DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Racepak problems again....AFR4
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Racepak problems again....AFR4
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
OK folks hopefully someome smarter than me can be of help. I recently put 2 AFR4 controllers in my car. I preformed all the set up and configuration for the modules. Sent that configuration to the V300. When I open the car config file they all show up as added. I can run telemetry and they all show up and function fine. However they will not record on a run. I have reloaded the config file a few times and removed and reinstalled everything but still only get telemetry and the do not show up on a recorded run. Not even on the screen. Any help is appreciated

couple pics here is the V300 config

data capture from telemetry

data capture from a recorded run, note the AFR channels do not appear at all..

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Are you saving the config file after you do a read?

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1517 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I remember having issues with mine until I remembered to turn on the heaters first for a few minutes and then it worked fine.

Posts: 294 | Location: New Milford, CT USA | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
Are you saving the config file after you do a read?

Yes I am. Never seen or heard of this issue before why I am here asking Smile

These two boxes go solid red in approx 30 seconds for these to work. I record off of RPM which is set low just for that reason. I record for 6 minutes if need be as well. When I had individual O2's that worked just fine and does on the heads up car as well.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
We need Greg Kelley to chime in

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1517 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Usually, if a channel shows up in telemetry but not in a data log it's a loose v-net cable/connection to that item.

I'd recommend changing your log trigger back to the button (or to voltage > 10) to get some recordings first with the engine not running and then with the engine running.

I'd like to see if it only drops those channels when the engine is running or what.

Also, how old are the AF controllers - do they use the round sensor plug or the rectangular one?

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Rectangle plugs Smile Its all fixed now no idea exactly what did it but needless to say its working. I just cleared all of it out from the laptop and started over. Now everything works great and records. Oh yeah I also rearranged the "stack" of vnet cables. We have had the non record issue on the vette before with one AFR4 not recording and unplugging and plugging it in fixed it?!?

Marcus Tullius Cicero