New
Find
Notify
Tools

Summit Canopy
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
I need to replace the 8X8 pop up canopy I've been using for the past few years so I Googled Summit Racing and saw they sell a 10X10. The other canopy I saw was a 12 X 12 Master Canopy sold through Amazon.I wondered if anyone has purchased one of these and if so how did it work out? I'm a one (82 year old) man operation so if it takes more than one person to set it up this won't work for me. I am sort of leaning toward the 12 X 12 Master Canopy unit.

Any input/suggestions would be appreciated. I don't mind paying more for a better canopy so within reason, price isn't an issue.

Thanks!

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Bob,

IMO, the 12 x 12 is the way to go; of course, it's heavier! Look at the Coleman, it's the best pop-up canopy I have used.

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Bob, check out https://www.eurmax.com/ The have 3 levels of quality, standard., premium and pro. I have 2 of the premium canopy's a 10x20 and a 10x10 and they are really good quality and reasonably priced plus they are in SoCal so that should help you

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve:

I looked at the Eurmax Pro 10X15 for just $589, including freight, I'll probably still need to pay the California sales tax. This is the one I am that I've been looking for, thanks for the lead. Solid structure with a number of features that appealed to me, so I'm going to buy one next month. Not certain that I can set it up myself so I plan on taking a spare $20 to pay someone for helping. My wife said she's not willing to do it for $20, she wants $100 plus an expensive dinner at a high dollar restaurant.

Next season I want to drain my savings account and attend a high dollar bracket event, maybe the Spring Fling at Vegas. My LODRS days are over.

Thanks again Steve.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I have set my 10x20 up by myself, defiantly not the preferred method but I have done it

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
The summit is nice piece,A/fuel team I work with has two they now use for eating area and have been using for 6 years for car before getting new big traler mount. If had extra to spend I would have bought one.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I have a 10' x 10' EZ-Up, paid extra for aluminum (much lighter) and I have no issues setting it up and taking it down alone at age 60 now. It has lasted me since 2004 with only one replacement canvas - no other repairs needed. Like everything else, you get what you pay for.

That said, more often than not, another racer will see me setting it up alone and run over to help. I'd be astonished if you had to pay anyone to help you set up, unless you buy one that's like a jigsaw puzzle.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike:

The one I am going to buy is a EurMax 10 X 15 Premium Series, I believe it weighs 51 pounds. The reviews all stated that it took two people to set it up. At my age (82) it's a factor I needed to consider. I currently have a 8 X 8 EZ Up unfortunately it's too small to adequately cover my roadster so I'm hoping the 10 X 15 will do a better job.

The other option is to spend a lot of money and buy a Gerard electric awning for the trailer, the last quote I got on one of them was a little north of $5,000. Maybe I should buy a few lottery tickets and hope for the best.

Bob

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
pick me up cpl of those tickets if get a half way winner will be better than I do.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Bob, check out https://www.eurmax.com/ The have 3 levels of quality, standard., premium and pro. I have 2 of the premium canopy's a 10x20 and a 10x10 and they are really good quality and reasonably priced plus they are in SoCal so that should help you

X2, eurmax is a good one

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I can see how 10' x 15' would be more difficult to handle than 10' x 10', for sure.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
quote:
12 X 12 Master Canopy unit.

I got the 13 x 13 from costco, If your at Barona this weekend I'll let you come over and set up for me to test it.

https://www.coleman.com/tents-...opy/SAP_2157498.html

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 240 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Bob,

IMO, the 12 x 12 is the way to go; of course, it's heavier! Look at the Coleman, it's the best pop-up canopy I have used.

2BKING

I have had the same one for a few years and use it every weekend at softball tourneys. Its really well built

Relaxing

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted September 08, 2023 01:16 PM Hide Post
quote:
12 X 12 Master Canopy unit.

I got the 13 x 13 from costco, If your at Barona this weekend I'll let you come over and set up for me to test it.

https://www.coleman.com/tents-...opy/SAP_2157498.html

I wasn't planning on going to Barona but honestly Jerry I just can't pass up the opportunity, and fun, of setting up a 13 X 13 canopy.

I'll be there early Saturday morning unless you go Friday night, if you do call me, Norma says I need the cardio workout.

Bob

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Years ago I bought a 10 X 20 permanent canopy that is still standing and in perfect shape, it sits behind my trailer. I roll the car out of the trailer and have immediate shade. The last time I set it up was in the late 90's. Oddly enough I never took it down and it still looks great. This has a perforated canopy top, it blocks most of the light, some of the rain but provides enough shade to work under. The wind never effected the perforated top, never tried to lift it off the base.

Bob

DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
Bob

I heard you called on my lunch break. I'll be up some time Saturday morning but not early but before noon. I'll let you know when I get there.

Jerry

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 240 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
See you tomorrow morning Jerry.

Bob

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I have two Coleman 12x12 that work pretty good, but aren't the most durable in the world.. Another racer at a Rocky Mountain Superchargers event I raced at (when I broke a rod) had a Strongway 10x20. I'm getting one once my car is back together...

Here's the link if you want to check it out...it's built pretty good, and is fairly easy to set up..

https://www.northerntool.com/p...e-model-f006-5068291

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1468 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post