DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Cook E how many times did you show up to support us this year? I can't recall your car in the lanes. Sponsors sign a season long agreement. I certainly hope someone was smart enough to make the season agreement April-October and not just points races.

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I will agree that it sucks but when you look at some of the upcoming events at other tracks and see what happens to attendace at quaker when those events are happening then you might get a bit of an idea why.
Stregnth in numbers is a better way to argue this but ofcourse the weather is going to whipe this weekend out then next weekend is the 3-10s at PRP which will pull some racers away then it is the team finals then nobox at norwalk. I will be there tomorrow if the weather holds but I can't argue the payout by myself.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
Hank, i mean Bill your almost right, this was not a decision made by Greg. He was totally against the new start time and payout changes. He has been a racer long enough as many of you to know this is not a wise thing to do during the season. As mentioned before by someone on here, seems a few racers has the Owners ear and put these good thoughts into him. Greg was told to make the change and had no choice but to do it. For those that are unhappy with the change let the owner know of your thoughts about the changes.

Posts: 177 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of COOK E
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qcmpobsrvr:
Hey Cook E how many times did you show up to support us this year? I can't recall your car in the lanes. Sponsors sign a season long agreement. I certainly hope someone was smart enough to make the season agreement April-October and not just points races.

Hey its only my guess. It would only seem logical to me. So I guess I should ask, Last Year, and the previous few years( since I was never there those years, along with alot of other racers) how long of an agreement did those sponsors sign? Oh thats right, I dont recall ever seeing other than a PRO Rated payout, and NO sponsors, very similar to what my Local track is now.
AS far as how many times I visited QCMP this year?- 4, but not with my car as I took the season off with hopes of selling it in hopes of building anew car that would fit the Rules of the Renegades Racing Association but , since a deal was never finalized, thats not going to happen, and will be doing some major updating to my car, and at this point, I have every intention in joining you guys next season for points- the late start times work great for those who have to work vs a 4pm start time at the local place.
We came to the 1st race back in May, which was rained out before 1st rd was completed after a 4 hour delay just to start- not the mgmt fault or racers, and was still impressed with changes I was seeing, impressed enough that we still had a great time. Then the UMTR which was Sunshined OUT, the UMTR race in July(325 cars that night), and then the night the Renegades were there(another packed, late night). Each time there, from the time we pulled in to the gate to the time we left- the track staff, and all the racers were great, making us feeling welcome and wanting to come back. As a crew and spectator, I havent had much fun and enjoyable time in a bracket in a long time... probably since back in the day when NRP and its crew were #1...
You probably could say that, me, personally I am a bit jealous that this track isnt like the one that is 10 minutes away...cause the that is, really reminds me of the way this place used to be... I had never been a fan of the old QCR,...

qcmpobsrvr you need to let me know what your car is yours next near, as mine will be looking a bit different from the avatar... I will come introduce my self to you so you know when im there... I know there is plenty of QCMP regulars who know who I am... See YOU next year...

By the way, prior to last year, when was the last time that QC had car counts of 250- 325 on a regular bracket deal???

Posts: 104 | Location: PAINESVILLE OH | Registered: June 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well the purse got upped so you better show up!

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
Since the purse has been increased, I guess that means the lanes should be full tomorrow. No reason to complain now!

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So how did the car count turn out yesterday ?

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I didn't get a chance to count cars but it wasn't the usual turnout and if I was guessing I would say 75-100 somewhere in there. The weather made it real tuff not to turn around and go home on the way there after driving through some down pours.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
mother nature won again!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
not worthyyour welcome
quote:
Originally posted by 06vistabluegt:
Since the purse has been increased, I guess that means the lanes should be full tomorrow. No reason to complain now!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
Just curious about the amount of the split after Rd.1 rainout? Nothing like getting to the track at 11am and losing (blowing the tires off) Rd. 1 at 8pm !
Still better that sitting at home I guess...

Posts: 715 | Location: canton, ohio usa | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
you better get that car some new tires bob,thats 2 tracks that you have blown the tires off at..i hooked up fine,steven wiech went 1.06 60 ft bout same time you were blowing em off!!jmo.and it was $25.00 split.

Photobucket

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I am wondering if too much nose weight and it is upsetting the chassis? I wonder if the front end is snapping up and down hard and not carrying the wheels out. I would take 10 lbs off and try it.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
Seems to happen only later in the day. Saturday at Quaker 1st tt 60' was 1.173, 2nd was 1.165... BP: Tires have approx. 125 passes, maybe time for new. Pink: Might be right, it did seem to spin a little on the 2 TT. But it flat out hooks at Magnolia during daylight: Here are the 60' numbers at Mag since adding weight: 1.168,1.168,1.172,1.167,1.156,1.160,1.165 then the 1.511 at night. Maybe raise wheelie bars a bit and let it carry. I also wonder if the bars are actually lifting the wheels off the pavement somewhat when fully loaded. Who knows, thanks for the opinions.
Sure got wet quick didn't it ! Would have been nice if Quaker had a radar in the tower before calling you guys to the lanes for Top.

Posts: 715 | Location: canton, ohio usa | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Bob here is something to think about, when the sun goes down it normally gets cooler out and the air gets better so maybe you are on the edge of your chassis setup and the extra power at night is upsetting it. I used to experience tire shake at night when the air got good and would feel it when the wheelie bars bottomed out on the springs.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Green,

I have that problem too....Too much power at night and on the edge of my suspension Rolling

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Green... the only springs Bob has on his ride are wheelie bar springs. It is a rigid chassis.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Exactly Shawn, those are the springs I was talking about.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Culp I thought you was on the edge of your probation! Eyes

DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
I remember what an old timer told me one day. He said don't worry about it just "wind it up and run the beach!" Sounds like a plan! If the weight comes off, then it all comes off and we know what happens next. Slicks are a off season purchase as are longer wheelie bars. Only taking car out 2-3 more times this season anyway. It is what it is, a ride that is deadly when it hooks and goes straight. When it doesn't, then the show begins ! Big Grin