DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andamo:
Could it be that once the points chase is over and traditionally the car count falls off after Labor Day, it makes better business sense on the tracks part to cut the purse ? I think the racers have to realize it's been a very expensive year for Norm this year.

Exactly.

If you go by Greg's numbers, it costs $600/hr to have the place open. If the car count was truly 65 cars (seemed like less than that to me)and assume the average admission is $35 (probably lower once you average in Street, Bikes, TCR and Jr's. Then the gate was approximately $2275. Now, gates opened at 9am so lets assume that no employees started before 9am. I believe the event was over somewhere around 5pm. That's 8 hours at $600 per. That's $4800 in expenses alone. The gate didn't even come close to covering expenses. Now you want a full payout of 3 big car classes? I think we were lucky they didn't just give us our money back and tell us to go home.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
With Norwalk having the 10 Grander and points being done it was going to be a low car count. I would imagine that 50% or better of the Top class was at Norwalk with a couple of the modified guys as well. Throw in the temps and a holiday weekend before school starts to the mix and you are just adding to a low car count weekend. Read the Thompson forum or how about any post dated 2010 and earlier from this thread to see how well the track survived on this payout and the famous mid season changes.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The early start really doesnt bother us jr's or TCR but I can see where it does effect the big cars. I understand the holiday weekend and the tens but from the previous week to lose atleast 250 cars, really. I know I have heard a small group of racers whinning about the late nights but what do you expect from a car count like they have been getting. You have the same group whinning to Norm as you did Dan and look where that ended up with the winning changes. It is a business, some dont like the late start, but imo it sure did not hurt the car count. If you stick with this schedule you may make 50 people happy but I am sure you will screw over more than that by not being able to race. Think business instead of trying to base decisions off of the few.
As a question, does anyone know of another track that faired as well in car count as QCMP besides Norwalk?
I really hate to see the track make so much progress in such a short period of time and it get damaged by bad decision making. Your car count does fall off after points but not 250 cars nor half of your car count. I know alot of Thompson guys stated they was coming over to QCMP after they seen the changes and are tired of the BS out there. Might change minds with an earlier start.
If you weigh it out and really think this thru, a group of guys complaining of the late start but they still come, a larger group likes the late start and they still come, change the start time make the small group happy and make it so the larger group cannot participate, lose money. Also, what about spectators, after the jr's are finished, My daughter goes and plays with her friends (no bikes or quads) and I sit and watch the races, hardly anyone there till 6 then they start coming in, early start times no spectators, more loss of money. I am just stating what I observe and everyone is entitled to their opinion and I know racers want changes that benifit themselves the best but think about the business, if these changes are not for the best who is to say the track wont relapse do to not making enough money and then things start going away, employees, traction, etc. Are sport is already suffering, dont try fixing a good problem Quaker has, if you was not getting cars then try something different.
Just a suggestion, maybe put a poll on track website if it is to hard for people to see the bad change and the damage it may cause.

I know people may not agree and are more than likely going to make negative post out of this but think about the business and keeping a nice track to call home.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rich78,

Posts: 23 | Location: Elyria, Ohio | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Look at it this way, last weekend was only one day and a hot one at that also no points.Don't judge it by one bad day. I may not be out some days now because they aren't running for points any more and I am currently unemployed plus there are some big money races elsewhere, but it won't be because of the early start or less payout(I never made it far enough for payout to matter).

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Do you guys think ending points in August will have a big impact? How many racers will hang it up for the season?

What is the average car count on days there are not special events like UMTRA or RRA?

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Shawn ending points will hurt car count anytime and when the weather forcast was as hot as it was I wouldn't have been there if it wasn't the ten grand nats and no points. It makes it easier to stay home on days like saturday when no points are involved. The economy will dictate alot of it also,which is why I only raced a couple times other than points days and didn't come to any friday night stuff.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Had to be at least 50 of your Top racers at Norwalks 10's. A handfull of Mod guys were there too. Dont even try to argue about any of those racers decision! What happened to the other 75 to 80 Mod guys? Where were the street and Bike entries? This was your day to carry the track!

When points are over the car count always falls off some, but this is incredible.

Why stop the payout at 55 cars? Lets map it out up to about 150 or so. That way if alot of cars do show up it is a decent purse.

I dont think the idea of running a 8 or 9 rd. race for $600 is high on anyones list.

To answer Rich's question. I firmly believe that QCMP was putting a dent into Norwalks car count! Most of the QCMP racers had came back to racing at home instead of traveling up there.I talked to some Mags people last weekend. They asked where all there racers had gone, I said QCMP, its packed every week!

