DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    stereo for trailer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

stereo for trailer
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Wondering what you guys are using for intraler raidio/ stereo. Can go 12v easy enough,just have to throw chrage to battery some.

Already wired for in/outside speakers. Guess a 110v would work since 99% of time either generator or huse power. Thinking my old ho,e system bit much.LOL

What is supplying track info and tunes in your pits?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4405 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I have a 110 volt bookshelf system. I wouldn’t do it again. Car stereo is the way to go. Better reception, don’t need to plug it in/generator.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3202 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I use an Ion BlockRocker radio. It is 110 but has battery and goes a very long time on battery. Been running it for about 10 years. Also has USB ports and Bluetooth. So can run my Sirius XM radio and charge my phone.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DLR
posted Hide Post
I installed an older GM truck radio. It has knobs instead of fumbling thru menus to tune in a station. Simple but fills my needs.

Posts: 473 | Location: BENTON HARBOR, MI | Registered: August 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
All depends on what your desire is. If you want to play pandora all day or play lists saved on your phone and are not worried about catching actual AM/FM radio stations, then a portable radio with usb style charger and blue tooth to your cell phone is the way to go. If you want an actual radio to catch radio stations plus have blue tooth option, then an automotive style 12V radio would be my choice.

Posts: 425 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If I had it to do over again I would get one with knobs for tuning. Mine is a pain and I have to remind myself how to set it to manual tune so I can find the track radio station.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5328 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
yea should have specofied n eed.

AM/FM
CD Player
guess usb and bluetooth has use not sure what
Probably pre outs for amp
Good power for speaker to operate good
If can pick up track system and have some good rock when not cocerned about track info. I am good.

Leaning toward 12v easiest moderate price. Just have to boost trailer battery which is sim-ple enough either unplug car plug in trailer.oh yea change back to 12v on charger. Guess a trickle charger connected to generator would work too.

12v can be out fitted fairly cheap and more compact.That is big bonus.Plus could steal one out of my Panel truck and upgrade it with new system.

110 only issue is generator required and running 99% of the time anyway and when at home on house line. Since using as shop most of time and work n car a lot even if not running and it needing it. 12v be pain w/o trickle charger here.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4405 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I am out in the country or driving long distances so local radio stations are useless to me.
Sirius XM has been really nice, no 8 minute long commercial marathons to get to 5 minutes of music. And I get it all over the Country and many choices in the music.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post