in 2010 to being the worst in 2011, and they lost many racers because of this. The track has a golden opportunity to bring back enough Street Cars to warrant an additional night of racing to bring in more revenue if things are modified for next year.

Posts: 10 | Location: Harmony PA | Registered: October 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of bracketgto
posted Hide Post
Ok got a question . Why do you guys in street feel your getting shorted? You have a class to run on the nights there open just like top and mod.
Norm has decided to be open friday ,saturday and some sundays. He has another buisness to run and im sure on nights there not open. He is still doing work for the track. Do you really feel you warrant a extra night of workers, track prep , insurance a ambulance and lighting?
This is not a attack on you and I have seen a couple people say the same thing about the street class that you just did. And I wondered why you feel this way.
Just enter the class on the nights they run and be happy WE have a track this nice and a owner trying to move forward on inprovments. The more cars that show up street cars or others will only help him which may lead to another night of racing in the future.
just my 2 cents
Roger

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gkeeton:
Quaker went from being one of the best tracks for Street Cars in 2010 to being the worst in 2011, and they lost many racers because of this.

In 2010 all the real race cars had left the property. In 2011 the track saw record car counts...and they didn't have street tires on them.

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Goomba
posted Hide Post
Ok, The Doctor's told me to look out for depression after I was on a respirator. They said it is very common after a big surgery like I had. They called it sleep head... I say B/S.. I call it 2 more weeks till I can drive and start rehab. Redrum, Redrum, Redrum.
Just call me Jack.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Banging Head Banging Head

Posts: 353 | Location: Chesterland Ohio | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bracketgto:
Ok got a question . Why do you guys in street feel your getting shorted? You have a class to run on the nights there open just like top and mod.
Norm has decided to be open friday ,saturday and some sundays. He has another buisness to run and im sure on nights there not open. He is still doing work for the track. Do you really feel you warrant a extra night of workers, track prep , insurance a ambulance and lighting?
This is not a attack on you and I have seen a couple people say the same thing about the street class that you just did. And I wondered why you feel this way.
Just enter the class on the nights they run and be happy WE have a track this nice and a owner trying to move forward on inprovments. The more cars that show up street cars or others will only help him which may lead to another night of racing in the future.
just my 2 cents
Roger

That's just it, there wasn't a class for them to run in on Friday Nights. I don't care how many people say they'll race their 15 second Street Car against a 7 second Dragster with a Delay Box, people want to race cars they feel they're competitive against. Just like when the Street Car Class Guys were upset at the end of the year when the Street Class was eliminated during the Saturday Program, and were thrown into No Box. How many people do you think the track would piss off if they only had ONE class, and everyone ran with the Box Cars? Yes, the Street Cars could run in the No Box Class, but just as a Box Car has an advantage over a No Box Car, most of the Box Cars are Race Cars, and have an advantage over a Street Car. How many times do you think someone wanting to get involved in racing with their Street Car is going to line up against someone with a Race Car, thats in some cases 7 seconds quicker at double the speed with a driver that's been racing for ten years longer than them? Then once they get eliminated in the first round after paying $35, they have to pay another $20 if they want to make any more passes in the TNT lanes. Last year there was a Thursday TNT night with a Trophy Class, and for $20 you could get between 8-12 passes. Then the Friday Night Program HAD a Street Class, and for $25 you could race, then enter the TNT lanes for FREE, like every other track I know of. If nothing changes for 2012 there won't be more Street Cars to lead to another night of racing because they will be racing at other tracks. It's only if there is a Street Class added to Friday Night, and the additional TNT fee is waived will they start to bring back some of the Street Cars they've lost.

Posts: 10 | Location: Harmony PA | Registered: October 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of bracketgto
posted Hide Post
Why wouldnt you have been in NO BOX on friday night?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qcmpobsrvr:
In 2010 all the real race cars had left the property. In 2011 the track saw record car counts...and they didn't have street tires on them.

I guess you don't care a whole lot about having a track to race at in the future. The novelty of a new track owner has worn off, and if the track is resurfaced, that novelty will wear off as well. If you think the track will be getting all of their new racers from people running out, and buying tow rigs, and Race Cars, you're pretty stupid. There's a hell of a lot more people wanting to get started in racing that would be willing to take the car they drive to work to the track. If you don't have any way to keep those new racers, that get discouraged easily, by having a class for them to race, you're not bringing in new racers. It's great that the track has had record attendance, but what if that's all they're going to get with attendance decreaseing when new racers don't fill the spots of those that "retire"? I drove 1800+ miles to race at OTHER tracks this year partly due to my displeasure of the changes made in 2011. That's roughly $300 that went into my gas tank, that WOULD HAVE gone into gate fees at Quaker, and I am by no means in the minority. Do the math, if just 10 other racers had the same situation, thats $3000 the track lost, not to mention racers that may NEVER come back. If a few changes are made to better accomodate the Street Cars, the track could easily increase their attendance by 50 to 100 cars WEEKLY. It's pretty sad too beacause the Street Car Crowd is probably the easiest to please, requiring a cheap entrance fee, and small, if any payout. If Mr Fox isn't interested in 50 to 100 more racers to add to his attendance, and possibly create another night of racing were he could possibly get even more, he's a pretty poor business man.