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of ExoticFab5018
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 27Keith:

Why stop the payout at 55 cars? Lets map it out up to about 150 or so. That way if alot of cars do show up it is a decent purse.

I dont think the idea of running a 8 or 9 rd. race for $600 is high on anyones list.

X2

I just posted somthing similar to that on the qcmp website keith. Why are 55 cars combined the top of the list? There will be 150 at least there this saturday I bet if it dosent rain.

Posts: 123 | Location: Hubbard,OH | Registered: June 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of COOK E
posted Hide Post
my guess is that the purse is put up and paid either partly or in full by the class sponsers... now that their season is over their obligation is over and now it is to be paid out of gate $$$. track needs to still bring $$ to operate also... dont ruin it for next year guys...

Posts: 104 | Location: PAINESVILLE OH | Registered: June 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The only thing I can say is everybody show up and then you can argue the purse when you got 150 plus racers there.

DRR Trophy
Picture of COOK E
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
The only thing I can say is everybody show up and then you can argue the purse when you got 150 plus racers there.
excatly !

Posts: 104 | Location: PAINESVILLE OH | Registered: June 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by COOK E:
quote:
excatly !

X2

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
"Entry is $35. Payout will be as follows
15-24 Cars = $250 Win, $100 R/U
25-34 Cars = $300 Win, $125 R/U, $50 Semis.
35-44 Cars = $350 Win, $150 R/U, $50 Semis
45-54 Cars = $500 Win, $150 R/U, $75 Semis, $10 round money, starting 2nd round WIN.
55 or MORE Cars = $600 Win, $200 R/U, $75 Semis, $10 round money, starting 2nd round WIN.
This Payout structure is based on combined car count. We will have Box seperated from No Box until there is only 1 car remaining in either class, which ever class gets down to one car left, that person MAY be combined in early with the other class to finish the race depending on rounds left. If only 1 or 2 rounds left that car will wait till final."

Who let bucky the wabbit back???? WTF!!!! This seems a little drastic after one bad weekend...95 degrees, holiday weekend, several big races going on for the labor day weekend....not sure what prompted this but with the large car counts this year, I bet this will reduce the numbers to less than half of what they were getting....

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
so when i go to my local ice cream stand tonight.and pay my normal fee and only get 1/2..i should be happy because its the end of ice cream season huh? Hum

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
First you must make it to the front of the line before you get ice cream! Then they may be out of your flavor by the time you get to the front!
You can always go someplace else where they give you more ice cream but only to the last man standing.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
Be happy we do a hobby that gives you the opportunity to get some money. I used to be big into boating/fishing. Sure it's fun but I spent more on gas than I do now with no opportunity to make any money back.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of tom cowle
posted Hide Post
The RENEGADE RACING ASSOCIATION is looking a few good recruits to race in our series...

Check out our website www.renegaderacingassociation.com for details...

When we raced at QCMP we noticed quite a few cars that would fit our classes, some as they sit others just need a few tweeks. Come on out and give some heads-up, no electronics a try.

We offer great incentives and awesome payouts, as well as racing with some of the nicest guys you'll meet anywhere (the yellowbullet talk is often a smokescreen)

Our next race is September 17th at Thompson Raceway Park, we are paired with the ASPHALT WARS program so it will be agreat night of racing.

Renegade Racing Association - Street car Outlaw Limited Street, 8.90/9.90/10.50 Index Racing

SPONSORS
http://www.ultratechracecars.com/, http://www.goodyear.com/, Skippy Did It Race Cars, http://tidyno.com/, JOHNBOY PHOTOGRAPHY, http://chumleymotorsportsohio.com/, http://www.cpautographics.com/...eythompsontires.com/

http://renegaderacingassociation.com/

Posts: 201 | Location: Geneva, Ohio, USA | Registered: March 09, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of ExoticFab5018
posted Hide Post
quote:

Am I missing something or hasnt there been 150+ cars there every week? (Minus last weekend)

Posts: 123 | Location: Hubbard,OH | Registered: June 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
have we had a recent managment change or something?just doesnt seem like the track managers way of thinking..just asking. Hum

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of COOK E
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by COOK E:
my guess is that the purse is put up and paid either partly or in full by the class sponsers... now that their season is over their obligation is over and now it is to be paid out of gate $$$. track needs to still bring $$ to operate also... dont ruin it for next year guys...
might reread this